FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   So where are people off to from early summer? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2037368-so-where-people-off-early-summer.html)

Brisbane Road Apr 6, 2021 8:55 am

So where are people off to from early summer?

Please let me know if I have missed a thread on this but I couldn't find one that wasn't purely related to rebookings/Covid related help.

I'm curious as to who has booked what and what are people's thinking around traveling for the summer and beyond. Of course, there's much to be decided, much unknown but flight prices are attractive and I'm certainly considering making a plunge, perhaps to the US.

Any insights welcome, and please do share your planned trips.

ISTFlyer Apr 6, 2021 9:07 am

Assuming that you're UK based and hold an UK citizenship, I wouldn't consider the USA if I were you as other than a speculation by some news agencies, they haven't made any announcement that they would revoke the Presidential Proclamation not allowing people who has been into the UK within the last 14 days.

If you would like to be on the safe side, book something to a country that has clearly indicated that they would open their borders to the UK or which their borders are currently open. Otherwise, you might end up with a FTV with BA and vouchers with other costs such as cars, hotels, etc... if you decide to pay at this time.

Hydebear Apr 6, 2021 9:14 am

Mid June to Mid July - Palm Springs
Mid July to End July - Palm Springs (in case June doesn't happen)
Mid July - Gran Canaria (in case the US is still unavailable)
Mid September to Mid October - Palm Springs
Mid December to Mid January - Palm Springs

At least two of these won't happen and three of these are previously booked trips rolled forward....

I have no insight - just very keen to get to my condo, even in the sweltering heat of the desert summer!

T8191 Apr 6, 2021 10:16 am

July ... hopefully Antigua. Booked last September, BA Holidays Flight+Hotel deposit only, so minimal financial risk.

Not building hopes (or paying) for anything more until UK (and others) clarify the next steps. Certainly thinking about Malta, Dominican Republic and South Africa... and possibly USA (AZ or VA). But any decisions are out of our hands for now. At least we have both had our double-dose of Pfizer vaccine as a starter!

Muckus Apr 6, 2021 10:29 am

I am US-based and have plans to spend June in the UK. Fully vaccinated. Fingers crossed!

lhrsfo Apr 6, 2021 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Muckus (Post 33156844)
I am US-based and have plans to spend June in the UK. Fully vaccinated. Fingers crossed!

All very well for some. I would love to see some reciprocity!;)

Ancient Observer Apr 6, 2021 10:39 am

We have a backlog of holidays, but we are not booking anything until there is more clarity. Would love to get back to so many places................

SavvyTravel Apr 6, 2021 10:42 am

Cornwall.

I for one have totally given up on the idea that the UK Government can organise anything remotely sensible so don't want the hassle and worry of a changing regime as the weeks unfold. I still have trips to Vegas and Antigua that will, surely, die.

chipster Apr 6, 2021 10:51 am

Egypt twice, and Turkey. Here’s hoping

PGberkshire Apr 6, 2021 11:02 am

Rest of the year (hopefully)

June/July - TBC based on UK govt news....most likely Malta.

Sept
Split
Athens and Milos
Pula

Oct
Warsaw (FT do)

Nov
Stockholm, HK, Taipei, Macau (all in one trip)

Dec
Prague
Warsaw and Krakow

leemair23 Apr 6, 2021 11:05 am

Dominican Republic and USA leaving the last Sunday in June. Only concern is transiting through an EU country on outbound to Dominican but returning to London directly from Los Angeles. I’d hope to dodge the red list from the EU by spending more than 10 days in the states. I’m still hopeful it will go ahead!

Geordie405 Apr 6, 2021 11:08 am

We're off to Miami for a week in September. Hyatt had a stay two nights, get the third free promotion so we're staying for 6 nights but only paying for 4. I also signed up recently for an AA Aviator Mastercard so we're using 40,000 out of the 50,000 sign-up bonus miles to fly back on the 77W via LAX, and paying cash for the outbound (also via LAX but on the 772 operated service). Should be a nice holiday!

As Muckus says we're also US-based so we're hoping to make it back to the UK at some point, either over the Thanksgiving holiday or for Christmas. However, it very much continues to depend on the UK's stance on self-isolation, testing and quarantine passports. If we can test to release after 5 days then we might consider a trip but it really depends on the test providers / labs / Royal Mail getting their act together and being able to deliver / receive / process tests in a timely manner. There's no point in us coming over for a fortnight and then having to self-isolate for 10 days because of delays in testing.

I'd also be against coming over if Boris implements quarantine passports as a requirement of going out for a meal or a pint. It would be a total waste of time and money to come to the UK and find that we can't go out for a meal with friends because my CVS / Walgreens vaccination record isn't accepted in the UK.

Other than that, we're off to Hanford / Fresno at the beginning of May and San Antonio at the end of May! We also have plans to visit Anchorage and Barrow in July (but that is looking somewhat doubtful).

Hawes7701 Apr 6, 2021 11:08 am

August - Florida.

November - south east Asia

fully accept neither may happen but I had a voucher to use and as I booked as BAH my worst case is I get my voucher back. Best case, family goes on holiday at favourable rates.

Merlin5 Apr 6, 2021 11:15 am

I have the following booked and like many these are trips that have been moved from previous dates. I hope to get away on 50% of them as I'm getting fed up moving things around. All credit to BA and Hilton (most of my bookings) I've lost not a single penny since this all started and only one minor issue with AA before they agreed to refund me for some internal flights.

My hopeful 2021......
May - Las Vegas (Outbound via LAX to retain First, its the19th May so this one is long shot and will probably be the end of my half price Avios redemption)
June - Madeira (last weekend in June)
July - Tenerife
August - Los Angeles & Mexico Pacific Coast
September - Nice
October - Boston & Las Vegas
November - Seychelles (on that great Qatar deal)
December - Just pondering what to do for this month

PJSMITH0 Apr 6, 2021 11:33 am

Being the eternal optimist

Cancun late May
Lanzarote July
Barbados September
Phuket November (Hopefully Doha off red list as flying BA codeshare on Qatar

both myself and wife are vaccinated so with sensible precautions we are quite happy to travel