Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

BA partnership with Randox Health: Covid PCR Tests £60

Old Jun 22, 21, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers View Post
you're assuming your Eurofins test kit will arrive on time (mine didn't) ... and that they will process your sample on time ... both of which may be overly optimistic.
This is the govt leaving what it touts as a critical element of its infection control policy, to a completely unregulated industry. For sure suppliers need to be on a list, but there is clearly no quality control standard that needs to be satisfied to get on / stay on the list. Are there actually any examples at all of nonperforming suppliers losing their authorisations ?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jun 22, 21, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
When you see test kits poking out of the dropbox like that, and other stories of the kits not showing up at all it really does beg the question as to why the so called "first line of defence" is left up to private companies of which some didn't exist a year ago, let alone anyone outside of the healthcare testing sphere having ever heard of them.

Get it all in the NHS, charged at profit for the service. The NHS app has in the last few days been set up for NHS provided tests to be used for football matches and other large events... the same can easily be done for travel too. Happy to pay the NHS privately.
Old Jun 22, 21, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
As a data point - despite the somewhat overloaded dropbox - I was informed at 0948 the next day that my sample had arrived and I received the negative test result + certificate at 1618 - all in all a very satisfactory service
Old Jun 28, 21, 2:22 pm

Roughly how many first class stamps would be needed if I were to return one of these Randox Day 2 tests in a Priority Mailbox?
Old Jun 28, 21, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Took my pre travel test today at 14.45 and dropped it at Radisson Blu Edwardian at 15.30. Will update on timings tomorrow. Two tests dropped in, wasn’t far off full but there was a second smaller box if required
Old Jun 28, 21, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post
Roughly how many first class stamps would be needed if I were to return one of these Randox Day 2 tests in a Priority Mailbox?
The package weighs 64 grams.and can go under the Large Envelope rate which is £1.29 First Class.So that would be two First Class stamps, which implies 85 pence each. You could do 2 second class stamps since they are currently imputed at 66 pence.

However I would advise you to print up a Tracked 24 label for £4.02. You can do this up to 7 days in advance via the Royal Mail website and pay online.. The process creats a PDF you can print out and stick on to the Polythene bag supplied by Randox. That and the Randox kit is all that you would need. If you don't have a printer you can get it printed for you at some Royal Mail locations but the process is a bit messy. Make a note of the reference ending GB, however usually you get automatic emails of dispatch and arrival. The website allows some information on progress to Northern Ireland too.
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Jun 28, 21, 4:20 pm

Does the Randox Day 2 test result also contain the passport number? I tend to use another organization for UK-based Day 2 tests as I know that have a passport number on, but I thought I'd ask about Randox too while I'm here, based on people with experience of the tests!
Old Jun 28, 21, 6:11 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver
Does the Randox Day 2 test result also contain the passport number? I tend to use another organization for UK-based Day 2 tests as I know that have a passport number on, but I thought I'd ask about Randox too while I'm here, based on people with experience of the tests!
Yes
Old Jun 28, 21, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
FYI, if you return the sample using the Randox dropbox they state in their docs that you should get the results by 1159 pm the next day whereas if you use their preferred Courier (DX) or use your own way of getting the sample back to them (ie Royal Mail) then they will get try to get the results back to you one day from the time when the sample was received (which will always be later than 1159 pm but I am sure that they try to get the results to you the next day as per if you used a dropbox)

Therefore, it seems the Randox Dropbox is the way to go for the best advertised turn around but I don't know if using the other methods is any slower in practise.

Last edited by moral_low_ground; Jun 29, 21 at 4:00 am
Old Jun 28, 21, 8:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a question about the day 5 test to release test....can this test be taken at any time on day 5 or is it a case of if I arrived in the UK at 4pm it can't be taken until 4pm on day 5 ?
Asking the question as my local Randox drop box has a cut off time of 4pm.

Last edited by earlscourtflyer; Jun 28, 21 at 9:10 pm
Old Jun 28, 21, 10:58 pm

Curious if any member successfully used the Randox home PCR test for travel to Barbados ?

Barbados is very strict with the type of test they allow for entry, it must state 'Nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal' as the type of test, not oral swab.
Old Jun 28, 21, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer View Post
I have a question about the day 5 test to release test....can this test be taken at any time on day 5 or is it a case of if I arrived in the UK at 4pm it can't be taken until 4pm on day 5 ?
Asking the question as my local Randox drop box has a cut off time of 4pm.
Your arrival day is day 0. TTR can be done any time on day 5.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jun 28, 21, 11:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Your arrival day is day 0. TTR can be done any time on day 5.
thanks for the confirmation...that's a relief !
Old Jun 29, 21, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by philm11 View Post
Curious if any member successfully used the Randox home PCR test for travel to Barbados ?

Barbados is very strict with the type of test they allow for entry, it must state 'Nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal' as the type of test, not oral swab.
I'm not aware of any issue here. Randox says on their test results:

Originally Posted by Randox
Type of Test: Sample collection for the RT-PCR test is in the form of a swab, which will gather an individual’s nasal or throat secretions
which would be good enough for me. Clearly they are fighting some of the terminology involved with "RT" tests, as well as saliva and LAMP tests, but the Randox certificate also references the PerkinElmer equipment used, which won't work with blood or saliva. You could I guess take photos / videos of you getting the swab in the appropriate orifice but I think that's more than I would do. The test instructions can also be presented, and these clearly state throat and one nasal channels. CityDoc's instructions says throat and both nasal.
Old Jun 29, 21, 1:33 am

Email 08.10 today to say my sample was in their lab

Search this Thread