Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: United, Virgin, BA, AA
Anyone booked for Morocco (Marrakech) been cancelled on this thread? We are scheduled to fly at the end of August. Hoping this trip will be go.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
LUX flights have been zeroed out until August 17th, and given UK case numbers, I would think all of August will be wiped out in the next few days when Luxembourg updates their UK arrival status from it's current 31st July end date to the end of August with 7 day mandatory quarantine.

Pilot37
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I'm expecting my FRA-LHR flight on Aug09 to be cancelled this week (was zeroed last Friday). Given that this is an AS partner award (connecting to LHR-SFO in WTP), how do you think BA will re accomodate us (if at all)? Will they opt to put us on the FRA-LCY flight the night before, put us on AA, or do nothing? Other options to get home with current award availability on other partners are slim/none.
Data point, when they cancelled our outbound LHR-BER for July24 BA put us on the flight 24+ hours later (which led us to change our entire itinerary a couple of weeks ago).
These late cancellations are brutal on the partner award traveler.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by spgaston
I'm expecting my FRA-LHR flight on Aug09 to be cancelled this week (was zeroed last Friday). Given that this is an AS partner award (connecting to LHR-SFO in WTP), how do you think BA will re accomodate us (if at all)? Will they opt to put us on the FRA-LCY flight the night before, put us on AA, or do nothing? Other options to get home with current award availability on other partners are slim/none.
Data point, when they cancelled our outbound LHR-BER for July24 BA put us on the flight 24+ hours later (which led us to change our entire itinerary a couple of weeks ago).
These late cancellations are brutal on the partner award traveler.
BA must have been reading this thread because they just cancelled the flight today. And they did not put me on any alternate flight.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:11 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
BA must have been reading this thread because they just cancelled the flight today. And they did not put me on any alternate flight.
If you are booked on AS ticket stock, it is up to AS to find you an alternative flight or refund your miles. BA has no obligation to you. That is the risk you take when you use partner miles.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
LHR - LJU on the 11th Aug has just been cancelled. Annoying as there’s nothing either side of it so it’s either VCE or TRI with Ryanair.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Looks like LCY - DUB services have bitten the bullet for August. A shame given Ireland opened to fully vaccinated U.K. travellers from yesterday, but LHR - DUB services are down to 2 a day (occasionally 3 flights on certain days) so it’s seems BA is happy to leave the rebuild of the route to EI initially who don’t offer Club service.

Pilot37
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
LHR-BIO (Bilbao) cancelled 8 August, currently trying to rebook LGW-BIO with Veuling
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:30 am

Larnaca schedules seem to be being consolidated - our flight pushed back two hours and the next one cancelled so looks like there isn't the demand for both. Could be worse.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:40 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
LHR-BIO (Bilbao) cancelled 8 August, currently trying to rebook LGW-BIO with Veuling
Don’t. They’re a bunch of thieves. The trouble anyone has at being refunded is well documented on Facebook. They do not answer the phones. If you must book with Amex, that’s how I got my money back.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Don’t. They’re a bunch of thieves. The trouble anyone has at being refunded is well documented on Facebook. They do not answer the phones. If you must book with Amex, that’s how I got my money back.
Not my idea! SWMBO made the decision. Booking is still with BA so should be ok on that front.
I'm secretly hoping they cancel the flight and we route via MAD on BA/IB
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
Not my idea! SWMBO made the decision. Booking is still with BA so should be ok on that front.
I'm secretly hoping they cancel the flight and we route via MAD on BA/IB
Good - that's fine. I would not trust them as far as I could throw one of their aircraft. I might add that I hold Iberia in little more esteem.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
If you are booked on AS ticket stock, it is up to AS to find you an alternative flight or refund your miles. BA has no obligation to you. That is the risk you take when you use partner miles.
While this may be true in practice it is a ridiculous position and I'm surprised so many Big Airline apologists on FT espouse this position.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
While this may be true in practice it is a ridiculous position and I'm surprised so many Big Airline apologists on FT espouse this position.
That’s not a very friendly response to someone who was only trying to help you. Unfortunately @sfozrhfco is correct, it is the ticketing airline or agent who is responsible for rebooking and reissuing the ticket in your circumstances.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
AS is holding your payment which in this case is your points. If you were in transit and BA had a mechanical issue, that is another story. Then BA can help you. Otherwise, they can not touch/change your ticket as it is under AS's control. This is why it is always a risk to book on a partner that is not owned by the same company. AS is not going to pay for you to fly on a non-partner airline and they have little/no control over free ticket space on other carriers either. AS also has no flights to or within Europe so that can't open up space on one of their own flights to accommodate you. That's the reality. If you want to have a better chance of protection use the points of the airline you are flying and not a partner--especially now as schedules are changing all the time.
VSLover likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.