Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:34 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by meehgz
Was booked on LHR-ORD BA295, got the cancellation email this morning. Rebooked for LHR-LAX BA281 same day, canceled a few minutes ago. Worried about my BA208 outbound via MIA…
Did you rebook onto BA269 LHR-LAX ?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:35 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Karbry
BA206 MIA to LHR has officially bitten the bullet on August 14th
Indeed.
Looks like BA208 MIA-LHR is still flying though (A350)
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
Indeed.
Looks like BA208 MIA-LHR is still flying though (A350)
I was downgraded from F to CW on the BA209 with the equipment change for the 4th August already, so I was just waiting on the official notification about BA207/BA206. And seeing as Uncle Joe won't be lifting the PP in the near future, it is refund time. Rhyl is looking good this year

Last edited by Karbry; Jul 14, 2021 at 5:58 pm Reason: Flight No. change
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
Did you rebook onto BA269 LHR-LAX ?
Not yet, I really want to avoid the old CW config (had booked both ways of my itinerary into the Suites product). But I also don't want to have them rebook me into AA haha. So I'll be picking between two non-ideal options.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
My BA-280 LAX-LHR on August 20 was cancelled today, I have to choose an alternate flight in Business Class. How is AA in Business to LAX-LHR?

Last edited by backdoc; Jul 14, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by backdoc
My BA-280 LAX-LHR on August 20 was cancelled today, I have to choose an alternate flight in Business Class. How is AA in Business to LAX-LHR?
better than CW
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:23 pm

Still waiting for the BA 285s (SFO) in the second and third weeks of the month to be cancelled. It's been several days; I guess they'll get around to it at some point!

rb211.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
light years ahead of club world, especially if you can get the mini cabin behind F
SteveinA2 and T8191 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Anyone used Iberia for long haul in Business?

Originally Posted by binman
light years ahead of club world, especially if you can get the mini cabin behind F
My other option from my cancellation of BA-280 is to fly AA LAX to JFK and then Iberia A330 in Business to Madrid then on to my destination Lisbon. Any opinions? Just the thought of being able to skip London sounds amazing, except of course several hours in the Concord Lounge.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
My other option from my cancellation of BA-280 is to fly AA LAX to JFK and then Iberia A330 in Business to Madrid then on to my destination Lisbon. Any opinions? Just the thought of being able to skip London sounds amazing, except of course several hours in the Concord Lounge.
what concorde lounge? you only have a terrace right now and it certainly would not be worth the LHR stopover if you can avoid it right now!
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Originally Posted by RB211
Still waiting for the BA 285s (SFO) in the second and third weeks of the month to be cancelled. It's been several days; I guess they'll get around to it at some point!

rb211.
Same - I'm feeling forgotten!!
Seriously though, that is a must have trip for me, so it is frustrating seeing availability dwindle on alternate AA routings

Hopefully the email comes today or tomorrow.

Bill
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by meehgz
<snip>But I also don't want to have them rebook me into AA haha.
Errr... why not? I mean, the AA flight might actually, you know, not cancel...

Regards
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM

IB business is perfectly fine, especially for a relatively short flight like JFK-MAD (usually about 6-7 hours)

ETA- Be aware you may have to switch terminals at JFK (8 > 7). Not sure what IB is doing there at the moment.

Bill
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
BA 165 LHR-TLV cancelled for 01/08 and it looks that they will be doing only the evening flight early August.... had enough of vouchers and requested refund, bought a ticket on VS, better flight times to and from TLV, I am afraid I don't want to have to get up at 4 am to come back or arrive just after midnight.
Now cancelled for 21/8 too. Taking the evening flight the day before, not ideal as arrives at midnight. Actually doubt we will be allowed in, so could well end up cancelling at some point.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:23 pm

BA 48 SEA to LHR cancelled on 21 August. Trying to decide if I move to the flight on 20 August or go with the AA flight on the same date.
backdoc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.