Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Harchy
LHR-VLC down to one rotation per day in August - high summer Spain capacity cut, seems ominous.
I don’t see any VLC flights on a Tue/Wed/Thu. It seems to now be down to 4/5 weekly.

Also, on a Saturday LHR-LIN is now down to 1 flight at 18:35?!

I can’t help but think this is BA cutting capacity so they can get higher yields and loads on the fewer flights that do run (exactly what the LCCs predicted after a slot waiver).

One of the benefits of BA was the great schedule, but this summer it’s pretty lacklustre.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: Executive Club
Yup, the only option outbound to VLC now 07:20.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
BER got a reduced service in both july and august --> got some mails in the last hrs
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
MAD rotations reduced too - had an email notification today that BA465 is scrubbed ex MAD
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by sammyg901
You'd be better to just sit on your ticket for now and see what happens nearer the time I think. I doubt Ryanair fares on this route ever go crazy. Currently BA have a rebooking policy onto Lufthansa until end-June so that might get extended and become an option for you. Or you'll be able to get a full refund if the trip can't go ahead for some reason

One thing that might be interesting for you is KLM allows you to cancel and get a "refundable travel voucher" which you can then refund back to cash. So if you really want to book something now you could do that risk free
Sit and wait is the current plan while keeping one eye on prices of alternatives, LH, KLM, SAS.Ryan Air are out as next to zero options for protecting the booking from total loss. Car rental is considerably cheaper from CPH than it was looking for BLL so may just swap the flights to CPH and drive up, roads are good and quiet so it's no major hardship.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I feel these cuts are coming too soon (and too intensely). On a Saturday there are now just 3 flights to CDG - (7am, 11am, 9pm). Given Paris sees a lot of tourists and short haul is coming back faster, it seems an odd move.
now looking like they have been conservative and that much worse is yet to come. August is my only option for a decent break so I am desperately hoping many millions of people can be vaccinated globally to allow travel to open up.
I suspect much of Central / South America will be restricted along with much of Africa by the U.K. gov. Asia on the other hand might not be open to the U.K. / EU.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: GGLfL
Just had notifcation that our August flights to Bali have been cancelled (the DOH-DPS flight) and we have been rebooked to Phuket (on the outbound only) instead. That's an interesting rebooking.

Your flight BA 6362 Doha Terminal 5 - Denpasar on Sat 21 Aug 2021, 02:05 has been cancelled

You have been rebooked on flight BA 7000 Doha Terminal 5 - Phuket Terminal I on Sat 21 Aug 2021, 02:55

Your new flights are detailed below. We hope you find these acceptable.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Maybe a bit early and this thread could get lost - but changes to August timetable already.

BA396 28 Aug LHR-BRU cancelled and looks like a reduction to 2 flights a day all the way through September as well.
I can't really plan any LH from BRU if they keep cancelling flights this way... there will be a point when BA will not be useful anymore from certain European destinations with heavy competition from Gulf and continental companies... you really need good connections to LHR in order to be able to compete.
Lefly likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by docsxx
I can't really plan any LH from BRU if they keep cancelling flights this way... there will be a point when BA will not be useful anymore from certain European destinations with heavy competition from Gulf and continental companies... you really need good connections to LHR in order to be able to compete.
With everything from/to BRU cancelled by BA I had to switch to IB, if I wanted to fly with OW and/or use avios. It's a bit of a detour in some cases, but at least it's more reliable.
docsxx likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
Just had notifcation that our August flights to Bali have been cancelled (the DOH-DPS flight) and we have been rebooked to Phuket (on the outbound only) instead. That's an interesting rebooking.

Your flight BA 6362 Doha Terminal 5 - Denpasar on Sat 21 Aug 2021, 02:05 has been cancelled

You have been rebooked on flight BA 7000 Doha Terminal 5 - Phuket Terminal I on Sat 21 Aug 2021, 02:55

Your new flights are detailed below. We hope you find these acceptable.
I appreciate this might be a little off topic but this morning had an email from the Bali IC asking if I intended to travel in August. Bali appear to be about to open at the end of July but if there are no flights and Hong Kong maintains its zero tolerance on over night transits, then no one is going to get there. Except perhaps via SQ and SIN.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by binman
I appreciate this might be a little off topic but this morning had an email from the Bali IC asking if I intended to travel in August. Bali appear to be about to open at the end of July but if there are no flights and Hong Kong maintains its zero tolerance on over night transits, then no one is going to get there. Except perhaps via SQ and SIN.
We had the same notification a couple of days ago from the Conrad, asking if we intended to travel. The initial answer was "yes probably", but it looks less certain now. CX is still selling via HKG. BA is selling via SIN with onward on JQ (our return is still intact BA-CX via HKG).
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:17 am

BA283 to LAX on 24th Cancelled

Edit - BA say my AA connection has been cancelled not the original flight so had to reroute with a connection.

Last edited by minichr1s; Jun 21, 2021 at 8:04 am
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
We had the same notification a couple of days ago from the Conrad, asking if we intended to travel. The initial answer was "yes probably", but it looks less certain now. CX is still selling via HKG. BA is selling via SIN with onward on JQ (our return is still intact BA-CX via HKG).
There is another recent thread in the BA forum stating that this won't be an allowed connection in SIN. So I guess the only hope would be that QR might fly to DPS if Bali actually opens up - but I think BBC mentioned today that Indonesia is now in a record wave of Covid cases.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I booked an IST-LHR-BOS ticket for August - what do folks think the odds are that it'll actually fly? LHR-BOS seems to be flying daily even now, but IST-LHR seems a bit riskier.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duck1981
There is another recent thread in the BA forum stating that this won't be an allowed connection in SIN. So I guess the only hope would be that QR might fly to DPS if Bali actually opens up - but I think BBC mentioned today that Indonesia is now in a record wave of Covid cases.
QR is still a useless option if UK.Gov keeps Qatar on the red list though....

Last edited by Schwann; Jun 21, 2021 at 2:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.