Wiki Posts
Search

Merging 241 bookings for a family

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Merging 241 bookings for a family

Mrs nollag and the little nollags are now booked in for a family holiday in Dubai for new year.

We are booked LHR-DXB on 241 voucher in my name for me and kiddy 1, and on my wife's 241 voucher for her and kiddy 2. All in First

How can we link these bookings together so that we dont end up sitting apart from each other on the flight?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Nice work. Seat assignments in F should be free - have you gone into MMB and tried to allocate seats
Old Feb 19, 2021, 6:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You can't combine bookings, but seat selection shouldn't be a problem in F.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nollag
Mrs nollag and the little nollags are now booked in for a family holiday in Dubai for new year.

We are booked LHR-DXB on 241 voucher in my name for me and kiddy 1, and on my wife's 241 voucher for her and kiddy 2. All in First

How can we link these bookings together so that we dont end up sitting apart from each other on the flight?
For the future, you could book all as one ticket using 2 2-for-1s since both you and your wife are flying. Would require your wife to nominate you as a third party nominee, or have her in your household account (+kids).

Post booking you can only TCP bookings together - it doesn't put all your party in one PNR, but check-in agent should see you all travel together.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
Would require your wife to nominate you as a third party nominee...
How can she do that?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nollag
How can she do that?
On the website you can nominate an additional party to manage your account. My secretary used to do it for me.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by megaloman
For the future, you could book all as one ticket using 2 2-for-1s since both you and your wife are flying.
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that if the 241 vouchers are in different names. I do this every year and it always has to be done as two bookings with an adult and a child in each. I ask every year and am always told the same. All the same household account and I am a nominee on my wife's account.
nollag and Steve in Olympia like this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In any event, only one passenger per ticket.

Multiple tickets can be booked into one PNR, but there is always one ticket per passenger.

For this purpose it doesn't matter because there is no benefit as seat assignment is included.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by MrGatch
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that if the 241 vouchers are in different names. I do this every year and it always has to be done as two bookings with an adult and a child in each. I ask every year and am always told the same. All the same household account and I am a nominee on my wife's account.
I'm talking from my personal experience, had no issues booking a PNR with two 241s where one voucher was mine and other was my friend's. Agent I spoke to said the only restriction was I had to use my own avios for all of us, but two 241s in different names were not an issue as long as both voucher owners travelled on the PNR.

Last edited by megaloman; Feb 20, 2021 at 5:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.