Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I actually got a receipt email a little bit after you… which doesn’t give me all that much hope since my flight is at 4pm this afternoon! I’ve also just realised that my sample time is going to be just over 72hrs after the departure time of the first flight tomorrow. FlyerTalk needs to add a facepalm emoji.
I ended up getting my results around 9pm Saturday.

My timeline was:
  1. Dropped off sample at ~15:30 Thursday at a central London Randox Dropbox (inside a Randox clinic/testing center)
  2. Email received showing receipt of the sample at ~11am Saturday
  3. Email received showing negative test result at ~9pm Saturday (after missing my flight!)

I won’t be using Randox for a “fit to fly” test again.

As badly as the US has handled many aspects of this pandemic - the testing situation in the US is leagues ahead of the UK. When leaving the US I got a (free) PCR test with results back in less than three hours… all efficiently scheduled and run by local government, same day appointments, less than 5 minutes in the clinic, no fuss, no hassle. A very different experience vs Randox / the UK.

Last edited by coleslaw; Jul 4, 2021 at 8:38 am
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Further data point here: Dropped off in London box 10.30am Fri, received Sat 09.41, result Sat 20.54.

Given that Randox are very cheap they appear to provide a decent service provided nothing goes wrong with the process.

Wil see how my day 5 goes on Tuesday (although no notification that it has yet been sent as of Sun mid-day)
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Based on the current trustpilot reviews, it looks like Randox might be having some issues currently, so it might be worth having a backup plan if you are relying on tests or results over the next couple of days at least (their overall trust score dropped below 3 overnight): https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.randoxhealth.com
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by Ikaz
Based on the current trustpilot reviews, it looks like Randox might be having some issues currently, so it might be worth having a backup plan if you are relying on tests or results over the next couple of days at least (their overall trust score dropped below 3 overnight): https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.randoxhealth.com
feeling nervous about receiving our Test to Release packs on Thursday after reading all of the Trustpilot reviews - clearly a big problem over the last few days with getting these to people in time for their 5th day. Have any Flyertalkers had a better experience? We really need to be out of isolation on the 6th day so I wonder whether we should buy tests from another provider to be on the safe side?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAFlyer74
feeling nervous about receiving our Test to Release packs on Thursday after reading all of the Trustpilot reviews - clearly a big problem over the last few days with getting these to people in time for their 5th day. Have any Flyertalkers had a better experience? We really need to be out of isolation on the 6th day so I wonder whether we should buy tests from another provider to be on the safe side?
Per the comments above it seems like there’s no difference between the test kits that you reduce / send back (other than some labeling). You could always buy another kit for £43 which you’ll get immediately and then just use that on day 5 if your main concern is having the test kit in your possession on day 5. Of course you’re still subject to any Randox delays that might crop up in the return / analysis process...
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by teledude
For those doing Randox….

They are all the same kits. You don’t need to order the TTR specifically and when they arrive at your house is of no relevance. I have a stack of them here ready - the use is dictated by what you register the kit on the randox site as. So you can use a day 8 “kit” for TTR etc.
Just wondering if anyone else has successfully registered a day 8 test for a day 5 TTR?? If so, presumably you used your TTR booking ref in the online test registration process ?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Just wondering if anyone else has successfully registered a day 8 test for a day 5 TTR?? If so, presumably you used your TTR booking ref in the online test registration process ?
I have not tried it. However I read somewhere (can’t find it now) on the Randox website that the URN numbers printed on the boxes / sample tubes do have a logic to them. Apparently the first digit after the R indicates the type of test. So R8… is a day 8, R2… a day 2. Etc.

I have no idea if there is some validation logic when you register the URN that stops you using the codes for different test types.

Perhaps others have real life data points?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:35 am

To provide two data points:
Day 2 dropped off at Randox Dropbox on Sunday c. 09:30, confirmed received Monday 11:10, result Monday 18:20

Day 8 dropped off at Randox Dropbox on Saturday c. 09:30, confirmed received Sunday 05:40, result Sunday 15:40

I think sub-36hr turnaround over weekends for the price is very good.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by nick50000
I have not tried it. However I read somewhere (can’t find it now) on the Randox website that the URN numbers printed on the boxes / sample tubes do have a logic to them. Apparently the first digit after the R indicates the type of test. So R8… is a day 8, R2… a day 2. Etc.

I have no idea if there is some validation logic when you register the URN that stops you using the codes for different test types.

Perhaps others have real life data points?
Yes, my Day 2 was R2xxxx and Day 8 was R8xxxx
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by HoneymoonFlyer
Yes, my Day 2 was R2xxxx and Day 8 was R8xxxx
My fit to fly test was R5… so possible that day 5 / TTR is essentially treated the same as a fit to fly.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:56 am

So the $64k question is whether, if the system lets me register a kit starting with an 8 as a day 5 test Randox will process it on day 6 ??
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:02 am

So the $64k question is whether, if the system lets me register a kit starting with an 8 as a day 5 test Randox will process it on day 6 ??
Indeed! I would imagine if the system let’s you register it it would probably just be processed as normal.

Last edited by nick50000; Jul 4, 2021 at 10:09 am
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Correct. I have an R5 and R8 kit here. Should be two day 8s. There is zero issue using any kit for any purpose.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:14 am

It seems odd that all the many many Trustpilot complaints are specifically about Day 5 tests. It's as though they must have run out of tests that are badged as Day 5. I have to say that I now wish I had never gone down the Randox route !
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
It seems odd that all the many many Trustpilot complaints are specifically about Day 5 tests. It's as though they must have run out of tests that are badged as Day 5. I have to say that I now wish I had never gone down the Randox route !
The issue is people assumed you had to get them delivered on day 5. And if DPD turn up at 6pm that's pointless. If ordering a TTR just pick day 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.