Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

October 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody

Just got an email cancelling my LGW-AMS sector and shunting me onto a similarly timed LHR service. Sure enough, looks like no LGW-AMS service one the 9th or the 12th at the very least. A pain as I'm visiting Kent - though I was flying into LHR anyway due to timings...

PS: guess someone can add this one to the COVID Dashboard.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I've just seen this on London Air travel, that BA are cancelling short haul at LGW until end of October, so it adds up: https://londonairtravel.com/2021/04/...-october-2021/
etiene likes this.

Last edited by alex67500; Apr 9, 2021 at 5:53 am
Old Apr 9, 2021, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by alex67500
I've just seen this on London Air travel, that BA are cancelling short haul at lge until end of October, so it adds up: https://londonairtravel.com/2021/04/...-october-2021/
Figured it was at least the canning of the [somewhat duplicative] LGW-AMS route for October, but didn't want to overstate my very narrow research.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:22 am

Even IF BA ever resume short haul from LGW, surely routes like AMS wouldn’t feature, or at least not for some time. Can’t see there being the need for LHR and LGW to AMS for a long while, unless to hold slots I guess.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Speedbirdsouth
Even IF BA ever resume short haul from LGW, surely routes like AMS wouldn’t feature, or at least not for some time. Can’t see there being the need for LHR and LGW to AMS for a long while, unless to hold slots I guess.
I think short routes such as AMS would be among the first to return. It’s much less likely that someone from the LGW catchment area would traipse all the way to Heathrow to catch a 40-min flight, they’d just suck it up and go on another carrier (possibly even Eurostar, rather than flying). The equation is different for a 4-hour Canaries flight. That’s certainly how I’d see it if I lived in Sussex or Croydon, for example.

A lot also depends on demand. If city breaks are popular, BA will want to tap into the market. Which means running some of these routes.
etiene and Speedbirdsouth like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
grrr. my FAO-LHR-INV has been changed due to axing all but one mid day LHR-INV flight remaining.

it is impossible to make the trip on the same day now so will have to figure something else out. between this, my NCL cx and others, i am somewhat baffled they are pushing to such early flights which i cant imagine allows for any or at least minimal connecting traffic.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can change the INV to anywhere within 300 miles. Would ABZ/GLA/EDI work instead?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
You can change the INV to anywhere within 300 miles. Would ABZ/GLA/EDI work instead?
yeah it will it is more just a timing thing since i was planning to take my parents to INV for a bit before driving down to ballater for a week, so will just have to swap beautiful INV for a few days in BORING ABZ
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:49 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I see the changes are starting to come in.
My BA208 MIA - LHR early October just got dumped from a A380 - hardly a shocker - to a A350. So also copped a downgrade from First to CW.
Hey ho - it is what it is.

Edited to add - just off the phone with You First - happy to let me move onto the AA operated BA1529 in AA First Class which suits me better, despite a few claims here that this kind of change is not allowed.

Last edited by Jet Ranger; Jul 19, 2021 at 9:14 am Reason: Add additional info
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
BA 269 LHR - LAX for late October AC change, of course expected from A380, to 777. Alas, still the crappy CW seats, hopefully will be changed closer to.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
I see the changes are starting to come in.
My BA208 MIA - LHR early October just got dumped from a A380 - hardly a shocker - to a A350. So also copped a downgrade from First to CW.
Hey ho - it is what it is.
I'm booked in CW to MIA in October, so was quite happy with the switch to Club Suite. Let's hope that sticks.
twincheeks likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 4:15 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I'm booked in CW to MIA in October, so was quite happy with the switch to Club Suite. Let's hope that sticks.
For the switch from old CW to CS due to equipment swap, it’s definitely a win. Downgrade less so IMO, depending on your fare, and subsequent refund.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
My booking isn't cancelled yet but, not surprisingly, the LHR-SYD direct flight which recommenced 31 October 2021 has been removed from sale and is now only available at the start of the summer 2022 schedule, commencing late March.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by gcuk
My booking isn't cancelled yet but, not surprisingly, the LHR-SYD direct flight which recommenced 31 October 2021 has been removed from sale and is now only available at the start of the summer 2022 schedule, commencing late March.
I’ve noticed this too….! Good luck to BA trying to rebook you on an alternative service to Australia…
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Not sure if there's a system fault, or a cancellation in process, but:

Booked an open jaw of LHR-SFO-LAX, BOS-ORD-ORD in late Oct, early Nov.

The first part has now vanished from my booking. The second part is still showing.
First flight was BA285. That's now BA281 if I look at booking a flight.

(Booked as a holiday. Only put a deposit down as wasn't 100% sure if I wanted to commit the funds at the time to something that may or may not have gone ahead).

Last edited by xenole; Aug 1, 2021 at 11:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.