Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Had just booked an ex EU CDG Asia ticket and the last sector LHR CDG on August 26th just cancelled. Seems that schedule has been reduced to 4 a day, 3 on Saturdays.
What is the 300 mile rule?
I am not accepting the change for the time being as if things go south and access to Asia is restricted or banned then I will get a refund.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by binman
Had just booked an ex EU CDG Asia ticket and the last sector LHR CDG on August 26th just cancelled. Seems that schedule has been reduced to 4 a day, 3 on Saturdays.
What is the 300 mile rule?
There is some detail in 693 and 694 of the main cancellation thread. Basically change of departure or destination within 300 miles.

I am not accepting the change for the time being as if things go south and access to Asia is restricted or banned then I will get a refund.
Doing nothing for now may be your best option then.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
I feel these cuts are coming too soon (and too intensely). On a Saturday there are now just 3 flights to CDG - (7am, 11am, 9pm). Given Paris sees a lot of tourists and short haul is coming back faster, it seems an odd move.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:51 pm

Difficult to judge whether Short Haul will come back faster given the utter mess the EU seems to be making of its vaccine rollout.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 2:14 pm

Our BA 16 from SIN to LHR was cancelled, luckily they bumped us to ba12 as that is the only flight now. Gutted will miss F on the 787 IF we can go.

LHR to SIN schedule seems to be BA15 only up to 10th Aug then reverts to BA 11 only from the 11th.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:36 pm

Another day another cancellation. BA 416 to LUX on 22nd, rebooked on 418 10hrs later
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
BA1466 17 Aug LHR-INV cancelled a few minutes ago. Looks like it's down to one flight per day (the BA1470 at 13:10).
Mine got changed yesterday from 1850 (BA1466) on the 26th Sept to 0845 (BA1468 LHR-INV)
My inbound flight from YVR lands at 1450...
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FEMW
Mine got changed yesterday from 1850 (BA1466) on the 26th Sept to 0845 (BA1468 LHR-INV)
My inbound flight from YVR lands at 1450...
I think there are a lot of people with the same sort of problem. I'm (currently booked) inbound on the BA286 from SFO, which arrives 35 minutes after the BA1470 leaves....

Seems to be a particular problem if connecting to INV at the weekend though, with the sole remaining flight being so early on Sat and Sun.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 6:24 pm

Just to note that your options for a cancelled INV are either rebook to another flights, or to another nearby airport so EDI/ABZ/GLA, or just ask for it to be removed and finish your journey at LHR.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Having had the MAN/LHR times moved on me for a MAN/LHR/BLL return late August moved on me I've now just had the BLL/LHR returns cancelled with no alternate offered.

I've tried searching and nothing at all coming up so it looks like BLL has been dumped. I also checked SunAir MAN/BLL and LCY/BLL....nothing.

It's slightly more annoying as I'm on one ticket (using an FTV), the rest of my family (+4) are on a separate ticket and then we have the MIL and our niece on a separate ticket again just for the LHR/BLL leg. Fortunately I booked them and they are TCP'd.

Given were more than 2 weeks out I'm guessing my options are wait it out, cancel for refund or Voucher. If the MAN/BLL SunAir was operating i'd push for that but I'm assuming BA have zero responsibility at this time to provide alternative airline offering?

Ryan Air are operating direct MAN/BLL on the dates but there's zero flexibility for C19 related no travel issues so it's a risk. KLM or LH with a stop are alternates but more expensive.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I feel these cuts are coming too soon (and too intensely). On a Saturday there are now just 3 flights to CDG - (7am, 11am, 9pm). Given Paris sees a lot of tourists and short haul is coming back faster, it seems an odd move.
The problem for them must be that, every time they cancel a flight, the passengers end up with fully flexible tickets valid on any flight, and this can be cannibalising revenue when these passengers rebook onto expensive flights. I guess their worry is that people are booking very cheap flights in the hope that they'd be cancelled, and then moving them to expensive dates, e.g. bank holidays and Christmas, for free. So to draw a line under this they're only selling flights that'll definitely fly.
jonkx likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
There is some detail in 693 and 694 of the main cancellation thread. Basically change of departure or destination within 300 miles.

Doing nothing for now may be your best option then.

Thank you that was very helpful and I have printed out the two posts.

Is there a simple method of looking for a specific post by number. I couldn't find the 2 posts other than by searching manually.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by binman
Thank you that was very helpful and I have printed out the two posts.

Is there a simple method of looking for a specific post by number. I couldn't find the 2 posts other than by searching manually.
When in a thread there is a go to page feature (down arrow top right) but not a go to post. I think it is just a matter of estimating the page from the usual number of 15 posts per page, and adjusting from there.
binman likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Having had the MAN/LHR times moved on me for a MAN/LHR/BLL return late August moved on me I've now just had the BLL/LHR returns cancelled with no alternate offered.

I've tried searching and nothing at all coming up so it looks like BLL has been dumped. I also checked SunAir MAN/BLL and LCY/BLL....nothing.

It's slightly more annoying as I'm on one ticket (using an FTV), the rest of my family (+4) are on a separate ticket and then we have the MIL and our niece on a separate ticket again just for the LHR/BLL leg. Fortunately I booked them and they are TCP'd.

Given were more than 2 weeks out I'm guessing my options are wait it out, cancel for refund or Voucher. If the MAN/BLL SunAir was operating i'd push for that but I'm assuming BA have zero responsibility at this time to provide alternative airline offering?

Ryan Air are operating direct MAN/BLL on the dates but there's zero flexibility for C19 related no travel issues so it's a risk. KLM or LH with a stop are alternates but more expensive.
You'd be better to just sit on your ticket for now and see what happens nearer the time I think. I doubt Ryanair fares on this route ever go crazy. Currently BA have a rebooking policy onto Lufthansa until end-June so that might get extended and become an option for you. Or you'll be able to get a full refund if the trip can't go ahead for some reason

One thing that might be interesting for you is KLM allows you to cancel and get a "refundable travel voucher" which you can then refund back to cash. So if you really want to book something now you could do that risk free
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: Executive Club
LHR-VLC down to one rotation per day in August - high summer Spain capacity cut, seems ominous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.