Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
So I’m on the phone to BA now. We were booked on Avios outbound Mar 23 and return Apr 5, both cancelled of course. The slightly unhelpful Gold line agent lady says we can get you out on Qatar but the alternative carrier policy is only to Mar 31 so we can’t bring you back! I’m now talking with a supervisor who’s checking with the global team. Any advice appreciated…
This is indeed the case currently

My advice for now would be to sit on it - Oneworld are not going to sell out from BKK anytime soon

These are the policies - keep an eye on them and likely they'll move out at some point soon (especially the Finnair one)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8739
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8181

Rather annoyingly airlines always seem to cancel and then go out and figure out the policies, so rushing to rebook isn't always to your advantage. Plus at the moment you're holding a fully refundable ticket which considering the current situation isn't a bad thing!

You can also try quoting option 8 of their standard guidelines - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...#cancellations
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by fdem
I was in the same situation LHR//BKK J SIN/LHR F. I was hoping to push this booking to December 22 but was told the original ticket date was September 21 so have to use by September 22. As I have no desire to travel this spring, nor in rainy/ monsoon season will probably lose the booking atv50% avios discount. Might try to argue that as there are no direct flights to Bangkok till November 22 and do not want to have to connect on QR they might allow a rebooking on first BA metal flight. Would have thought it would be cheaper for BA as well.
UK/EU 261 allows you to reroute to a date of your convenience. You'd need to take this "legal" - see the thread elsewhere on the board. I think a short sharp message to the legal department might get you rebooked (especially as you say, it's the sensible thing to do anyway!) otherwise you have CEDR / MCOL open to you
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:38 am
nmm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a booking to BKK in February returning March in Club. They have moved me to Thai and down graded to Y for the outbound flight and have not even given me a return!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by nmm
I have a booking to BKK in February returning March in Club. They have moved me to Thai and down graded to Y for the outbound flight and have not even given me a return!
Call in - you can definitely get Qatar, plenty of others reporting success for flights through until end March

Edit- is this a TA booking or a holiday with someone? quite weird you've got Thai in the mix
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sammyg901
This is indeed the case currently

My advice for now would be to sit on it - Oneworld are not going to sell out from BKK anytime soon

These are the policies - keep an eye on them and likely they'll move out at some point soon (especially the Finnair one)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8739
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8181

Rather annoyingly airlines always seem to cancel and then go out and figure out the policies, so rushing to rebook isn't always to your advantage. Plus at the moment you're holding a fully refundable ticket which considering the current situation isn't a bad thing!

You can also try quoting option 8 of their standard guidelines - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...#cancellations
Thanks for this - very useful, especially the policy links as this definitely answers the question so I will keep an eye on these. I didn't quite understand option 8 as it says I have to contact Trade Support unless I'm reading the wrong one which is highly likely knowing me!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:01 pm

Thanks for this - very useful, especially the policy links as this definitely answers the question so I will keep an eye on these. I didn't quite understand option 8 as it says I have to contact Trade Support unless I'm reading the wrong one which is highly likely knowing me!
That's if you are using a travel agent, if you booked BA direct then not relevant to you
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver
So I’m on the phone to BA now. We were booked on Avios outbound Mar 23 and return Apr 5, both cancelled of course. The slightly unhelpful Gold line agent lady says we can get you out on Qatar but the alternative carrier policy is only to Mar 31 so we can’t bring you back! I’m now talking with a supervisor who’s checking with the global team. Any advice appreciated…
Please let us know how you get on, I have both LHR-BKK-LHR flights in April cancelled and it sounds like there's no point in me calling at the moment.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Please let us know how you get on, I have both LHR-BKK-LHR flights in April cancelled and it sounds like there's no point in me calling at the moment.
Will do - I’ll keep an eye on the policy changes and will then report back here on the outcome. Hopefully I’ll get the supervisor again…
matthewuk likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:54 am
nmm

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Call in - you can definitely get Qatar, plenty of others reporting success for flights through until end March

Edit- is this a TA booking or a holiday with someone? quite weird you've got Thai in the mix
Booked direct with BA
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Thailand has cancelled its Test & Go quarantine waiver programme from Thursday.

If you haven't already got all your paperwork completed (and even though must be arriving before 10th January) it's a full 7 day quarantine again.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:36 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Thailand has cancelled its Test & Go quarantine waiver programme from Thursday.

If you haven't already got all your paperwork completed (and even though must be arriving before 10th January) it's a full 7 day quarantine again.
Where have you seen before 10th Jan? Heard this but could find no source.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailan...cron-concerns/
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:00 am
formerly JackDann

Thank you. I have seen this quote elsewhere, however the MFA website and all other official sources to not give the date of 10th January and simply say that aslong as you’re approved, you’re fine.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Does anyone know if it is possible to be rebooked on Finnair one way and Qatar the other?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:33 am
GBT

Just after some advice / opinions / suggestions please - although have a feeling I might know the outcome!
Long story short - flights to BKK booked in Oct ‘20 - 50% Avios sale + 241 for Jan ‘21, changed to Nov ‘21 then Jan ‘22.
Allowed me to transfer onto QR a few weeks ago (my husband and I for 15/1) and 3 sons for 28/1 - all returning together on 13/2.
So of course my problem is Thailands new restrictions…..my flights are to BKK to where I’m not allowed to enter - my only hope is to fly directly into Phuket ( to which I’m more than happy to spend 7 days in their Sandbox programme, as are my sons).
Qatar have a flight at virtually the same time from Doha to Phuket as my original Doha to BKK but of course I’m not allowed to change.
So my question is - any ideas how to keep this ticket alive and get to Phuket?
I would be happy to drop the 2nd leg DOH-BKK and buy a ticket DOH-HKT but think this will forfeit the rest of my flights?
The thought of having to take a refund and then paying more to fly Y on the same flights makes me want to cry (that and the thought of flying Y to Thailand!)
I am obviously going to wait until 4th January when Thailand is apparently reviewing its policy but unless QR cancel the flight to BkK which I doubt I can’t see any way around this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.