Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge at Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by S_W_S
Have BA Got a Club Europe desk back at MAN yet? I've seen them at NCL and INV recently, so surely they must do?
There was when we went through a few weeks back, one CE/Status desk to the right and a handful of general ones to the left. BA are in that funny little hidden away bit off to the right side of security as opposed to the main hall.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by BJ787
There was when we went through a few weeks back, one CE/Status desk to the right and a handful of general ones to the left. BA are in that funny little hidden away bit off to the right side of security as opposed to the main hall.
The location can change. At the moment, the main hall is being used as more space has been created due Tui and Jet2 moving over to T2.
BJ787 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by BJ787
Is that the weird corner bit where Lufthansa Group airlines were before COVID? Strong recollections of spending 10 mins wandering up and down trying to find it.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by CirrusDesAigles
I'd come and help out with a hammer for free if needs be. T3 is genuinely one of the worst airport experiences in Europe.
It's the staff, they're seemingly trained to do things the "Manchester way" which is a whole host of additional restrictive practices over and above DfT legislation. It's just an unpleasant environment, ironically what used to be Terminal B Domestic was once an oasis of calm when it was rebuilt from the original pier but before BA and MAG built out T3.
MAN security just assume everyone is a terrorist and start from there, which is not quite how's it's meant be.
CirrusDesAigles likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Ha ha yes the MAN conundrum. Check bag and de-risk security but increase time the other end. I think even if I went through security in MAN with no bag and just in my underwear, they'd find a reason to send me to secondary 😂
funny to mention. The only airport in the world so far where I had to undress to my underwear because MAN security wanted to scan my jeans. No idea why, no idea what triggered but they had to put it through the scanner. I believe if they could just remove the machines and do everything manually it actually would be faster and better experience.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Krisz
funny to mention. The only airport in the world so far where I had to undress to my underwear because MAN security wanted to scan my jeans. No idea why, no idea what triggered but they had to put it through the scanner. I believe if they could just remove the machines and do everything manually it actually would be faster and better experience.
Wow!

I don't think I'd have been impressed if I was asked to remove my jeans. Hopefully they provided you with a discreet way of doing this.

Certainly agree with a manual approach probably being faster at MAN, but better still, just use the best available automated systems, in a sensible way (like many airports around the world manage to do).
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skipness1E
It's the staff, they're seemingly trained to do things the "Manchester way" which is a whole host of additional restrictive practices over and above DfT legislation. It's just an unpleasant environment, ironically what used to be Terminal B Domestic was once an oasis of calm when it was rebuilt from the original pier but before BA and MAG built out T3.
MAN security just assume everyone is a terrorist and start from there, which is not quite how's it's meant be.
The ironic thing is that 10 years ago, they were great, polite (always said good morning in a pleasant way), didn't have too many secondary searches. Sadly things have changed a lot since then.

T
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Krisz
Wow. I am almost masochistically looking forward to 6am tomorrow now as I prance around MAN security in my boxers.

Although in a first this week, I also had LHR T5 "fast track" send my liquids to secondary because, apparently, my totally normal, bought in Tesco, Sure deodorant had a consistency of something dodgy.

I mean, really - I think if this were really true then we would never get out of security, especially during the hot months.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Which lounge now in Terminal 3?

With the permanent closure of BA lounge at MAN T3, what is the option given now with the re-opening since we were in Escape lounge in T1 when BA was flying from there earlier in the year (which was actually a better lounge than BA's old T3 lounge apart from the lack of view). Where is BA allowing passengers now that T3 is re-opened?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 11:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
You will have access to The Escape Lounge in T3, it is the only lounge in that terminal. It is located adjacent to the former BA Lounge.
KARFA and Dselvan like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Anyone know where the Uber pick up is at T3?
It use to be on the ground crow of the short stay car park. I’ll be arriving late and tired and don’t want to faff about walking around the airport at night with luggage.

Plus as T3 has only opened in the past few days the Uber app may not be correct.

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:51 pm

To answer my own question… Uber don’t pick up from T3. Hopefully this will change soon.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
To answer my own question… Uber don’t pick up from T3. Hopefully this will change soon.
The app only currently lets you select T1, T2 or Signature flight services as I don’t think it has been updated. The driver I had on Friday said they were hoping T3 would be added shortly and told me I just should have called to say I was at T3 and he would have picked me up from there. No issue dropping off at T3 today.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:04 pm

The last time I asked an Uber driver to pick me up from T3 he said he couldn’t go against the app!
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:37 pm

My apologies. I just realised that I posted this in the Manchester lounge thread instead of the ‘BA and Manchester’ thread.

That will teach me to do a quick post just as we are about to push back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.