Hotline Tickets

Old Apr 11, 21, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Hotline Tickets

Hi

I am an ex BA staff and my staff travel benefits have finished. I wanted to explore the option of Hotline tickets. Just wanted to know what kind of discounts are available compared to commercial flights. And also is it restricted to specific sectors and can be booked for any region( US, Europe , Asia)
Old Apr 11, 21, 8:34 pm

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
If you no longer have access to concessions, you probably won't have access to Hotlines either, unless a former colleague can book them for you. If you can still get in to the intranet with your own access, the link to booking Hotlines is there, it takes you to a version of BA.com that quotes the fares that you can compare with regular fares in another window.

Generally the discount was 10% off published fares, plus all taxes, fees, and charges. Sometimes there were more promotional level fares, but I don't know if they're still released. The 10% should be available for any region, but probably not for franchise operated flights. Some longhaul JB codeshares were included, but BA.com shows which fares/flights were discounted or not.
Anonba likes this.
Old Apr 11, 21, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
The only part of concession travel that I enjoyed.

I disliked all the standby and "bookable" options.

Depending on route, time of year and sales, there were some absolutely amazing bargains to be had on Hotline!

Luckily I still have friends who are able to book for me if I want them, not that I really need to any more.
Kamaljeet Hayer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 21, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAXBA View Post
If you no longer have access to concessions, you probably won't have access to Hotlines either, unless a former colleague can book them for you. If you can still get in to the intranet with your own access, the link to booking Hotlines is there, it takes you to a version of BA.com that quotes the fares that you can compare with regular fares in another window.

Generally the discount was 10% off published fares, plus all taxes, fees, and charges. Sometimes there were more promotional level fares, but I don't know if they're still released. The 10% should be available for any region, but probably not for franchise operated flights. Some longhaul JB codeshares were included, but BA.com shows which fares/flights were discounted or not.
Thank you for the detailed information. I do not access to Intranet but I believe I can become a member ( BA Club) and access it.
Anonba likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 11, 21 at 11:19 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Apr 12, 21, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by Kamaljeet Hayer View Post
Thank you for the detailed information. I do not access to Intranet but I believe I can become a member ( BA Club) and access it.
Do you still have the BSAFE user ID and password that you would have used to access the staff travel website? If so you can try using it to log in to https://hotline.ba.com

I find for shot haul often the discount just gets you a Plus fare for the price of Basic. You can also sometimes get the site to give you a discount on BA Holidays by going to the "Book" menu at the top of the screen.
Anonba and Speedbirdsouth like this.
Old Apr 12, 21, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've found Hotline can be more expensive in Y as it doesn't (or didn't) offer HBO tickets, so the cheapest was often more than the cheapest available on regular BA.com
Old Apr 12, 21, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Exec
I’ve seen some incredible deals very recently for last minute travel in Europe where ba.com was looking for 500+ the day before travel and Hotline was still offering the same seat, flight, and date for 55....I’m not sure what that’s about, but it’s happened multiple times in the last 3 months...
Old Apr 12, 21, 3:25 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
The discounts start at 10% but arent on all fares anymore. I got 30% off Club to Orlando once which was my best success.
BingBongBoy likes this.
Old Apr 12, 21, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Some of the J Europe flights can be heavily discounted too. ARN and TLS were good value.
Old Apr 12, 21, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
I've found Hotline can be more expensive in Y as it doesn't (or didn't) offer HBO tickets, so the cheapest was often more than the cheapest available on regular BA.com
Im sure ive seen it give a baggage fare at hbo price
L1705 and James91 like this.
Old Apr 12, 21, 4:28 am

Typically you're looking at I and G class being available to get the best deals for Hotlines. G in particular can be open when the higher fares are closed.

Long-haul hotlines are usually less good value than European sectors, but will typically still give 10% off the base commercial fare, excluding taxes and fees.
Old Apr 12, 21, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Can be very good value for ET and CE fares, especially as all ET include a bag.
Old Apr 13, 21, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by BahrainLad View Post
Can be very good value for ET and CE fares, especially as all ET include a bag.
Apparently this changed last year and is no longer the case.
Old Apr 13, 21, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Confus View Post
Apparently this changed last year and is no longer the case.
This hasn’t changed. On short haul the only fare that can be selected for ET is a Plus ticket so it includes the hold baggage. For long haul in WT it’s Economy Standard; hold baggage included.

Last edited by Boeing77W; Apr 13, 21 at 11:27 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: