Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by pmramsay
Just a note on flying to Merida. We are going to do that as part of our trip later this year but are well aware it’s a 3-4 hour taxi or bus ride to the riviera maya. We have found a local company that will take us but you may struggle with some transfer companies based in RM. shame they don’t have a shuttle flight from Merida to cancun!
I've never used a private transfer/taxi service, but i''d imagine it's easily a couple of hundred pounds (it's 300+ km). The ADO bus should be between £10 and £20 depending on time and the class of bus. The regular "first-class" bus is absolutely fine, very comfortable with reserved seats: it's a frequent service and easy to use. Most buses will use the Came terminal in the centre of Merida and Cancun's central bus station. There's another Merida terminal north of the centre by the hotel zone.

The service is frequent enough (at least in normal times) not to require advanced booking, but the day before would give peace of mind. ADO's website is Spanish-only, but it's pretty straight forward: it doesn't like non-Mexican credit cards though you can get round that with Paypal.

https://www.ado.com.mx/

I think Mayair (local charter airline) was going to offer daily turbo-prop flights between Merida and Cancun. But I wouldn't hold my breath for that ....

Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Has anyone been with kids to Mexico City? Will have almost 24hrs there between flights and trying to figure out what nice things there might be to do and where to stay. The Circulo Mexicano hotel mentioned above looks good -- and I've also seen a hotel on MrandMrsSmith that seems nice too. Suggestions about location, safety, etc would be helpful, since we're arriving late at night on AA and leaving the following night on BA in early August.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
Has anyone been with kids to Mexico City? Will have almost 24hrs there between flights and trying to figure out what nice things there might be to do and where to stay. The Circulo Mexicano hotel mentioned above looks good -- and I've also seen a hotel on MrandMrsSmith that seems nice too. Suggestions about location, safety, etc would be helpful, since we're arriving late at night on AA and leaving the following night on BA in early August.
It’s a few years since I’ve been and before our little ones were on the scene. The zócalo area where the Circulo Mexicano was quiet in the evening but if you are planning just arrive and go to the hotel that should be ok. There is a bit to see in the immediate area in the daytime before you head back to the airport. Personally I would want to arrange a private transfer through the hotel though.
salut0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.