BA First cabin and seating guide

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 29, 22, 9:52 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Pilot37
Wiki Link
Fleet line-up and aircraft operational status

Airbus A380-800
Active (14F/Prime A380): G-XLEA G-XLEB G-XLEC G-XLED G-XLEE G-XLEF G-XLEG G-XLEH G-XLEJ G-XLEK G-XLEL
Stored (14F/Prime A380): G-XLEI

Boeing 777-200ER
Active:
77M (8F/Prime 2010): G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS
77R (14F/Prime 2010):G-VIIY G-VIIV G-VIIW

Boeing 777-300ER
Active:
77G (14F/Prime 2010): G-STBA G-STBB G-STBC G-STBE G-STBF G-STBI G-STBJ G-STBL
77H (8F/Prime 2020): G-STBD G-STBG G-STBH G-STBK G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP

Boeing 787
Active:
789 (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBKA G-ZBKB G-ZBKC G-ZBKD G-ZBKE G-ZBKF G-ZBKG G-ZBKH G-ZBKI G-ZBKJ G-ZBKK G-ZBKL G-ZBKM G-ZBKN G-ZBKO G-ZBKP G-ZBKR G-ZBKS
78K (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBLA G-ZBLB G-ZBLF

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 25, 22, 12:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by kileysmom View Post
Decisions! I hate them! Right now I have the choice of a 777 F from ATL or A350J from AUS for a trip in early November. The seat map seems to be old 777F and, of course, the 350 is the new suite in Club. Will have about a 4 hour layover at LHR if you think that makes much difference (I do love the CCR) and need to try to get a few hours sleep on the transatlantic. Thanks!! KM
The First seat is a far more comfortable and spacious seat. The service in First is significantly better than that offered in Club. Its a no brainier for me.
Old Apr 25, 22, 12:54 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Given the reduction of F seats on BA across the Network, is there any "reasonably" simple way of finding what destinations have Avios F availability without having to do a search on each destination seperately (I am aware you can do full year Avios searches on 3 destinations at a time)

ie I just want to fly F to anywhere at anytime with my Avios - show me where I can go and on what dates there is currently availability
Old Apr 25, 22, 1:01 am

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Thanks, Tobias UK, I rather figured that is the case but haven't flown Club for about 15 years (lucky to have done F a few times a year until the 2020 "you ain't flyin' anywhere edicts) and didn't know if that new Club suite is worth giving up 'old' F. I'll do the ATL 777. Taking a friend with who has never flown a TATL and figure F will be a lot more fun!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 25, 22, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground View Post
Given the reduction of F seats on BA across the Network, is there any "reasonably" simple way of finding what destinations have Avios F availability without having to do a search on each destination seperately (I am aware you can do full year Avios searches on 3 destinations at a time)

ie I just want to fly F to anywhere at anytime with my Avios - show me where I can go and on what dates there is currently availability
I use the BA app. Select Reward flights from the menu. Select Reward flight Finder. Enter your start point in From box. In the To box, select the region tab at the top of the menu. Then you just need to check each region. Asia, Australia etc. Select a region and on the next form , select Anytime for dates, number of passengers and the First selection.
Old May 14, 22, 3:57 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson Rewards Platinum, Expedia Gold, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Note refurbished 772 aircraft have Club Suite in J but the old F seat.
I just finished a round trip between BAH and LHR. Apparently it was a 77M type. For the outbound I was in a Club Suite. I was looking forward to the return in F, assuming it would also be the newest type of seat. I was surprised to find it was a Prime 2010 type of seat, albeit a refurbished one. Interesting that they updated to the latest type of J seat but a not so updated F seat. I wonder why that is.
Old May 14, 22, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by arabiamark View Post
I just finished a round trip between BAH and LHR. Apparently it was a 77M type. For the outbound I was in a Club Suite. I was looking forward to the return in F, assuming it would also be the newest type of seat. I was surprised to find it was a Prime 2010 type of seat, albeit a refurbished one. Interesting that they updated to the latest type of J seat but a not so updated F seat. I wonder why that is.
The 772 fleet is getting pretty long in the tooth; the oldest is coming up for 26 years old and the youngest (4-class) is coming up for 23 years old. Club World is where BA makes their money, and so they need to stay competitive by installing Club Suite even if the aircraft only have a few more years left in them.
Old Jun 12, 22, 3:58 am
formerly JackDann

Just made an Avios booking in CE for this evening and were sat at opposite ends of the cabin - never had that happen before and didnt know itd do that.
Old Jul 7, 22, 1:42 am

Im booked on BA 173 in F on 26 Nov. Seat map is showing 8F seats. How to I know if its a 77H or 77M? All seats are open, any recommendations for 2 people? Thinking 1a & 2a
Old Jul 7, 22, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Im booked on BA 173 in F on 26 Nov. Seat map is showing 8F seats. How to I know if its a 77H or 77M? All seats are open, any recommendations for 2 people? Thinking 1a & 2a
The 77H configuration shows as 77W in MMB. The other configurations show as 777.
Old Jul 7, 22, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
I’m booked on BA 173 in F on 26 Nov. Seat map is showing 8F seats. How to I know if it’s a 77H or 77M? All seats are open, any recommendations for 2 people? Thinking 1a & 2a
Personal preference is 1a / 2a or 1k / 2k so we both get a window seat, I'm not a fan of the middle seats unless it's an overnight sleeper.
Old Jul 7, 22, 10:52 am
gw3

I'm looking at booking F later in the year. I'm logged in as BA Gold and when doing dummy bookings I can't select 1A/K on any flight. Have tried 789, 777 and A380 flights. EF shows them as blocked not taken. Am I likely to be able to select them once I have completed the booking?
Old Jul 7, 22, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by gw3 View Post
I'm looking at booking F later in the year. I'm logged in as BA Gold and when doing dummy bookings I can't select 1A/K on any flight. Have tried 789, 777 and A380 flights. EF shows them as blocked not taken. Am I likely to be able to select them once I have completed the booking?
Yes. You cant select them when booking (in my recent experience) but once booked log in and change it.
Old Jul 11, 22, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kileysmom View Post
Decisions! I hate them! Right now I have the choice of a 777 F from ATL or A350J from AUS for a trip in early November. The seat map seems to be old 777F and, of course, the 350 is the new suite in Club. Will have about a 4 hour layover at LHR if you think that makes much difference (I do love the CCR) and need to try to get a few hours sleep on the transatlantic. Thanks!! KM
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
The First seat is a far more comfortable and spacious seat. The service in First is significantly better than that offered in Club. Its a no brainier for me.
Ha! I have a similar decision.

Booked on the AUS-LHR in CS at the end of this month. I have ExpertFlyer alerts for Z space for flights that depart IAH, ATL, DFW, ORD, as I can easily position.
However, ATL-LHR is showing 2 F seats (781 is what is scheduled for July) for the night before. Trying to convince my wife to take an extra day off work haha.

The only BA F product I have flown was on the 781 last year and it was fantastic. While walking by the CS on that that flight, they looked quite nice, so interesting to hear that F is a "no brainer". I have not ever flown J on a BA flight...
Looks like we may need to reposition.....
Old Jul 17, 22, 4:31 pm

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Noticeable differences in First Class between B787 & A380?

I just saw that BA switched my aircraft in December for the JNB route. The earlier flight in both directions switched in the past week from the A380 to the B787. While I've tended to enjoy the ride on the lager A380, I do prefer a smaller F cabin which seems to be the largest difference. As I'm new to the BA First product, are there other differences that are worth knowing?
Old Jul 17, 22, 10:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by wfiring12 View Post
I just saw that BA switched my aircraft in December for the JNB route. The earlier flight in both directions switched in the past week from the A380 to the B787. While I've tended to enjoy the ride on the lager A380, I do prefer a smaller F cabin which seems to be the largest difference. As I'm new to the BA First product, are there other differences that are worth knowing?
No, save that buddy dining will not be possible on the B787. The on board service is identical to the A380.

Search this Thread