Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Future Travel Voucher has Changed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
So have they effectively converted the avios you used for part payment back in to cash? I have had that before, although apparently it isn't supposed to happen. In my case I was happy to take it as cash instead for the avios so said nothing.
BA really don’t help themselves here, with all the permutations of Avios and money and cash and Avios and so on. But in effect it’s simple, as long as you know the difference. So where the fare is priced in cash, and Avios are used to reduce it (officially called ‘Cash & Avios’), the Avios have a fixed value and this is - and has always been - converted back to the cash value when put into an e-voucher. Where Avios is used as a currency, i.e. for something needing redemption inventory, it can’t (and won’t ever) be put into an e-voucher. This is because EMDS documents have to follow IATA accounting standards, which don’t accept points as a currency. So what will always happen in this case is one of two things: either the cash will be vouchered and the Avios returned to an account, or they will remain together wrapped in a FTV. I haven’t had any myself, but have heard enough anecdotal examples to believe they might be converting a few of the latter into the former, presumably in order to reduce the burden on the contact centres.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:27 pm

I got this too but confused as already used the voucher against a BA Holiday later in the year. So assume if I try to use this new voucher it won’t work as it’s already assigned?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sjoh1271
I got this too but confused as already used the voucher against a BA Holiday later in the year. So assume if I try to use this new voucher it won’t work as it’s already assigned?
I would delete this post right away then try the voucher!
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Do BA publish outstanding voucher value in the official accounts?

There must be a staggering amount of IOUs to be used. Great now but a horrible legacy to shake off between now and expiry.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by u01sss3
I would delete this post right away then try the voucher!
really!?!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sjoh1271
really!?!
Try it a against a dummy booking. BA read these boards so I wouldn't advertise it on here.
​​​
​​​​​
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I have no issues, outstanding old manual FTV's are being converted into e-voucher. All of my old FTV's are just cash, so this is positive for me.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Will100
Do BA publish outstanding voucher value in the official accounts?

There must be a staggering amount of IOUs to be used. Great now but a horrible legacy to shake off between now and expiry.
Do they still report unflown ticket liability? They used to. If so, it will most likely be wrapped up in that, I don’t see them splitting it out. For FTVs it would be impossible anyway, as they’re effectively the same thing. So I suspect it’ll only be if they specifically want to draw attention to it.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gcuk
.... I know I have a joker, 9000 avios and 50p tied up in an FTV since last July. There is no value detailed on the FTV which has always been the case.
I did receive an email last October converting it to an eVoucher worth £36.87
I called and GGL who didn't understand what had happened and said they would ensure it was 'converted back' to the Joker, avios and tax on the FTV.
I took that at face value but I'll call GGL later and check the status.
By way of an update, I called GGL this evening and nothing had been done to correct the conversion of my FTV containing a joker, 9,000 avios and 50p to an eVoucher worth £36.87. After the very helpful agent spoke to a manager she had established a reward ticket should not be converted to an eVoucher. The £36.87 was the full taxes that would have been paid on a cash ticket so she would speak to various departments to make sure at least my joker was preserved. I did point out that £36 only bought 1,000 avios and at this point I was also down the 9,000 avios so resolving that was added to the task as well. The 50p I can live without.
So not resolved yet, but at least the problem has been acknowledged, again.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 12:00 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I FTVed a flight for 52 Swiss francs (which was the amount charged to my card) but I now have an evoucher for only 45 francs. As the pound has strengthened it's even worse in percentage terms as I will likely use it for a GBP fare.

But for such a small amount I don't really care that much and will get it back in Kettle chips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.