Bangkok 2022

Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:52 am

Just got canceled for Jan. Redemption ticket in J.

Will it be easy to get them to rebook me on a Qatar Airways flight, same class?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:05 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by bbdn
Just got canceled for Jan. Redemption ticket in J.

Will it be easy to get them to rebook me on a Qatar Airways flight, same class?
Shouldn't be an issue. I was booked F to SIN on BA and they re-routed me to BKK on QR after a cancellation. You're itinerary change is much more simple and should be offered. Have a look beforehand and give them the flights you want on the phone.
bbdn likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Just got my BKK half price avios flight cancelled on me. I'll call up and see if they'll agree to push this off to 2023....

Chris
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:00 am
formerly JackDann

Just a heads up for anyone looking at this route - I know that at least through January, the DOH-BKK leg on QR is operated by an A330, no Q-Suites for some reason atm.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Even though BA9 was not selling I naively thought our September booked J tickets for 16th January would be transferred to (fingers crossed) QR.
The email arrived today advising cancellation. We struggled to get through earlier today (Gold or any other line). I just got through to a very pleasant gentleman in India who told me the best I can have is a refund?

This cant be right?? Our just over 4K tickets for two are now nearly 6K where ever I look on One World even moving the dates a few days +/-.

As we can't get through to any BA call centre should I wait a day or so because I am watching QR prices go up almost by the hour?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JackDann
Just a heads up for anyone looking at this route - I know that at least through January, the DOH-BKK leg on QR is operated by an A330, no Q-Suites for some reason atm.
A number of their A350s grounded because of peeling paint? They're having a stand-off with Airbus about who's going to sort it. Think they're also leasing some Cathay 777s to cover the shortage.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch
Even though BA9 was not selling I naively thought our September booked J tickets for 16th January would be transferred to (fingers crossed) QR.
The email arrived today advising cancellation. We struggled to get through earlier today (Gold or any other line). I just got through to a very pleasant gentleman in India who told me the best I can have is a refund?

This cant be right?? Our just over 4K tickets for two are now nearly 6K where ever I look on One World even moving the dates a few days +/-.

As we can't get through to any BA call centre should I wait a day or so because I am watching QR prices go up almost by the hour?

Yes wait a couple of days BA will have a reroute policy in due course. It will most likely be on one world/JV but could be LX/LH.
Sparkyfletch likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Yes wait a couple of days BA will have a reroute policy in due course. It will most likely be on one world/JV but could be LX/LH.
They do already have one for QR and there is one for Finnair but hasn't been extended (yet). Call back and insist
bbdn likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Thanks John,

My 55 minutes of perseverance on The Gold line paid off.
The lovely lady has rebooked us on QR same dates in J with just a 1:30 midnight layover. Panic over!
KeaneJohn, sammyg901 and JD1905 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
So I’m on the phone to BA now. We were booked on Avios outbound Mar 23 and return Apr 5, both cancelled of course. The slightly unhelpful Gold line agent lady says we can get you out on Qatar but the alternative carrier policy is only to Mar 31 so we can’t bring you back! I’m now talking with a supervisor who’s checking with the global team. Any advice appreciated…
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
So I’m on the phone to BA now. We were booked on Avios outbound Mar 23 and return Apr 5, both cancelled of course. The slightly unhelpful Gold line agent lady says we can get you out on Qatar but the alternative carrier policy is only to Mar 31 so we can’t bring you back! I’m now talking with a supervisor who’s checking with the global team. Any advice appreciated…
I had a similar reponse yesterday. Whilst waiting for BA to answer, I had a look at seatspy and saw 2 J seats to BGI for mid Feb to mid March on a 777 with the new suites. Going onto BA, I expected them to be gone but they were still there. I booked them and when I got through to BA the lady did the refund for BKK and then swapped the 241 vouchers I had used to ensure the BGI flight was using the voucher with the earliest date.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by JackDann
Shouldn't be an issue. I was booked F to SIN on BA and they re-routed me to BKK on QR after a cancellation. You're itinerary change is much more simple and should be offered. Have a look beforehand and give them the flights you want on the phone.
I rang this morning and they rebooked me on QR with no issues.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
So Im on the phone to BA now. We were booked on Avios outbound Mar 23 and return Apr 5, both cancelled of course. The slightly unhelpful Gold line agent lady says we can get you out on Qatar but the alternative carrier policy is only to Mar 31 so we cant bring you back! Im now talking with a supervisor whos checking with the global team. Any advice appreciated
To expand on this, the rather unhelpful person I spoke with first didnt give her name when she picked up so I asked her for it as its always nice to be slightly less formal. She said she couldnt give her name until Id cleared data protection!

Once wed done that and she was clearly having a bad day, she said she couldnt book us onto Qatar unless there was Avios availability and it was a codeshare flight!

She then read the latest policy out to me which said we can get you there as the outbound is pre-March 31 but we cant get you back as the policy on booking onto other carriers only runs to March 31 and the return is April 5!

Not wanting to make her day any worse, I then spoke with her lovely supervisor who was much friendlier and more helpful. She confirmed the previous agent should have given her name and also that they could book us onto any commercial flight operated by Qatar but they couldnt book the return because of the latest policy on other carriers not currently including April.

I said ok, lets book the outbound so we can get the seats and book the return when the policy changes, presumably in January to accommodate the April return flight. Nope, cant do that as although the 2 Avios bookings were made separately, theyre linked by a 241 so the only option is to wait for the policy to change and book the outbound at the same time (and probably when they have no seats left on the outbound) or just cancel the trip.

Is this normal?

Any advice will be appreciated including what to quote to them about their policy, assuming theyre wrong of course. If they are correct and theyve cancelled the summer schedule, anyone with flights booked after March 31, whether outbound or return, wont be able to book onto another carrier?

Seems a bit bonkers but maybe its correct?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:13 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by Sparkyfletch

I rang this morning and changed MAN LHR BKK to MAN DOH BKK without any problem. I would try again
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:15 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Chris_G
Just got my BKK half price avios flight cancelled on me. I'll call up and see if they'll agree to push this off to 2023....

Chris
I was in the same situation LHR//BKK J SIN/LHR F. I was hoping to push this booking to December 22 but was told the original ticket date was September 21 so have to use by September 22. As I have no desire to travel this spring, nor in rainy/ monsoon season will probably lose the booking atv50% avios discount. Might try to argue that as there are no direct flights to Bangkok till November 22 and do not want to have to connect on QR they might allow a rebooking on first BA metal flight. Would have thought it would be cheaper for BA as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.