BA LHR-JNB flights

Old Mar 9, 21, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
BA LHR-JNB flights

{A}nyone know why BA LHR-JNB flights are showing as operating (e.g. flightaware) ? It's my understanding that the UK has still suspended all direct flights (perhaps they're allowing transit pax?)
-
Also concerned about labor day JNB reservations and booked a backup with VS but concerned about that too now.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 9, 21 at 7:22 pm Reason: Moved to BA forum
Old Mar 9, 21, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Mileage Plus Silver, United Club, AA Gold, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach View Post
A bit off topic but anyone know why BA LHR-JNB flights are showing as operating (e.g. flightaware) ? It's my understanding that the UK has still suspended all direct flights (perhaps they're allowing transit pax?)
-
Also concerned about labor day JNB reservations and booked a backup with VS but concerned about that too now.
JNB is a big cargo market, so may be a cargo-only flight. I too would be surprised if it was in fact a pax flight.
Old Mar 9, 21, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by CALMSP View Post
JNB is a big cargo market, so may be a cargo-only flight. I too would be surprised if it was in fact a pax flight.
interesting. doesn't seem to be bookable so this appears to be the likely explanation.
Old Mar 9, 21, 11:29 pm

They are indeed freighters. The BA57 currently in the air and due to land in a little less than an hour is indeed BA57F.
Old Mar 10, 21, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-
For non-USians that is the 1 May.

Personally I would have another back up plans as itís very unlikely BA or VS will be carrying passengers by that point. Ethiopian and Kenya Airways have run throughout I think, possibly AF too.
Old Mar 10, 21, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
A bit confusingly, unlike most labour day / eight-hour day / workers' day's being around 1 May (in the UK the Early May bank holiday), the US labor day is the first weekend of September. But agreed, I don't believe BA will restart the SA routes before 17 May 2021 and we will have to see what the UK Government's Global Travel Taskforce report on (or around) 12 April to know what is more likely going forward for passenger services.
Old Mar 10, 21, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CALMSP View Post
interesting. doesn't seem to be bookable so this appears to be the likely explanation.
From the last few days, until I got bored of copying the links:
Old Mar 10, 21, 7:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
For non-USians that is the 1 May.

Personally I would have another back up plans as itís very unlikely BA or VS will be carrying passengers by that point. Ethiopian and Kenya Airways have run throughout I think, possibly AF too.
Also KL and QR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: