Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Club Europe - Free seating?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Domestic Club Europe - Free seating?

I've just booked my first BA long haul for a number of years (it was cheap!) - J out and F back.

On the domestic connection to and from MAN, the seat selection was free. Is that new, or have I just missed it? I always thought you have to pay for the domestic if you don't have any status?

I checked the following on the dashboard, but couldn't see anything on there :-

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Seating Policy Guide

They still want a minimum of £59 for the long hall J... I'll pass on that thanks.

Cheers!
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:31 am

Lots of domestic connections when transferring from/to First and Club World book into the J or C fare bucket which allows advanced seat assignments free of charge. Had it booked into D/R/I then you'd have had to pay for the seat selection.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I had this occur as well on an upcoming trip to the US in October, starting from DUB. All I-class flights, with the exception of both DUB-LHR legs, which appear as J (and like yourself, offer me free seat selection).
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Thanks both. That explains it.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 4:10 pm

You also get a slightly higher amount of avios awarded when booked in J/C too.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Where are you going?
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Lots of domestic connections when transferring from/to First and Club World book into the J or C fare bucket which allows advanced seat assignments free of charge. Had it booked into D/R/I then you'd have had to pay for the seat selection.
Pretty sure the free seating applies to a D fare as well.

Edit: Ignore me. I just checked and its asking to seating fees on D fare, but you do earn the higher Avios amount like the J and C fares.

Last edited by SonicStar817; Apr 15, 2021 at 11:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.