Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Club Member Disappeared

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DELTA GOLD, HILTON GOLD, PRIORITY GOLD
Executive Club Member Disappeared

I have not touched my Executive Club for more than one year because of Covid. Today, alaska joined one world so that I tried to check my Executive Club avios balance, but the website shows my account is not existing (by email, by member number).
Has anyone have this issue before? I have a lot of points there transferred from my credit card and have not get a chance to use it because of Covid.
I called BA reservation and they said they cannot find this account either and let me connect to Executive Club. Executive Club let me write an email to them.
That's really frustrating.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Avios expire after 3 years of account inactivity but that also does not delete the account. If you have regular Acios credits due to credit card spend then any Avios on the account would be protected anyway.

May I suggest you double-check the Email address or membership number and password. You may find your PC is pre-filling the username field with something it remembered from before, so check that too.

Have you received Emails from BA from the Executive Club? Check any information there as sometimes they tell you your Avios balance and it might help double check your number or the Email address used.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 5:16 pm

Could be related to the below, in which case your account may have just been disabled as you log in using an email address rather than a username. If that's the case, you'll get it unlocked easily enough once they read your email.

SITA [airline IT provider] data breach, some BAEC data compromised
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zlfpeak
Has anyone have this issue before? I have a lot of points there transferred from my credit card and have not get a chance to use it because of Covid.
Was your BAEC account created by a credit card offer by any chance? I only ask as my missus had a similar issue with her Lanpass account which was created by an Argentine bank credit card offer.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The thread title has great clickbait energy. Together with today's date, I was settling in for a right rollicking read!!!
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:31 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Unlike others, I live far too exciting a life to be rollicked by such. I realised the date and moved on.
EDIwanderer and bisonrav like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Last week I wrote email to the call center @ba.com, but have not get any feedback yet.
I called them again and was told that my account was forfeited because there is no transaction in three years. But I definitely did use my account to redeem a ticket for my friend in 10/2019. The agent said he could do nothing and asked my to email BA on ba.com. Has anyone get experience about emailing?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 11:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zlfpeak
Last week I wrote email to the call center @ba.com, but have not get any feedback yet.
I called them again and was told that my account was forfeited because there is no transaction in three years. But I definitely did use my account to redeem a ticket for my friend in 10/2019. The agent said he could do nothing and asked my to email BA on ba.com. Has anyone get experience about emailing?
I presume your account is still live but you have lost your avios now? Have you got he e-ticket email for your booking?

EDIT: apologies I should have read the rest of the thread first. Losing avios due to lack of activity is normal, having your account deleted definitely isn’t normal and shouldn’t happen even when you are deemed to not have any activity in 3 years. There is something very odd going on here and I don’t remember seeing a similar situation being posted before.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 10, 2021 at 12:33 am
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I presume your account is still live but you have lost your avios now? Have you got he e-ticket email for your booking?

EDIT: apologies I should have read the rest of the thread first. Losing avios due to lack of activity is normal, having your account deleted definitely isn’t normal and shouldn’t happen even when you are deemed to not have any activity in 3 years. There is something very odd going on here and I don’t remember seeing a similar situation being posted before.
It is not alive (the account was closed/forfeited) and of course all avios are lost. The executive center agent said that an account was closed if you have not logged in for a long time, it is different from avios expiration. Therefore, it is definitely something wrong here.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
This is very strange. I thought BA wrote to you about a year ahead to warn you that your Avios were going to expire to give you a chance to stop them expiring. If your account has been deleted (again very odd) in the last year then you should have received an email any time from mid 2019 onwards. I would write to BA requesting copy of that email.

Also if you redeemed Avios in 10/2019 from your account then you must have a booking reference and details of the flight(s) plus an email confirming the Avios redemption. Send those to BA.

Last edited by AJA_; Apr 11, 2021 at 2:28 am
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I looked through a BAEC email to a HHA member and noticed this ''Following the expiry of your Avios, if there continues to be no activity for the next 6 months, your Executive Club account will be closed.''
KARFA, gcuk, adrianlondon and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I looked through a BAEC email to a HHA member and noticed this ''Following the expiry of your Avios, if there continues to be no activity for the next 6 months, your Executive Club account will be closed.''
I never knew that. The terms and conditions of the Exec Club say the same, your account is terminated if you don't have activity within 36 months.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions

3.12. Membership will terminate automatically:

3.12.1. In the event of the expiry of all Avios points in accordance with clause 14.4, when a Member has not earned or redeemed Avios points or purchased or transferred Avios points in accordance with the Conditions of Use for 36 consecutive months; or
So it appears the only avenue open to the OP is to show there was activity based on the reward booking in 2019.
HIDDY, AJA_ and stevebintley like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.