Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways First at home meal kits from Do&Co/Feast box

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways First at home meal kits from Do&Co/Feast box

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
My box arrived this morning - im not clear how to use the voucher if I need to call BA to use a 'Holiday FTV' - assuming it would still apply? Any insights?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:06 am

I held off ordering the BA first box (glad i did looking at some of the messages).
Instead went for the BA Amex sponsored gastronomous (https://www.gastronomous.co.uk/my-country/)
"Embark on a journey across southwest France, led by Pascal Aussignac of London’s much-loved Club Gascon. The Michelin-starred, contemporary restaurant pays homage to the traditional Gascony region of southwest France. With all the preparation done for you by Pascal and his team, this very special menu encompasses delicacies from Bordeaux to the North, Cahors to the East, Landes Forest to the West and Toulouse to the South."

Costs less than the BA first box, and its pretty much all cooked and ready to go (some heating/plating required).... aFirst course | Bordeaux - Foie Gras and caviar
Second course | Landes Forest - Roasted white asparagus, Atlantic cod, craster sauce and oyster sorbet
Third course | Cahors, Perigord - Macaroons duo. Truffled cow cheese and walnut. Roquefort with white chocolate
Fourth course | French Pays Basque ‘Red hot chilli berry’ raspberry tart
Fifth course | Toulouse - Adichatz (Chocolate truffle)

Last edited by babyg_wc; Apr 9, 2021 at 10:02 am
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looks like my bait boxes when I go fishing!!

Oh it's French...that explains it.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Deckard
We received our replacement box today (sans bubbles obvs). Nothing was missing but again DPD had done a number on the box and the cream was spilt all over the inside (like last time). In the same delivery was a BAPP "French journey" box which also seems to have been treated like a set of maracas.
My DPD driver must be having an off day, as my BAPP French Journey seems to have arrived fully intact.
chrism20, Deckard and ENTP like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Chris9642
My box arrived this morning - im not clear how to use the voucher if I need to call BA to use a 'Holiday FTV' - assuming it would still apply? Any insights?

See post 100 for the full terms and conditions.
Particularly section 5 - voucher is not applicable to BA Holiday bookings and section 7 - voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or voucher.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
As crew... I have found this quite amusing.

I know it is novel to get this at home, but it is just "standard" to crew when at work, and we see it so much that it is just the norm.

Have enjoyed looking at the pictures of the plating that has taken place, very nice...

I wish I had time to take pictures of my stuff at work...
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
My replacement box arrived this morning. In better shape but still upside down! Not thoroughly checked all the contents but am more confident this time around.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by billinghamn
My replacement box arrived this morning. In better shape but still upside down! Not thoroughly checked all the contents but am more confident this time around.
Did you get an advance notification of its arrival? With missing items in the first box we were variously promised a £10 refund (received), a free bottle of wine in the second box from them (not received) and an entire replacement BA box (not received, and no word on it yet).
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by volar
Did you get an advance notification of its arrival? With missing items in the first box we were variously promised a £10 refund (received), a free bottle of wine in the second box from them (not received) and an entire replacement BA box (not received, and no word on it yet).
I'm in a similar boat - I had an issue with my second box so emailed them about that, at the same time asking about the replacement BA box and bottle of wine (and the £10 refund that never materialised). Got a reply saying they have issued the £10 refund and ignored the rest!
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

As a comparison, this is how the Six by Nico meals are packaged. Everything tightly packed, so it doesn't matter if it's upside down.

We had it last night. It was fantastic, and only £65

Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
My sister who is in UK ordered one of these. She said all arrived fine minus the UK sparkling wine. She really enjoyed the meal - she had the beef version - good quality and very tasty she said.
She sent me a picture in her BA First PJs - she is really missing flying!! She has not flown since end Feb 2020.
I told her to chase up on getting the sparkling wine following the positive feedback on FT.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
because of some dental work i had to cancel my initial order and just received the box. everything arrived right-side-up, well packed and included everything--even a bottle of sparkling! i was not expecting that given it was no longer on offer for the date i ordered, so it was a nice surprise.

everything was well-packed and sealed. everything looks very fresh and im excited for dinner tonight! also, after unpacking everything, this box is nothing to laugh at for 100GBP. loads of food, wine, another free box forthcoming, and the 10% which i will use on a 2400GBP airfare in F that i was holding off to purchase until this arrived, makes this a no-brainer!
revorgap likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 9:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
As a comparison, this is how the Six by Nico meals are packaged. Everything tightly packed, so it doesn't matter if it's upside down.

We had it last night. It was fantastic, and only £65
Thanks - just order for a couple of weeks - look delicious!

aks120
Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:21 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
My replacement box arrived today, they seem to have solved the initial teething problems. I even got one of every recipe card, I suppose that's one way to make sure you don't pack the wrong one!

Very happy with this box 👍
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stuart_f
My replacement box arrived today, they seem to have solved the initial teething problems. I even got one of every recipe card, I suppose that's one way to make sure you don't pack the wrong one!

Very happy with this box 👍

haha same. i was worried i would have a load of wrong things in the box but was quickly assuaged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.