Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

July 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Old Feb 17, 21, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond

LHR-SOF-LHR had time changes . it seems that they are only operating one flight pair and moved them to 11:20 departure in LHR and 17:20 departure in SOF... no different flight times on different days anymore (except weekends)
Old Mar 16, 21, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Just had my BHD-LHR flight in July cancelled.

I was due to depart at 19:25 and theyve rebooked me onto the 15:15 flight. Theres now no later flight than 15:15 on any day...seems a bit nuts.
Old Mar 16, 21, 1:19 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Just had my BHD-LHR flight in July cancelled.

I was due to depart at 19:25 and they’ve rebooked me onto the 15:15 flight. There’s now no later flight than 15:15 on any day...seems a bit nuts.
That is pretty tough bearing in mind there used to be two evening flights at around 19.20 and 20.10. Just looking at a random day in July, your BA alternatives aren't much better with a flight to LCY at 17.05 or a BA codeshare on an Aer Lingus flight at 17.40.

If you really need to leave later the only alternative is Easyjet from BFS to LGW/LTN/STN, but unfortunately you don't get tier points or avios on those.
Old Mar 16, 21, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by ECR
That is pretty tough bearing in mind there used to be two evening flights at around 19.20 and 20.10. Just looking at a random day in July, your BA alternatives aren't much better with a flight to LCY at 17.05 or a BA codeshare on an Aer Lingus flight at 17.40.

If you really need to leave later the only alternative is Easyjet from BFS to LGW/LTN/STN, but unfortunately you don't get tier points or avios on those.
Yep, in 2019 in was 2 evening flights as you say, but they cut that down to 1 for S21. Now theyve gone further and cancelled that, thus reducing LHR-BHD to 3 flights per day (and only 2 at the weekend!).

I was looking at BHD-LCY, but the 17:05 flight is only operated Tue-Fri. I also dont fancy EI/EZY, so I guess Ill just stay an extra night and come back the day after to LHR. Shame BA cant pay for my extra night
Old Mar 16, 21, 4:06 pm

Just had a BRU-LHR cancellation on a transatlantic booking (that Im still hoping will happen). Notification says Ive been rebooked to flight 5hrs earlier. Any chance I can ask them to rebook me ex DUB or drop the BRU leg entirely and start in LHR?
Old Mar 16, 21, 4:08 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Just had a BRU-LHR cancellation on a transatlantic booking (that Im still hoping will happen). Notification says Ive been rebooked to flight 5hrs earlier. Any chance I can ask them to rebook me ex DUB or drop the BRU leg entirely and start in LHR?
is it 300 miles change? if so 217.82 miles between LHR and BRU. DUB is too far.
Old Mar 16, 21, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just had a BRU-LHR cancellation on a transatlantic booking (that I’m still hoping will happen). Notification says I’ve been rebooked to flight 5hrs earlier. Any chance I can ask them to rebook me ex DUB or drop the BRU leg entirely and start in LHR?
If BA have cancelled a sector, but you are OK with the remaining sectors, you don't have to worry about the 300 mile rule, you can simply ask BA to cancel that sector altogether and fly the rest. You may get a bit of a refund, at least the TFC component. If you want the last LHR-BRU sector removed as well, then that's not automatically OK to drop, some agents will do it, but maybe that will also get cancelled anyway.

For DUB you would be on to fare difference, which of course is always worth checking, but unlikely to be interesting.
andymcdonnell and PGberkshire like this.
Old Mar 16, 21, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
same here for August, unfortunately its the flight back to LHR, then onwards to GLA, after flying into BRU returning from a LUX-HNL-BRU trip. No later flights that day and weve been rebooked on what will now effectively be a back-to-back, not gonna happen with luggage etc.

to be fair Im waiting on the whole trip being shelved....
Old Mar 16, 21, 4:43 pm

Wow theyve really chopped down LHR-BRU. I guess this is the start of the summer shakeup where we will see business destinations trimmed to the core and holiday destinations boosted to the max.
Old Mar 16, 21, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
13/7 my Avios booking BA114 21:30 dept: JFK-LHR looks to be gone. Appears I've been moved to BA0182 23:00 service. As yet no notification from Avios.
Old Mar 16, 21, 10:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Wow theyve really chopped down LHR-BRU. I guess this is the start of the summer shakeup where we will see business destinations trimmed to the core and holiday destinations boosted to the max.
As a non business flyer I'm quite disappointed for the BRU situation and I really hope it will improve later in the year. I don't think there could be not enough leisure traffic from here once limitations are lifted...
docsxx likes this.
Old Mar 17, 21, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If BA have cancelled a sector, but you are OK with the remaining sectors, you don't have to worry about the 300 mile rule, you can simply ask BA to cancel that sector altogether and fly the rest. You may get a bit of a refund, at least the TFC component. If you want the last LHR-BRU sector removed as well, then that's not automatically OK to drop, some agents will do it, but maybe that will also get cancelled anyway.

For DUB you would be on to fare difference, which of course is always worth checking, but unlikely to be interesting.
Is this enough of a reason to get our destination in the US changed? Were booked to BOS (in J but upgraded to F using avios) but our ultimate destination is Washington. Wed planned to hop an AA flight down to DCA but could we ask to be routed straight to IAD instead?
Old Mar 17, 21, 1:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Is this enough of a reason to get our destination in the US changed? Were booked to BOS (in J but upgraded to F using avios) but our ultimate destination is Washington. Wed planned to hop an AA flight down to DCA but could we ask to be routed straight to IAD instead?
Unfortunately no, not unless the BOS sector gets cancelled, in any case IAD is 413 miles from BOS so even that wouldn't necessarily be entertained. PHL would be OK, but as things stand I can't see BA turning BRU to BOS to DUB to IAD when they are still running services to all 4 locations.
andymcdonnell and Nephoi like this.
Old Mar 17, 21, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Unfortunately no, not unless the BOS sector gets cancelled, in any case IAD is 413 miles from BOS so even that wouldn't necessarily be entertained. PHL would be OK, but as things stand I can't see BA turning BRU to BOS to DUB to IAD when they are still running services to all 4 locations.
Cheers thanks CWS
Old Mar 17, 21, 8:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Lefly
As a non business flyer I'm quite disappointed for the BRU situation and I really hope it will improve later in the year. I don't think there could be not enough leisure traffic from here once limitations are lifted...
I think between Eurostar and LCCs who also serve the destination, if BA's corporate contracts don't have much traffic it's hard for them to compete.

And of course there no more MEPs to carry.

Search this Thread