GGL opening times

Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
GGL opening times

Got a complicated change I want to make and wondering if anyone knows what hours the GGL line is open currently - and staffed with GGL team rather than diverted to Gold team?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I believe up to 8pm it is the Manchester team, after 8pm it goes to the India GGL team.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks KARFA. Always have a superb experience with that Manchester team. I’ll wait for tomorrow!
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Splotly
Thanks KARFA. Always have a superb experience with that Manchester team. I’ll wait for tomorrow!
Don’t be put off calling the India GGL team, they have some incredibly knowledgeable and well trained agents. They have assisted me several times out of hours with some complicated issues. Give them a try
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Sorry I'm going to hijack this thread to say it's good to read you again Tobias-UK, I noticed I hadn't seen any posts for a while and I'd missed them!
Tobias-UK and SxMan like this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Don’t be put off calling the India GGL team, they have some incredibly knowledgeable and well trained agents. They have assisted me several times out of hours with some complicated issues. Give them a try
I second this. I usually call in my evening which is the middle of the night UK time and often speak to the team in India who are first class.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Interesting, and I which case I will give them a try. I’ve never before simply because I’m such fans of the Manchester team and enjoy talking with them each time
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
I have mixed feelings about this. I live in Chicago, and unless I deal with travel matters straight after breakfast, I'm almost always in Indian hands. Just last night I needed help to rebook three complex tickets, involving multiple segments, FTV payments, a GUF, an Avios upgrade, etc etc. After an initial call of 40 mins and a similar length call back after he's spoken to someone in the fares team... he suggested I call the UK team the next day. I did, and they sorted each booking... and disagreed with each piece of his advice. Although even that was difficult as he left no notes in the booking. So my view of the India based team has been a bit dented.
becks1 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by alex67500
Sorry I'm going to hijack this thread to say it's good to read you again Tobias-UK, I noticed I hadn't seen any posts for a while and I'd missed them!
Thank you, my silence was not entirely by choice but because I have been incredibly busy. I've been based in the USA since mid-November and was kept well occupied businesswise throughout the visit. I returned to the UK only last week and have just now been able to push my head above the water. Hopefully things have settled down a little and I can catch up on fun things

I hope you are keeping well.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I never get the core GGL team any more. It always just seems to be whoever is next in the UK Call Centre, although they answer 'Gold Guest List'.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
I never get the core GGL team any more. It always just seems to be whoever is next in the UK Call Centre, although they answer 'Gold Guest List'.
Do you mean you are getting the Newcastle call centre when you call the GGL number?
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL
My recent experience of Indian GGL has been poor though very good in the past.
they currently just seem to make up new rules, confirm with a supervisor and GGL UK sort it with ease next day!

im giving up on India for a while.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by DominicB
I have mixed feelings about this. I live in Chicago, and unless I deal with travel matters straight after breakfast, I'm almost always in Indian hands. Just last night I needed help to rebook three complex tickets, involving multiple segments, FTV payments, a GUF, an Avios upgrade, etc etc. After an initial call of 40 mins and a similar length call back after he's spoken to someone in the fares team... he suggested I call the UK team the next day. I did, and they sorted each booking... and disagreed with each piece of his advice. Although even that was difficult as he left no notes in the booking. So my view of the India based team has been a bit dented.
I second this. Indian team seems have less experience/ability to deal with tricky situations in my experiences
Old Feb 28, 2021, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by KARFA
Do you mean you are getting the Newcastle call centre when you call the GGL number?
Don't know where they are based but both of my recent calls required the agent to speak to a Supervisor to confirm things I knew were correct. An experienced agent from the GGL team could have handled the requests.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I spoke to someone last week, and I think he said (my recollection may be off) that they had recently expanded the team. Maybe that was the issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.