Goodbye Embraer E170s

Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Goodbye Embraer E170s

The fleet rationalisation through Covid continues. The 6x E170s are moving to Envoy, leaving Cityflyer with a 22-strong all-E190 fleet.

Many here may see this as a positive for the CityFlyer product. E190s have substantially more legroom + the extra legroom seats in rows 1 & 2 to keep crewing requirements to 2 people, whereas the E170s are nose to tail at the tightest pitch.

I used to use LCY-ORY on a regular basis and have fond memories of each of them. Glad theyre not going to the scrap heap at 11-years old!

https://simpleflying.com/ba-cityflyer-all-e190-fleet/
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Mentioned here yesterday: BA fleet developments: unconfirmed updates, speculation, and general discussion
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Also not going to miss the equipment change to these when you're already booked in the emergency exit row on an E190.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And FWIW, as I was sure that there had been confirmed information that the E170s had already ended their BA service, this was posted on 16 January 2021 on BA fleet: confirmed information on aircraft deliveries, refurbishment and retirements
Originally Posted by EJetter
This Sunday 17th January sees the Embraer 170's final scheduled passenger service with BA CityFlyer, to BHD and back. On the 19th G-LCYI will position to NWI.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Cool

Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
The fleet rationalisation through Covid continues. The 6x E170s are moving to Envoy, leaving Cityflyer with a 22-strong all-E190 fleet.

Many here may see this as a positive for the CityFlyer product. E190s have substantially more legroom + the extra legroom seats in rows 1 & 2 to keep crewing requirements to 2 people, whereas the E170s are nose to tail at the tightest pitch.

I used to use LCY-ORY on a regular basis and have fond memories of each of them. Glad theyre not going to the scrap heap at 11-years old!

https://simpleflying.com/ba-cityflyer-all-e190-fleet/
Likewise I used to fly the E170s from LCY to ORY having connections ted down from Glasgow on the E190. Definitely preferred the front row on the 190 to the 170. I need to travel to Paris next month and not only did BA give up on the ORY route a couple of years ago which I found very convenient in Paris, but there are currently no BA flights between LHR and CDG. AF it is then
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Semi-related, I didnt want to start a new thread but I came across an E190 landed Biggin Hill BQH airport in Kent on Wednesday. In my time on FT and in the real world, I havent come across a BA aircraft at BQH before. We are not in normal times however.

I assume this was for a private charter, anyone know?

Speedbirdsouth likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
quite happy to see the ends of these if only because i could never recall which had the better row 2 now one less worry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.