Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Claim Missing Avios w/out Ticket #

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Claim Missing Avios w/out Ticket #

Does anyone know how to do the above by any chance? Flew on the 20th and Avios + TPs yet to be credited and I know you can claim after 3 days. Usually my BA flights have logged within 1-2 working days. Can't find the ticket number for the life of me!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
If you know the PNR you can search through your mailbox, or maybe try one of the other oneworld airline websites?
Cathay1101, KARFA and Anonba like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex67500
If you know the PNR you can search through your mailbox, or maybe try one of the other oneworld airline websites?
Thank you! AY did the trick.

...And then the BA system rejected the number, even though it begins 125- and appears correct. Humph.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Cathay1101
Thank you! AY did the trick.

...And then the BA system rejected the number, even though it begins 125- and appears correct. Humph.
Or AY has the incorrect number?

You should be able to find this in your e-ticket confirmations by searching the approximate date of purchase in your inbox. Or look the purchase up date on your credit card account.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
AY did the trick.

Was the booking ever changed? If there may have been a ticket re-issue, try asking the AY website to email you the e-ticket receipt. You may get a receipt for every ticket associated with the booking, from which you can try to work out which one you actually flew on.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Was the booking ever changed? If there may have been a ticket re-issue, try asking the AY website to email you the e-ticket receipt. You may get a receipt for every ticket associated with the booking, from which you can try to work out which one you actually flew on.
Yes was changed multiple times - I thought this might have been the case. I'll see how I get on. Thank you all!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Would calling BA just be the easier solution, either to get the last ticket number or just to file the missing points claim?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Would calling BA just be the easier solution, either to get the last ticket number or just to file the missing points claim?
That's what I think I'll do now. I've now tried another ticket number found on the receipt for the upgrade we bought at check-in and that didn't work either, so I'll have to face the (hold) music, I think!
Old Mar 27, 2021, 5:53 am

That's what I think I'll do now. I've now tried another ticket number found on the receipt for the upgrade we bought at check-in and that didn't work either, so I'll have to face the (hold) music, I think!
An AUP is treated as an ancillary (like baggage) so is issued on an EMD-A document, not as a ticket - confusingly though, they have the same type of number so you wouldn’t necessarily know unless you looked at the receipt. Anyway, EMDs don’t earn any Avios, which is why it was rejected when you entered it - you would have travelled on the underlying original ticket. Conversely, an upgrade purchased in advance of travel is processed as a reissue of your original ticket. If you kept your boarding pass, however, this would have the correct ticket number printed on it and this is the easiest way to claim.

(This is actually one area where BA’s IT is much more advanced than many airlines, where AUPs don’t earn points because the system only picks up the underlying ticket not the EMDA, but BA has built a process to look at both together for their own flights.)

Call centre waits are short at the moment though so you shouldn’t have to wait long.
Cathay1101 and alex67500 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.