Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Finnair is selling ARN-BKK in Business dirt cheap, with this code DIREKT10you get an additional 10% off (on direct flights only. last flight is end of april)
and the price will be SEK9,064 i.e. £760 return
BA just cancelled direct flights to BKK until 10 January. We were due to fly just after Christmas and they moved us onto the Finnair flight via ARN. We had miles tickets in J and they made the adjustments without any fuss.
HarryKUK likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just landed in BKK earlier today via Finnair, and BA have been running LHR -> BKK flights per the Arrivals board
Checked Flightradar and sure enough, there's been flights for at last the last week (BA9 + BA10)
Anyone know what's going on? You can't book these flights online.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by sorross
Just landed in BKK earlier today via Finnair, and BA have been running LHR -> BKK flights per the Arrivals board
Checked Flightradar and sure enough, there's been flights for at last the last week (BA9 + BA10)
Anyone know what's going on? You can't book these flights online.
These are freighter only.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
They were listed on the baggage arrivals board in the terminal, with a corresponding belt number for collecting bags
Also they're flying a Dreamliner. Seems weird to not have any passengers on board
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
They were listed on the baggage arrivals board in the terminal, with a corresponding belt number for collecting bags
Also they're flying a Dreamliner. Seems weird to not have any passengers on board
Might be for crew bags or a belt just gets allocated automatically.
sorross likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Why weird? They are cargo only and those flights still have a minimum crew requirement, and said crew need their bags….. BA has not yet re-launched pax flights to and from Bangkok - not rocket science
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Why weird? They are cargo only and those flights still have a minimum crew requirement, and said crew need their bags….. BA has not yet re-launched pax flights to and from Bangkok - not rocket science
Now now, let’s be nice to each other…
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
I'm due out to BKK in April for 3 weeks using the half price Avios offer...flight has been rearranged already couple of times. Not sure I'll avail myself of this in the end...just waiting for BA to cancel (assuming they do) to ensure better options.

Finnair were offering J class returns for £1,300...so by the time you factor in Avios generated + tier points it comes in for well under the half price offer. May go out to Mexico instead later in the year. Iberia offer decent deals on reward flights in J to MEX.

Chris
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chris_G
I'm due out to BKK in April for 3 weeks using the half price Avios offer...flight has been rearranged already couple of times. Not sure I'll avail myself of this in the end...just waiting for BA to cancel (assuming they do) to ensure better options.

Finnair were offering J class returns for £1,300...so by the time you factor in Avios generated + tier points it comes in for well under the half price offer. May go out to Mexico instead later in the year. Iberia offer decent deals on reward flights in J to MEX.

Chris
Good point re Finnair Chris. We have a couple of weeks in Ko Samui via BKK using Avios and a 241 in late March (also rearranged a few times like you) but we’re reasonably hopeful that BA will be flying the route by then. I can’t help thinking Finnair might be a good idea though!
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by Chris_G

Chris
FinnAir were offering BKK from LHR for £1040 in J for April, last month. It did mean an overnight stopover in HEL and an A321 LHR-HEL rather than the A350 on the way out but I still booked it!
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjhcambs
FinnAir were offering BKK from LHR for £1040 in J for April, last month. It did mean an overnight stopover in HEL and an A321 LHR-HEL rather than the A350 on the way out but I still booked it!
Hmmm, thanks - you’re getting me thinking now!
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Looks like BA won’t be flying to BKK u til Sunday 30 October 2022.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Just be aware that the Finnair boarding process is one of the most painful you've ever seen. No pre-checking online of anything, all done at the gate.

Docs checked at LHR (They actually had the wrong info when I went in early November) and again at the gate in HEL. They now have private security at the boarding gate, due to the number of pax that were getting refused boarding due to incorrect docs and then kicking up at the bad organisation. Was typically departing between 1-2 hours late, so factor that into your connection on the way back.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Looks like BA won’t be flying to BKK u til Sunday 30 October 2022.
That looks like it has been closed out for the summer schedule, so hopefully things can still change - I for one am hoping that BA9/10 comes back soon as I need my four BA flights, as well as to use a GUF2 voucher - and that is pretty much the only way for me to do that..
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just received cancellations for BKK in April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.