Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
possibly. i don't know whether it was a one off or a regular change. i shall be there again tomorrow so i will see what they do then.
so boarded twice since then. wednesday was gate 1 on an a320neo and it was back to strict row number but boarding was by back stairs and front stairs.

today was an a321neo so on gate 4 about 50-70% full and it was announced as everyone all together, but again using back and front stairs.

i hope to spot a pattern soon!
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Don't you just move the bags out of the overhead?
The front bins are not ‘owned’ by CE. I don't think it would be your place to remove bags. Perhaps highlighting to crew would be more appropriate. I wouldn’t wish to be ‘fingering’ anyones else's luggage currently anyway.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by gw76
The front bins are not ‘owned’ by CE. I don't think it would be your place to remove bags. Perhaps highlighting to crew would be more appropriate. I wouldn’t wish to be ‘fingering’ anyones else's luggage currently anyway.
No, but they are reserved for Club passengers.
efincomputer and Fruitcake like this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
so boarded twice since then. wednesday was gate 1 on an a320neo and it was back to strict row number but boarding was by back stairs and front stairs.

today was an a321neo so on gate 4 about 50-70% full and it was announced as everyone all together, but again using back and front stairs.

i hope to spot a pattern soon!
Looking at the wording of the recent BA holidays offers with ‘added extras’, it says ‘priority boarding from 21 June’, so at a guess I’d say that’s when boarding groups will be reintroduced across the network?
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by volar
Looking at the wording of the recent BA holidays offers with ‘added extras’, it says ‘priority boarding from 21 June’, so at a guess I’d say that’s when boarding groups will be reintroduced across the network?
Yes, unless England's Step 4 is delayed, which is entirely possible given the 'Delta' variant and the rising number of positive cases.
volar likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No, but they are reserved for Club passengers.
Exactly....
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I know we have all thought this at some point but I have decided that BA has specifically targeted me to wind me up.

I had previously written to BA to explain how the current schedule doesn't really work for short term (1-3 day) commuter travel as there are no early or late flights in the schedule any more.

A response within 24 hours (impressive) with lots of "oh yes, we see what you mean, must be inconvenient - will feed it back to the monthly GGL review - blah"

Today I have received 7 schedule changes to existing bookings, and every single schedule change has made the situation even worse. On some days, the last flight to LHR had been at 15:50 (kind of embarrassing to leave client office at 13:30) - and now it's at 15:05 which just means there's no point in me going into the client office as I will look like a part timer

For some days, I had stayed in Manchester an extra night, planning to take the 07:00 back to LHR, so I could get a full client day. Now the 07:00 to LHR has been moved to 08:45.

Clearly they're not interested in point to point journeys at the moment and are flexing the timetable for connections - I suspect I have been one of very few over the last few weeks that hasn't been connecting - I've had to cancel my flights for the week after next and the week after that and unfortunately driving will now become the norm
KARFA and SxMan like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Clearly they're not interested in point to point journeys at the moment and are flexing the timetable for connections - I suspect I have been one of very few over the last few weeks that hasn't been connecting - I've had to cancel my flights for the week after next and the week after that and unfortunately driving will now become the norm
I had a look at booking MAN-LHR-MAN flights for early July. It was showing 4 flights a day, but the prices were ridiculous! Gave up on that, and will probably spend Ł60 for the train instead
bafan likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I had a look at booking MAN-LHR-MAN flights for early July. It was showing 4 flights a day, but the prices were ridiculous! Gave up on that, and will probably spend Ł60 for the train instead
Exactly. Mad pricing, compressed and unstable schedule - what more could you want?! Excellent work BA 😊
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:12 pm

For those that travel through MAN frequently, the usual gate 01 currently used by BA has now been renumbered to 35.
awm, KARFA and ENTP like this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wythy
For those that travel through MAN frequently, the usual gate 01 currently used by BA has now been renumbered to 35.
This caused confusion in the baggage hall this afternoon for some reason
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:44 pm

Gates 16, 17 and 18 have also been renumbered to 36, 37 and 38 respectively. The signage in the main T1 departures area directs passengers to “Gates 35 to 150”.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
That explains a lot!

aks120
Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Was allowed through priority security today. A bit fruitless given that there was only one lane open. Utterly chaotic in that classic MAN way - every second bag going to secondary (usually triggered by people having LFTs in their bag) and one passenger being led off for a ‘private chat’ with the police.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC
All lounges remain closed too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.