Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just had terminal change emails through for bookings through to mid July so as expected by many T3 doesn't look to be opening to any degree this side of summer.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 6:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes definitely covers until end of July. Nothing for my August and beyond bookings so far.,
Old May 18, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Ha ha KARFA you clearly have more than me - but yes I thought BA had started spamming as well

KARFA likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Ha ha KARFA you clearly have more than me - but yes I thought BA had started spamming as well
What can I say, I love MAN! Can't keep away from that lovely airport
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 18, 2021, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, I have just had several, mine go to 29th July, all now leavingT1!
Old May 18, 2021, 7:32 am

I have just had five emails for one return flight from Manchester mid June to mid July informing me it is T1.

I had been hoping that T1 would have been demolished by now with a monument to mark all of its millions of victims.

The suggestion that BA might not even provide lounge access in T1 appears in breach of contract. The BA T3 lounge was open when I booked and there are 3rd party lounges available in T1.

Are BA also going to tell me that I have been rebooked onto Ryanair?
Old May 18, 2021, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Emails coming in now notifying MAN flights are T1, seem to cover to end of July. I feel like I am being spammed!

Had a couple of those in my inbox not too long ago. I actually saw the change to T1 last night while checking my booking on the website (I keep looking at the seatmap thinking that the number of rows in CE are a bit excessive for a 35 minute flight!).
Old May 18, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
What can I say, I love MAN! Can't keep away from that lovely airport
Really?

I assumed it was another round of cancelations. So finding out it was only T1 was a relief
Old May 19, 2021, 6:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
aka, we won't open until we can ram the place to full capacity....
It was open in between the previous lockdowns, even though there weren't that many flights. It was fine in there - with a good menu and table service.

Virgin were using it for their premium passengers, and part of the lounge was reserved for them.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Am currently at MAN awaiting the BA1391 to LHR.

T1 overall isn't any worse than T3 and benefits from greater space so in some ways it's not a bad thing that all flights are going out of T1 at the moment.

However, as others have mentioned, security has inherited T3's glacial progress, presumably using the same staff and I foolishly thought I wouldn't need fast track so I didn't ask to use it as the terminal seemed to be deserted. However in true Alton Towers style, it wasn't possible to see the end of the queue from the BP scan - I raced through miles of empty tensabarrier lanes to see a queue at the end of about 30 people and 2 security lanes in use.

40 minutes later I was through. The scanners seem to be better in that it's not required now to unfurl cables to try to avoid secondary security - but the anguishingly slow pace of the staff was something to behold. One couple with a baby told me it had taken them 2 hours to get through so I was quite pleased by my 40 minutes.

No lounges open yet - but this does mean that the upstairs area where the lounges are is very quiet for calls etc.

Just seeing if I get a bus now to the plane....
Old May 20, 2021, 10:17 am

The good news is no bus to the plane as BA are still using gate 6 atm. Arriving passengers are bused, but departing ones board down the stairs and across the apron.

Is it raining?
ENTP likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:20 am

The good news is no bus to the plane as BA are still using gate 6 atm. Arriving passengers are bused, but departing ones board down the stairs and across the apron.

Is it raining?
Excellent thanks.. of course it’s raining ☔️!!

KARFA and EDIwanderer like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 2:58 am

Update on MAN arrival procedure today:

Stairs as usual from the aircraft but then directed on foot into T3 domestic arrivals. Long walk through T3 (who knew it was so big?!) but then of course no taxis or ubers serving the terminal so a run in the rain (obvs) back to T1.

not sure if this was a one off - just adds to the confusion - but at least no crammed bus this time..
Old May 25, 2021, 4:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Update on MAN arrival procedure today:

Stairs as usual from the aircraft but then directed on foot into T3 domestic arrivals. Long walk through T3 (who knew it was so big?!) but then of course no taxis or ubers serving the terminal so a run in the rain (obvs) back to T1.

not sure if this was a one off - just adds to the confusion - but at least no crammed bus this time..
Which gate did you arrive at?
Old May 25, 2021, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Which gate did you arrive at?
Sorry - I am a poor excuse for a Flyertalker. I didn't notice as it was all so odd - the UK arrivals door was pretty close - It was definitely nowhere near to the usual 141 / 142s. I am guessing, looking at the map of the terminal that it would have been somewhere around Gate 53 - ish..
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.