Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:47 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by philm11
Curious if any member successfully used the Randox home PCR test for travel to Barbados ?

Barbados is very strict with the type of test they allow for entry, it must state 'Nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal' as the type of test, not oral swab.
Last time I looked BGI didn't allow home swabs.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Last few days been getting my head around all this for our holiday to Madeira. I can see why people are put off as this is such an easy destination (at the moment) but still lots of registering forms. Uploaded our fully vaccinated certificates into the booking yesterday and already been approved FTF. Have the QR code from the Madeira website. As we don’t have to present a test on arrival, the authorities there allow 1 test per visit which now also includes pre departure tested. So we can book a PCR free for our return to the UK.

I’ve check the links in here for our day 0-2 tests, which it appears is all we need to pay for on this trip. As we’re transferring to Manchester and we don’t want to go landslide in our transit the Collinson testing at MAN is closed when we arrive at 10pm, so just debating whether to pop back the next day or order one of the online tests. We’ll decide whilst away next week. May be the government by then will waive any testing for fully Vacs people from Green countries! No, I don’t think so either! But one can hope!
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Email 08.10 today to say my sample was in their lab
Result and certificate back at 18.09

Antigua here I come
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some help required! Flying to Antigua on Saturday, but have noticed this on the GOV website :

Pre-arrival requirements

All passengers 12 years and older arriving by air in Antigua and Barbuda, including those transiting the country, must provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken within seven days of their flight. Only tests administered by health care professionals are valid. Home tests are not permitted.

You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test.
Does this mean the Randox test I have taken is not satisfactory ?

Latest Antigua Travel advisory states :

1. All arriving passengers by air must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR (real time
polymerase chain reaction) test for SARS-CoV-2 using a nasopharyngeal or
oropharyngeal swab taken within seven days of their flight. (This includes
transiting passengers).
» Travel Advisory June 1, 2021 (gov.ag)

Should I rush out and get a test by a healthcare professional ?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Gold, AF Gold, AA; Marriott Silver, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Some help required! Flying to Antigua on Saturday, but have noticed this on the GOV website :

Does this mean the Randox test I have taken is not satisfactory ?

Latest Antigua Travel advisory states :

» Travel Advisory June 1, 2021 (gov.ag)

Should I rush out and get a test by a healthcare professional ?
We had the same worry before our trip to Antigua last month. See https://visitantiguabarbuda.com/travel-advisory/
At the end, we decided it was worth paying more to get a test by doctap, which actually uses Randox, but they issue an additional Fit-to-Fly certificate specifically stating the test was performed by a healthcare professional.
The check at ANU was quite cursory, I am not sure if they really checked for that.
We paid more, but I suppose we bought the peace of mind.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Exec
Not a great experience here. Ordered fit to fly on Monday morning for a trip to Spain on Sat morning. Still waiting for the kit to be dispatched, so hope fading that I can take it on Thursday in time for the flight. Would have done it earlier but Spain only added requirement on Monday.

I have used Randox before and indeed they dispatched my Day 2 arrival test that is not needed for another week very quickly but in my case the more urgent fit to fly is definitely not speedy. Emails through the webform go unanswered and wait time on the phone is currently over 1 hour.

Oh well.. off to Expresstest I go and hope for the best.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are Expresstest considered "healthcare professionals" ?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 4:04 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Booked randox for day 2 as flying Monday from green list I received my booking reference in confirmation email, my husband also received his email but no mention of booking reference which is what is required for our locator form for re entry to uk. Tried calling but told 2 hour wait and was number 156 in queue! Surely with all the money they are raking in they could up their staff. Have sent an email but just hope I get a reply before we fly or husband will be stuck here. Really weird that mine is fine but his has only an order number.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Email 08.10 today to say my sample was in their lab
I dropped off a sample in a drop box yesterday (at one of their clinic locations)... I didn't get any email confirmation that my sample had reached their lab.

How many emails should you expect to get from ordering through to results? So far I've only gotten:
  1. Order confirmation
  2. Order dispatch
  3. Confirmation of online registration
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should get the "Received" email - I go this 08.10 the following morning - to confirm your URN.... has been received in their lab
Next email will be the result & cert - 18.09
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You should get the "Received" email - I go this 08.10 the following morning - to confirm your URN.... has been received in their lab
Next email will be the result & cert - 18.09
Thanks. The timelines aren't looking so great for me, with a flight tomorrow and no "receipt" email as of 11:30...
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Has anyone else made a horlicks taking the backing strip off the tamper-proof seal of the bio-secure bag in which the tube is placed before going into the box? I did, and my bag is sealed but says "void" on the tamper proof strip. Wondering if this will result in an inconclusive test ??
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Has anyone else made a horlicks taking the backing strip off the tamper-proof seal of the bio-secure bag in which the tube is placed before going into the box? I did, and my bag is sealed but says "void" on the tamper proof strip. Wondering if this will result in an inconclusive test ??
Good luck trying to get through to Randox to ask them! You're probably best off just sending it in and seeing what happens. I'd guess they'll just process it as normal.

I'm now left trying to figure out what I can do for a last minute PCR given that my sample still hasn't arrived at their lab and I'm due to travel tomorrow afternoon. Based on comments in the thread it seems like people are getting their results in the late afternoon/early evening, which is probably going to be too late for me. .
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Good luck trying to get through to Randox to ask them! You're probably best off just sending it in and seeing what happens. I'd guess they'll just process it as normal.

I'm now left trying to figure out what I can do for a last minute PCR given that my sample still hasn't arrived at their lab and I'm due to travel tomorrow afternoon. Based on comments in the thread it seems like people are getting their results in the late afternoon/early evening, which is probably going to be too late for me. .

Your right about getting through. I called but was immediately disconnected both times when I selected the 'I have a question' option.

Good luck with the re-testing. This whole process is a lottery / nightmare. I am wondering how people are getting on with credit card chargebacks when the testers don't perform adequately.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw

Does your destination accept LAMP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.