Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unable to add BAEC number to AA booking after account surname change

Old Feb 26, 21, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Gold

Hello! Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue.

Mrs. Geordie405 has recently (i.e. Monday just gone) had her BAEC account updated to reflect her new married surname. Since this change she's unable to add her BAEC number to any new AA bookings. The AA webform simply says the number is not recognised. I have spoken to AA and they can't add it either. They get the same error.

These are all new bookings, made in her married name. We're not trying to change any existing bookings. We deliberately waited until after we'd flown all the bookings made in her maiden name before having BA update her BAEC details.

I'm assuming that adding her BAEC number to the booking doesn't result in a dynamic, real-time lookup of her BAEC details by AA against BA's systems. Rather I'm assuming that there's some periodic update of a shared database somewhere that facilitates the lookup of the various FFP details across OW member airlines?

Does anyone know how long we'd need to wait before AA recognises her new surname? We're not flying until 16th March so we have some time to get this resolved but if anyone has come across this before and has some insight that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 21, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Almost certain that BAEC (BA) has not fully updated its system. AA simply acts on data fed by BA.

I would call BA and confirm that the account is fully updated.
Old Feb 26, 21, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

That's what I would have assumed too, but certainly looking at her account on ba.com everything seems to be in order. There's nothing glaringly amiss such as a spelling error etc. The only thing to change was her surname (and title, from Ms. to Mrs.) so I find it hard to believe that BA could mess that up.
Old Feb 26, 21, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Geordie405 View Post
That's what I would have assumed too, but certainly looking at her account on ba.com everything seems to be in order. There's nothing glaringly amiss such as a spelling error etc. The only thing to change was her surname (and title, from Ms. to Mrs.) so I find it hard to believe that BA could mess that up.
Nonetheless, you will need to call BAEC to confirm this if you want her number added.

Alternatively, unless she is traveling in the next few days, I would leave it alone and let the data catch up.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 21, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

So having tried again this morning to add her BAEC number to various AA bookings it worked without issue. There is, therefore, presumably some background process that runs (I'm assuming once a week) that synchronises things.

Last edited by Geordie405; Mar 1, 21 at 10:00 am Reason: Spelling error.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: