Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pilot37
Fleet line-up and aircraft operational status

Airbus A380-800
Active (14F/Prime A380): G-XLEA G-XLEB G-XLEC G-XLED G-XLEE G-XLEF G-XLEG G-XLEH G-XLEI G-XLEJ G-XLEK G-XLEL

Boeing 777-200ER
Active:
77M (8F/Prime 2010): G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS
77R (14F/Prime 2010):G-VIIY G-VIIV G-VIIW

Boeing 777-300ER
Active:
77G (14F/Prime 2010): G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI
77H (8F/Prime 2020): G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP

Boeing 787
Active:
789 (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBKA G-ZBKB G-ZBKC G-ZBKD G-ZBKE G-ZBKF G-ZBKG G-ZBKH G-ZBKI G-ZBKJ G-ZBKK G-ZBKL G-ZBKM G-ZBKN G-ZBKO G-ZBKP G-ZBKR G-ZBKS
78K (8F/Prime 787): G-ZBLA G-ZBLB G-ZBLC G-ZBLD G-ZBLE G-ZBLF G-ZBLG

Print Wikipost

BA First cabin and seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by StingWest
It's just that I can think of many experiences in my flying career that have been much much worse. Perhaps it's the tone of the article, intended to produce shock and outrage, that annoyed me most.
The shock and outrage is unusual, as the Daily Mail normally provides a very balanced, well reasoned debate on such issues. (I'm sure the comments section also balanced.)
StingWest, RJD1983 and alex67500 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Are the cabin crew in First able to make your bed on request currently or is this not being done just now due to Covid please? (if it is DIY, will just make up the bed after dinner if I can find all the bedding items ( assume they will be in the lockers). Will be my first F since 2019 ( pre-covid) ( on the A380 overnight to DXB at the end of February)

Many thanks

TBS
Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Are the cabin crew in First able to make your bed on request currently or is this not being done just now due to Covid please? (if it is DIY, will just make up the bed after dinner if I can find all the bedding items ( assume they will be in the lockers). Will be my first F since 2019 ( pre-covid) ( on the A380 overnight to DXB at the end of February)

Many thanks

TBS
No problem, just ask when you’re ready.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Many thanks

TBS
Just got back from my first ever first (LHR-SCL) and they did indeed make my bed on request.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, Planning to book LHR-DXB in F, for an April flight. I haven't flown BA long haul since before the pandemic. I have been flying F with Emirates the past 2 years. I have an option of B777 or A380. Which F hard product is better? Do they both have those doors installed on the suite?

Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Soly
Hi, Planning to book LHR-DXB in F, for an April flight. I haven't flown BA long haul since before the pandemic. I have been flying F with Emirates the past 2 years. I have an option of B777 or A380. Which F hard product is better? Do they both have those doors installed on the suite?
Only the new F product on the refurbished and new 77W fleet has doors - there are only 5 in the fleet at the moment with another 2 being refurbished. These aircraft can be identified on a seat map as they have Club Suite in J.

The A380 has a larger version of the old 777 seat found on unrefurbished 77Ws and all 772s. Note refurbished 772 aircraft have Club Suite in J but the old F seat.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Only the new F product on the refurbished and new 77W fleet has doors - there are only 5 in the fleet at the moment with another 2 being refurbished. These aircraft can be identified on a seat map as they have Club Suite in J.
The A380 has a larger version of the old 777 seat found on unrefurbished 77Ws and all 772s. Note refurbished 772 aircraft have Club Suite in J but the old F seat.
Thank you!
Then it's going to be the A380, at least I will have the bigger "old" F seat. Emirates have gone crazy and their F flight is twice the price of BA's F.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Soly
Thank you!
Then it's going to be the A380, at least I will have the bigger "old" F seat. Emirates have gone crazy and their F flight is twice the price of BA's F.
Having flown both EK and BA F multiple times on this route over the last few months, trust me, EK is not crazy and the price difference right now is very justified on LHR-DXB. BA's F offering is currently nowhere near EK F on every dimension.

I've definitely noticed the general trend that EK F pricing is getting a little out of control currently from the UK, though (everything is 50%+ more than it was in 2019).
Old Mar 7, 2022, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Having flown both EK and BA F multiple times on this route over the last few months, trust me, EK is not crazy and the price difference right now is very justified on LHR-DXB. BA's F offering is currently nowhere near EK F on every dimension.

I've definitely noticed the general trend that EK F pricing is getting a little out of control currently from the UK, though (everything is 50%+ more than it was in 2019).
I travel at least twice a year from LHR to Dubai. Last time I travelled from LHR to DXB was November 2021, price was Ł4.8K. Now it jumped to Ł6.7K. I tried different dates and it's all the same. This is just crazy, at least for me, it's unjustifiable.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:56 am

BA185 LHR-EWR BA App and EF not matching

Does anyone know what’s happening here? We’ve selected seats 2K and 3K quite a while back. Expert flyer shows seat 3K as blocked and seat 4K as occupied. I’m confused.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Is it just me or are the 787-9's not quite lie-flat in F? Flew on BA 49 yesterday and it was one of the more uncomfortable flights I've ever had (I have some lumbar disc problems). We don't always fly up front but other flights in F have not been this bad. Can anyone tell me if I am imagining things or if this particular plane design really does not lie flat? Flew over in J on the same kind of plane and it was fine. I did try to switch back to J on the flight yesterday but all seats were full.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Giorgiok86

Does anyone know what’s happening here? We’ve selected seats 2K and 3K quite a while back. Expert flyer shows seat 3K as blocked and seat 4K as occupied. I’m confused.
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but what happened in the end? Was the seat taken out service?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by QT31415
Is it just me or are the 787-9's not quite lie-flat in F? Flew on BA 49 yesterday and it was one of the more uncomfortable flights I've ever had (I have some lumbar disc problems). We don't always fly up front but other flights in F have not been this bad. Can anyone tell me if I am imagining things or if this particular plane design really does not lie flat? Flew over in J on the same kind of plane and it was fine. I did try to switch back to J on the flight yesterday but all seats were full.
All BA First and Club World seats are fully flat bed, regardless of aircraft type; it's possible that your seat was faulty, or that the seat recline dial (which is quite sensitive in F) was inadvertently moved so the seat wasn't quite flat.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Genius1
All BA First and Club World seats are fully flat bed, regardless of aircraft type; it's possible that your seat was faulty, or that the seat recline dial (which is quite sensitive in F) was inadvertently moved so the seat wasn't quite flat.
In my recent flights, in the 787-9 and 787-10 compared to the more established fleet, I found that the seat and lighting controls in First were different. They were similar, but actually had lost the good ergonomics of the older ones. The new ones aren't so intuitive and its easy to not set a particular setting that you might want - like completely flat. This is because you use the nice dial for everything, like light settings, not just for the seat recline.
The controls on the newer planes seem badly thought out and cheap compared to the older ones.
Genius1 likes this.

Last edited by camdentown; Mar 27, 2022 at 2:52 pm Reason: sp
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Decisions! I hate them! Right now I have the choice of a 777 F from ATL or A350J from AUS for a trip in early November. The seat map seems to be old 777F and, of course, the 350 is the new suite in Club. Will have about a 4 hour layover at LHR if you think that makes much difference (I do love the CCR) and need to try to get a few hours sleep on the transatlantic. Thanks!! KM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.