FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   One more class ticked off my (revenue) bucket list.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2037070-one-more-class-ticked-off-my-revenue-bucket-list.html)

ratechaser Apr 1, 2021 3:16 pm

One more class ticked off my (revenue) bucket list....

So today I self funded my first ever segment in Club Europe. Something that I thought I would never do using my own money, and doubly so on a return segment into the UK with no decent lounge to avail myself of.

To be fair though it was an I bucket, and the equivalent ET fare was booking into B, and about £70 more expensive. At least it's a band 4, so I should get a reasonable meal, even if I'm giving up the exit row legroom.

So that's every revenue class BA offers booked for me, with the exception of F. May be a while longer before I get around to that one :cool:

golfmad Apr 1, 2021 3:24 pm

I can just about understand making lists of aircraft registration numbers on which you've flown (although I don't) but this proves the never-ending geekiness of FT :D
You really ought to book yourself something in F. Go on, you know you want to...

Will100 Apr 1, 2021 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 33144666)
I can just about understand making lists of aircraft registration numbers on which you've flown (although I don't) but this proves the never-ending geekiness of FT :D
You really ought to book yourself something in F. Go on, you know you want to...

F and not A too 😎

so3003 Apr 2, 2021 1:17 am

Hope you enjoy your trip!

😎

ratechaser Apr 2, 2021 3:08 am

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 33144666)

Ah, well I was actually talking about all the physical classes I've booked as opposed to the individual revenue buckets (that was just an attempt at a clever thread title)... but now you've got me thinking - I've never actually written them down but I have always paid attention to what I've booked because naturally it impacts cost. Some buckets will have been paid for through work and so therefore I might have taken advantage of higher ones on occasion for the higher earning (where nothing else was available, naturally). So this is what I think I've been through with BA:

First - not yet
Business - J, D, C, R, I
Premium Economy - E, T
Economy - Y, B, H, K, L, M, N, V, Q, O, G

So still F, A, W to go - and i can't recall any previous flight that booked into S. I'm positive I've had a G at some point just because it looked unusual at the time.

No doubt some of you will have the full set plus other letters that have been discontinued years or decades ago (what did Concorde use?) so if we are getting geeky here... anyone want to show their hand?

EDIT: what did the babybus book into when it earned First TPs? As I'm now wondering if I may have got F or A by default...?

JAXBA Apr 2, 2021 3:52 am

Concorde was R class Club World London City used normal Club World booking classes, it was just the flight number that earned extra.

I haven't kept track of my booking class buckets, but they wouldn't spread far, mostly having been staff travel or rewards, but for cabins I've got:

Concorde
First
Club World (Cradle, NCW, NGCW, London City)
Club Europe
World Traveller Plus
World Traveller
Euro Traveller and UK Domestic
Traveller (Comair)
BA Express (CityFlyer Express, Brymon)

Haven't yet flown Comair Club, Sun-Air, or the current BA Citiflyer.

TheFlyingDoctor Apr 2, 2021 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser (Post 33145652)
Ah, well I was actually talking about all the physical classes I've booked as opposed to the individual revenue buckets (that was just an attempt at a clever thread title)... but now you've got me thinking - I've never actually written them down but I have always paid attention to what I've booked because naturally it impacts cost. Some buckets will have been paid for through work and so therefore I might have taken advantage of higher ones on occasion for the higher earning (where nothing else was available, naturally). So this is what I think I've been through with BA:

First - not yet
Business - J, D, C, R, I
Premium Economy - E, T
Economy - Y, B, H, K, L, M, N, V, Q, O, G

So still F, A, W to go - and i can't recall any previous flight that booked into S. I'm positive I've had a G at some point just because it looked unusual at the time.

G class is group bookings (more than nine passengers, so can't quote through normal mechanisms; a tour operator might book you into this even if your own party is smaller), staff 'hotlines', and (I think) some BA Holidays fares.

S class does exist, but is not part of the hierarchy on short haul, so will only come up if there's a longhaul leg involved in the booking, and even then only under certain conditions (so getting an S class shorthaul leg is a more elusive prize than a longhaul one).

Once you complete the basic set, you can start chasing all the dual inventory fares - and now triple inventory too, on shorthaul.

1Aturnleft Apr 2, 2021 6:45 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDoctor (Post 33145829)
G class is group bookings (more than nine passengers, so can't quote through normal mechanisms; a tour operator might book you into this even if your own party is smaller), staff 'hotlines', and (I think) some BA Holidays fares.

S class does exist, but is not part of the hierarchy on short haul, so will only come up if there's a longhaul leg involved in the booking, and even then only under certain conditions (so getting an S class shorthaul leg is a more elusive prize than a longhaul one).

Once you complete the basic set, you can start chasing all the dual inventory fares - and now triple inventory too, on shorthaul.

I remember the days when S used to be the full Economy bucket in the days before Y

manord Apr 2, 2021 8:07 am

Same for me - CE was the cabin I saw myself never paying for but eventually did, completing my set of available cabins: UK, ET, WT, WTP, CW, First, CE.

One set that sticks in my mind now the 747 has been retired: I sat in every cabin of the 747 - WT, WTP-normal, WT-in-front-of-CW, CW-LD, CW-UD - except for F.

Another odd partial set for me is the BA's London airports - I have arrived and departed from LHR, LGW, but have only ever departed from LCY (although I have arrived on other airlines).

RGS5526 Apr 2, 2021 10:29 am

Originally posted by MANORD:

One set that sticks in my mind now the 747 has been retired: I sat in every cabin of the 747 - WT, WTP-normal, WT-in-front-of-CW, CW-LD, CW-UD - except for F.
One possibly missing in that set is WTUD, available for a time in the early 1990s, with converter seats.

LCY8737 Apr 2, 2021 12:05 pm

I'm missing W.

I actually kind of like the full fare bucket trips I've had. Usually something had gone horribly wrong and each of those are an interesting story. Thankfully no stories of true un-recoverable evil.

KARFA Apr 3, 2021 2:33 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDoctor (Post 33145829)

G is also offered for BA domestic and short haul daytrips - they added some cheap day trip economy return fares which book in to G class a few years ago. I have had G class several times this way.

Concerto Apr 3, 2021 9:50 am

Interesting thread. I actually did list all of the classes I have flown in (I think that the right term might be booking subclasses) but they're different across all the airlines. I've managed most of them, except the most expensive business and first subclasses. I was surprised at the number of times I ended up in full Y or the class just underneath.