Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B777 Variant

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:50 am
Original Poster

B777 Variant

Is there any way of determining which B777 variant (e.g. 77M) we are currently due to fly on for a booking in July?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Definitas
Is there any way of determining which B777 variant (e.g. 77M) we are currently due to fly on for a booking in July?
A fairly rudimentary way to do it, but I'm not aware of another, is to look at the seat map for the flight you're on (select/change/purchase a seat) and then match this to the variants listed on this website in the Wiki or use a site such as The BA Source. ExpertFlyer is also very handy for seat maps, do you have a subscription?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:02 am

Seating guide: Boeing 777

Here's the link in question. Should be fairly easy for you to figure out for yourself which variant you're booked on by the seat map in MMB.
efincomputer and mikeyfly like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:55 am

Just be mindful of aircraft changes which seem to be legion these days judging on my OH's roster. Half her trips in March and Feb moved from 787-10 to 787-9 and from 77E to 77W and viceversa, plus config changes between 77Es.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Seating guide: Boeing 777

Here's the link in question. Should be fairly easy for you to figure out for yourself which variant you're booked on by the seat map in MMB.
As 1Aturnleft has noted, if you go into MMB and into the seat selection, you should see the info as shown below

In this case, 77W equates to the 777-300ER which has been refitted with the new Club Suites (which on the link 1Aturnleft provided, would match the layout of the 77H, so i'm not sure if they are actually the same variant).
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC
An unfortunate title, I thought this was new Covid variant Glad it’s not.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Frankly, an indication of what plane you might fly on in July should be taken with several pinches of salt, it only being late March at present.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who replied. Of course I realise that there could be an Aircraft change in the next 4 months and I could do a dummy booking to see what the current configuration is. We are booked in F and it is a 777 with 8 seats so, a 200ER or a 300ER with the new first seat. I was just curious if it was possible to see which it is.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Definitas
Thanks to everyone who replied. Of course I realise that there could be an Aircraft change in the next 4 months and I could do a dummy booking to see what the current configuration is. We are booked in F and it is a 777 with 8 seats so, a 200ER or a 300ER with the new first seat. I was just curious if it was possible to see which it is.
You could do a dummy booking for your flights in club world. When you get to the part about selecting seats, if the front club world cabin has 3 rows of seats, rows 5-7, it’s a 777-300, and if it has rows 5-7 plus a lone 8K in the front club world cabin it’s a 777-200 model.
SxMan and Definitas like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 5:04 am

Ah when i saw this title i thought the weekly new covid variant had moved to aircraft names....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.