Mauritius CW Avios Availability

Old Feb 25, 21, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Mauritius CW Avios Availability

Has anyone ever had any luck finding 4 Avios tickets for Mauritius direct flights at all? I've been keeping an eye on things but nothing has come up fo a while now, which may well just be due to the current state of the world. Looking at trying to book for the tail end of the yea and want to try using my 2-4-1 vouchers flying direct rather than having to go via JNB where there seems to be moe avails.
Old Feb 25, 21, 5:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
The Mauritius direct flights are always difficult to get and especially at that time of year and to get 4 would be as rare as Hen's teeth so to speak. Even more so given the refurbished 777-200's which were/are used on that aircraft configuration where there are only 32 Business class seats. A heavy premium route and they can sell those J tickets quite easily.

32J52W252Y | The BA Source
Old Feb 25, 21, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Thought as much, thank you. Any idea when they might be doing an aircraft swap on that route?
Old Feb 25, 21, 5:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by mediamonkey View Post
Thought as much, thank you. Any idea when they might be doing an aircraft swap on that route?
I've been lucky to have been there 5 times in total and many years ago it used to be a 747 from Terminal 4!

However it's long been a 777-200 but in the current climate and with aviation matters for the initial future unknown it's anybody's guess really but I don't think it'll make any difference to CW redemption availability, unfortunately. Still worth keeping an eye out though but I wouldn't bet on 4 coming up at all.
Old Feb 26, 21, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold
I did actually get 4 seats with Avios. Originally booked for April half term which I changed yesterday to May Half Term. All done online. Now whether the trip happens in May is a different thing altogether!
You can still get 4 seats for May 28 and some dates in June I think. Worth checking the year around availability calendar. BA released a lot of seats yesterday as they extended their schedule into June.
Old Feb 26, 21, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Shell Go+
I moved to Mauritius for work a while ago before moving back to UK. My employer at the time used to put me in EK J which I obviously preferred to the old 772's.

These days if I was to visit the island again (for pleasure as opposed to work!), I just wish that our friends over at QR operate MRU one day.

kayess5 - you may get some downpours but it soon dries up as March/April/May can be the rainy seasons. November to February are good months to visit FYI.
Old Feb 26, 21, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
The BA direct service was great when it ran as two night flights for a while

Wheels up from LHR, 2-3 hours for dinner, drinks etc then sleep all the way until breakfast as the sun came up over the Indian Ocean

Search this Thread
Search Engine: