Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fdem
I have read on various forums ( one mile at a time ) that last year QR changed their lounge access policy to include only those on a full fare ( highest fare bucket) would be given access and those in business on ‘light’ fares and non revenue tickets denied access to the main lounge. In London you wouldn’t have access to the newly reopened lounge but would have access to premium plaza. When did you fly.
We flew out in March of this year and returned in April.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:12 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by KARFA
you aren’t on a business lite fare, and I haven’t heard anything about reward flights not getting access. In fact I know someone who got access to Al safwa this week on a F reward booking so I think that’s not accurate.
thanks I know I can rely on flyertalkers!
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
I am struggling to understand what BA can/cannot do when rerouting.

I can see flights available on the Qatar website but they are not showing on ba.com

My flight numbers are BA codeshare. Should these flights be allowable for rebooking?

Last edited by wb1969; Aug 2, 2022 at 6:24 am
Old Aug 2, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wb1969
I am struggling to understand what BA can/cannot do when rerouting.

I can see flights available on the Qatar website but they are not showing on ba.com

My flight numbers are BA codeshare. Should these flights be allowable for rebooking?
when I rebooked I was not offered any flights available on BA.COM as they were not I class fares...only those showing on Qatar which actually suited me better
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
when I rebooked I was not offered any flights available on BA.COM as they were not I class fares...only those showing on Qatar which actually suited me better
I was just told codeshares on BA cannot be rebooked on to QR prime. Like everything I'm told by the call centres, I am skeptical and always seek a second opinion.

The flights I saw on QR were both in I class, but I don't know how relevant that would be.

Edit: incredibly helpful agent rang Qatar and openend up availability for me so I am finally rebooked back to LHR and allowed to make second change to booking free of charge. Result.

Last edited by wb1969; Aug 2, 2022 at 7:22 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I thought I'd see if BA have reintroduced direct BKK flights and searched in google. I was quite surprised that google results revealed "We operate non-stop flights from London Heathrow to Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport" on BA's website. But when I looked further and attempted a booking it revealed in fact they do not fly direct. I do wonder what reason they'd have for leaving this misinformation on the website? I'd be embarrassed if I did it.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:22 am

Do you think BA is likely to return to Bangkok for October 2023? Or has the route been canned indefinitely?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Voda_boy
Do you think BA is likely to return to Bangkok for October 2023? Or has the route been canned indefinitely?
One can only hope, but in reality we will not know anytime soon
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
One can only hope, but in reality we will not know anytime soon
Various contradictory rumours abound in BA from “never” to “next summer”. Truth be told only a handful of people know today’s answer and they aint telling anyone!
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GSTBD
Various contradictory rumours abound in BA from “never” to “next summer”. Truth be told only a handful of people know today’s answer and they aint telling anyone!
Exactly - I for one am hoping for the route to come back, living here and using it as my main route back to Europe. It makes it hard for me to maintain loyalty with BA if they do not come back to BKK
Old Jan 7, 2023, 11:31 pm
formerly JackDann

Looks like BA dodged a bullet with this route as Thailand have brought back in Vaccination requirements on 2 days notice. Completely understand why they’ve binned off this route - and also sympathise with people who will just choose other places to go now.
Tim Rowe likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by JD1905
Looks like BA dodged a bullet with this route as Thailand have brought back in Vaccination requirements on 2 days notice. Completely understand why they’ve binned off this route - and also sympathise with people who will just choose other places to go now.
I think the new Thailand requirements are quite sensible given the circumstances, and don't have a problem with this at all.

In fact I currently have confirmed bookings that take me to BKK 7 times this year, and I'm quite happy to proceed with them (at this stage).
SKT-DK, orbitmic, cbagent and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 12:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think the fact they keep changing every few weeks and they still feel the need to impose requirements puts me off tbh.
mikeyfly, JD1905, Rim1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 12:12 am

I think people are severely over-reacting to the news out of Thailand. There is no blanket ban on unvaccinated people as many made it sound.

According to the CAAT, everyone travelling to the country from Sunday must show proof of full vaccination or a letter certifying that they have recovered from Covid-19 infections no more than six months prior. Unvaccinated travellers must have proof of why they cannot receive a vaccine.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...lers-confirmed
Old Jan 8, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: avios
Originally Posted by JD1905
Agree, we used to do SE Asia 5/6 times a year pre-pandemic.
Was just looking at options for March/April to BKK and KUL, will now hold off even though we are fully vaxed, problem being what else they will throw into the mix at the last minute?
You cannot sensibly protect from covid and keep your tourist industry robust, even the Chinese dictatorship failed. All this will do is deter people from booking due to uncertainty.
CatchThePigeon and JD1905 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.