Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by meehgz
You preferred the 789 to the A350?
The OP might be traveling on First.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:37 pm

Advice required please.

So my outbound flight with BA to Madrid has been cancelled at 13:05 and I will probably rebook for the 7am or 10:30am with Iberia. If Spain does go Amber Plus then my hope was to convince BA to fly me to Casablanca instead, its slightly over the 300 miles rule but if they insist on a fare difference then its not the end of the world.

The issue seems to be I noticed BA has not flown to Marrakesh since last year, yet its selling the tickets and I can only assume its cancelling a month in advance or they are flying on the 24th Aug. I fly in September but was thinking if I do get cancelled on my return flight, I was thinking asking BA to reroute, my question was can I ask them to reroute only on Oneworld or any available tickets? I noticed some codeshare KLM flights which have a reasonable time but also Air Maroc which is one world partner, the only issue with the Air Maroc has changed a few times, its some days an ATR which just business class availability and some days its Economy, I was wondering when rebooking, is it any airline BA allow rebooking onto and if business is only available, will they turn down the request?

Edit: Flights were booked on the 2nd July

Last edited by suley; Jul 23, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
WRO-LHR on 19th August just cancelled. Am I right that the only option I have is a refund, Avios, FTV or rebooking on the same route? Rebooking on the same route is useless, as the next flight out of WRO departs a week later... I am guessing there's no way to get on the WAW-LHR flight on the same day or a reroute on an alternative airline? If so, then even FR is more flexible with their cancellations!
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:27 pm

if Your ticket was issued before 22 June 2021, You can be rebooked on Lufthansa with stop at FRA (you can change also date till end of October), I manage to do it for LHR-WAW.....
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Garimi
if Your ticket was issued before 22 June 2021, You can be rebooked on Lufthansa with stop at FRA (you can change also date till end of October), I manage to do it for LHR-WAW.....
Sadly, it was issued just last week.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:40 pm

so it's under 14 days before flight EU261 kick in...maybe You can just buy LH or Lot ticket and claim money from BA, check forum for EU261.....

also You can be rebooked on WAW-LHR on BA 851 on 19 Aug.....its I think 4h by train...but BA will not cover train ticket
If you have insurance on payment card can be more options...I always pay with Amex Platinum
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:12 pm

so it's under 14 days before flight EU261 kick in...maybe You can just buy LH or Lot ticket and claim money from BA, check forum for EU261.....
19th August is more than 14 days away.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:47 pm

also You can be rebooked on WAW-LHR on BA 851 on 19 Aug.....its I think 4h by train...but BA will not cover train ticket
If you have insurance on payment card can be more options...I always pay with Amex Platinum
Will BA book me on WAW-LHR though? Online I can only change to different dates for WRO-LHR.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, United MileagePlus
Hi Everyone,

Would love some advice. BA has cancelled my 11.15am LHR-SFO flight, which I booked through Expedia on an American ticket (I live in the US, so American travel credits are more useful if I have to cancel).

Although the flight disappeared from Manage My Booking on ba.com four days ago and was confirmed canceled by the BA call center, Expedia and American still think it's flying, so I can't rebook on the other flight the same day.

Any suggestions? I want to do it soon, to ensure we get seats and a bassinet position.

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2021, 4:37 pm

And now the remaining BA208 flight has been downgraded from a club suites A350 to the old CW 789.

I believe there’s no recourse for an aircraft change, correct?

Any idea why they’d swap this from an A350 to 789? Was looking forward to finally getting to fly in club suites 😒
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mitsley
Hi Everyone,

Any suggestions? I want to do it soon, to ensure we get seats and a bassinet position.

Thanks!
This is the major downside of booking it as an AA ticket. The change may take a week or longer to get through to AA and AA/Expedia won't touch it until the cancellation goes through. Thus you are in a waiting game and by the time you get the notification and are allowed to change to a new flight option, others may already have taken your preferred seats.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by XmaX
Will BA book me on WAW-LHR though? Online I can only change to different dates for WRO-LHR.
300 miles rule from WRO operated by BA

So call to change it...

You can also travel from BER,PRG ....
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Is this a record? 6 sector Itinerary and everyone cancelled! Route was CDG LHR HKG DPS return.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:22 am

Programs: United, Virgin, BA, AA
Our Outbound to Marrakech BA2666 was cancelled last night. UGH!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
You preferred the 789 to the A350?
Yes - the 789 has first, the A350 doesn’t.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.