Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Flying (April 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
The rules from March 29th say (copy and paste from gov.uk) “The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make”

The chances of getting stopped whilst travelling may be slim but everyone should be aware of the above. IANAL but if you’re flying for fun from 29th March do you run the risk of doing so illegally??
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
The rules from March 29th say (copy and paste from gov.uk) “The ‘stay at home’ rule will end on 29 March but many restrictions will remain in place. People should continue to work from home where they can and minimise the number of journeys they make”

The chances of getting stopped whilst travelling may be slim but everyone should be aware of the above. IANAL but if you’re flying for fun from 29th March do you run the risk of doing so illegally??
This is the difference between advice / request from the govt and then legally binding instructions

The legally binding stay at home order ends on March 29th. Unless new legislation comes in the rest is just a request.

Same during lockdown 1, the whole request to only exercise once a day and locally, simply that - a request - nothing legally binding.

Also, If asked - I am travelling to see my elderly parents who are in my bubble and need support.

Last edited by PGberkshire; Mar 18, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

My expectation is that the part about people minimising journeys will be advice/guidance only. We haven't seen the law for post 29 March yet, but based on on what has happened over the last year I don't expect doing domestic flights to be illegal.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
I’m thinking about Jersey as an interesting exception, obviously dependant on Jersey’s entry rules.. I should would be fully vaccinated by that point which I hope may help..
Old Mar 18, 2021, 2:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I have been flying between LHR and Scotland weekly for the past few weeks, I have not been checked at either side yet.
Flight have been getting busier, with my last flight having only 4 empty seats on a A320.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by Chris9642
Yes all of the hotels in Scotland are due to open April 26th with restrictions on travel around UK expected to be lifted on or around same date so a great opportunity for a weekend break before the rest of UK hotels open.
A lot of the hotels in Scotland are gearing up to open from 17th May.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by FEMW
A lot of the hotels in Scotland are gearing up to open from 17th May.
They can open sooner than that in Scotland - 26th April I believe
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:28 am

Just be mindful that NHS Scotland seems to be a little bit trigger-happy with self isolation in case of cases onboard. My OH operated a flight to ABZ where a passenger in club then tested positive. The entire flight is being asked to self isolate (it took 8 days to get to the crew but still).
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've a few MAN-LHR & return flights booked in April, but out and back on the same day so no overnight stay. These bookings have been cancelled and moved so many times when I ring up to rebook it takes the agent a while to get the correct FTV and booking reference to understand how much my ticket is for.

I've purposely booked for after 29th March because of that Stay at home order to end.

I work on the railways, and the police haven't been stopping anyone travelling in this last lockdown, even though they *might* look like they're not travelling essentially!
Old Mar 19, 2021, 10:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 13901
Just be mindful that NHS Scotland seems to be a little bit trigger-happy with self isolation in case of cases onboard. My OH operated a flight to ABZ where a passenger in club then tested positive. The entire flight is being asked to self isolate (it took 8 days to get to the crew but still).
Better than the 11 days it took when I was exposed on an Alitalia flight in September. I got a little nervous when I saw the message then realized it was like six flights ago.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 1:17 pm

Jersey re-opening 26th April?

This is part of the announcement from our government today....

"Ministers are today announcing the reintroduction of a Safer Travel Policy, which will enable the Island to reconnect with the rest of the world, through a phased approach.

The first stage is to reinstate the red, amber, and green classifications for the UK and the other Crown Dependencies from Monday 26 April. The thresholds for the classifications will remain the same as they were before Jersey classified all areas as red, and the United Kingdom will continue to be broken down by local regions. This will be kept under weekly review. "

https://www.gov.je/News/2021/Pages/ReintroductionOfSaferTravelPolicy.aspx
​​​​​​

Testing on arrival and quarantine depending on your area colour code. But for example Cornwall today would be green and only require isolation until the arrival test result is received (pretty quick).

As a local volunteer guide I look forward to seeing you soon! Oh PS can BA load some more flights to/from JER to accommodate?
KARFA, londonba2014, ENTP and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:58 pm

Jersey's classification system

Green (fewer than 50 cases per 100,000 population based on a 14-day infection rate): Those entering the island from green zones will have to isolate until they have a negative result from their arrival test.

Amber (between 50 and 119 cases per 100,000 population): Those arriving from amber zones will have to isolate until they have received a Day 5 negative test result.

Red (120 or more cases per 100,000 population): Those arriving from red zones will need to isolate until they have a Day 10 negative test result.

Anyone whose test result is positive will have to isolate for 14 days, in line with Public Health guidance.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:32 pm

Still fixated on cases I see which as more and more people are vaccinated becomes increasingly meaningless as the priority groups will be protected. This nonsense mass testing of asymptomatic people has to end.
londonba2014 and kingstontoon like this.

Last edited by JerseyPilot; Mar 19, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:38 am

The great news for those planning to visit JER is that the passenger is not charged for arrival testing and results are quick. From what I understand other decision metrics will be included at a later date even looking at vaccine passports. Anyway a bit of good news for domestic business and leisure travel and the economy.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
The great news for those planning to visit JER is that the passenger is not charged for arrival testing.
For now. Will be interesting to see how that policy holds a) with the States of Jersey having no money and b) with a greater burden of tests to perform...

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 21, 2021 at 7:49 am Reason: to comply with rule 15

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.