Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA Lounge at Manchester

I am flying from Manchester next week, BA are departing from T1 and then T3 again in May. I contacted BA to ask about lounge access and they mentioned that BA customers would have access to a lounge but she did not have details. Has anyone flown with BA recently and is there a lounge that Gold/Silver Tier members have access to? I understand the First Wing in T5 Heathrow is open?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
This thread has the details you need: BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings

There is currently no lounge available at MAN. BA have permanently closed their Terraces lounge, although in time, once passenger numbers pick back up, it is assumed that access will be available to one of the third party lounges.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:28 pm

Closed / Gone / Buh Bye.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Very sad, whilst the lounge was perhaps a little tired it was a fantastic place to relax before a flight, and wonderful staff. I hope BA fix this soon, yet another reason to consider Etihad, Emirates and Qatar, I suspect their lounges will be reopening soon... I suspect the (relatively) safe haven of a lounge will be more important than ever for customers who have to travel, I am not interested in a busy Escape Lounge...
Markie likes this.

Last edited by ademanuele; Apr 18, 2021 at 12:55 am
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by ademanuele
Very sad, whilst the lounge was perhaps a little tired it was a fantastic place to relax before a flight, and wonderful staff. I hope BA fix this soon, yet another reason to consider Etihad, Emirates and Qatar, I suspect their lounges will be reopening soon... I suspect the (relatively) safe haven of a lounge will be more important than ever for customers who have to travel, I am not interested in a busy Escape Lounge...
I hope BA is able to make alternative arrangements for its customers soon, too. The picture at MAN isn't much rosier for ME3 customers as they are also without a lounge at the moment.
Fruitcake and ademanuele like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Will be interesting to see what happens to air travel. Many frequent flyer will be looking forward to getting back but... Here is what flying is like for the foreseeable future:

- limited if any Fast Track
- limited if any lounge access
- no alcohol served in lounges
- expensive Covid tests
- long queues to get through immigration controls

The above may be the right things to do in the circumstances, but is a deterrent for me at the moment... I suspect many premium passengers will be waiting to see what happens before making any plans?

Last edited by ademanuele; Apr 18, 2021 at 5:24 am
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Will be interesting to see what happens to air travel. Many frequent flyer will be looking forward to getting back but... Here is what flying is like for the foreseeable future:

- limited if any Fast Track
- limited if any lounge access
- no alcohol served in lounges
- expensive Covid tests
- long queues to get through immigration controls

The above may be the right things to do in the circumstances, but is a deterrent for me at the moment... I suspect many premium passengers will be waiting to see what happens before making any plans?
Fast Track will come back once there are enough passengers to justify the cost for the airlines, as will lounge access and alcohol in lounges. The latter two were alive and well for the most part throughout last summer.

Travel restrictions (including the requirement for testing) and long immigration queues will be the real challenges, which neither the airline nor the airport can control.
ademanuele likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:36 am
Original Poster

BA at MAN seem to be going back to T3 next week, any news on whether we will have access to a lounge?
Old May 15, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
BA at MAN seem to be going back to T3 next week, any news on whether we will have access to a lounge?
very unlikely. Since they closed the BA lounge they never offered any 3rd party lounge option.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:47 am
Original Poster

When I spoke to BA a few weeks ago they indicated a 3rd party lounge would be available but no details…
Old May 15, 2021, 11:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don’t think ba are going back to T3 next week. I have had emails from ba yesterday to confirm next weeks flights at still at t1.
Krisz likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Interesting, I have a flight Friday and still showing T3. Aspire Lounge is due to open in T1 on 17th so 🤞
Old May 15, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Wonder which it will be. Air France and KLM business and status passengers went to 1903 before lockdown which, to be honest, would be an upgrade.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:17 pm

I think I read somewhere that BA would be moving from T3 to the expanded T2 when that opened. If that is to happen, then we may have to wait for a MAN lounge until that happens. Keep breathing regularly!
Old May 15, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by RGS5526
I think I read somewhere that BA would be moving from T3 to the expanded T2 when that opened. If that is to happen, then we may have to wait for a MAN lounge until that happens. Keep breathing regularly!
Yup. Prior to lockdown there were rumours of a (BA led?) Oneworld lounge in T2. Might make sense given it’d be bringing an AA flight to PHL (sadly now gone), Cathay to HKG, 2x Finnair to HEL, Iberia to MAD and the BA service together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.