Wiki Posts
Search

Gate365 cancelled transaction

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Gate365 cancelled transaction

Hi all

I purchased life insurance via gocompare and used gate365. The transaction tracked and 31,500 avois have been pending since October. This week it showed as cancelled.

I raised a missing transaction request and got told I didn't use gate365 as the final merchant to buy the product. This isn't correct. And why was it showing as tracked?

I have asked if I could escalate it any further. Does anyone have any advice?
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
This thread mentions many reasons why a transaction may not successfully credit or may get reversed: BA eStore Reversals Common or just me!?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stevietommo
Hi all

I purchased life insurance via gocompare and used gate365. The transaction tracked and 31,500 avois have been pending since October. This week it showed as cancelled.

I raised a missing transaction request and got told I didn't use gate365 as the final merchant to buy the product. This isn't correct. And why was it showing as tracked?

hi stevietommo,

I’m late as usual but better late than never.

I’ve had this a few times too - tracked but not awarded yet more recently, tracked, awarded and then removed 6 months later because the merchant “disputed it”.

I thought I’d dispute it this time as I knew it wasn’t true and I got in touch with 365. They said the merchant told them I’d had a refund apart from £1 so they’d removed 100 Avios and replaced with 4.

I asked them to investigate which they agreed to do but I heard nothing. So I got in touch with the retailer a few weeks later who replied the same day to say that was rubbish - I’d paid what I was supposed to, I was entitled to the anticipated Avios, here’s further proof I didn’t get a refund and let them know if there’s anything further they could do to help.

I got back in touch with 365 with all the proof but they said they still have to investigate although it’s odd that it takes them months (and it’s still ongoing) yet I managed it in an hour.

In short and if I didn’t know better, I’d say Alex had joined 365 and is pressing the “let’s hope they don’t notice and/or just give up” button.

Not sure if this is useful but if you have the email saying it was tracked, then dispute their claims that it wasn’t.

I know it’s only 96 Avios in my case but I’m fed up with BA cutting this and reducing that - needless to say, I won’t be taking any notice of the go away button.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by stevietommo
Hi all

My understanding of the cashback/referral portals is they are paid a commission from the retailers for passing through business to them. This is I turn passed on to you in the form of Cashback or Avios or whatever.

If you’ve researched via go compare it’s logical that gate 365 haven’t ‘introduced’ you to the company and pretty sure that the cookies captured when you did the search via go compare could be identified to you when you took the policy out via gate365.

I use TopCashback. Not the speediest but I’ve never had a declined payment. A couple of transactions have tracked and confirmed at lower amounts but always paid at the advertised rate after an investigation. With each retailer there’s a good to know and what will stop you getting cash back section.

Top Cashback say never assume you will get the Cashback if you complete the purchase as whilst they can dispute /query your recourse is virtually nothing.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club, , Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

If you’ve researched via go compare it’s logical that gate 365 haven’t ‘introduced’ you to the company and pretty sure that the cookies captured when you did the search via go compare could be identified to you when you took the policy out via gate365.
GoCompare is the retailer.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:31 am

The vast majority of declines are ‘user error’, where people research online first, then click through from a portal later expecting to be paid a commission. The BA e-store (along with all similar cash back portals) are very clear that theirs must be the first cookie with a track to the website you buy from - you agree to these T&C so can’t later argue otherwise! There’s a really simple solution - either use separate browsers, or delete cookies before starting your final purchase run.
KeaneJohn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.