FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   July 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2034276-july-2021-flight-cancellations-operational-changes.html)

Nephoi Feb 17, 2021 3:38 am

July 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

LHR-SOF-LHR had time changes . it seems that they are only operating one flight pair and moved them to 11:20 departure in LHR and 17:20 departure in SOF... no different flight times on different days anymore (except weekends)

BAeuro Mar 16, 2021 11:33 am

Just had my BHD-LHR flight in July cancelled.

I was due to depart at 19:25 and they’ve rebooked me onto the 15:15 flight. There’s now no later flight than 15:15 on any day...seems a bit nuts.

ECR Mar 16, 2021 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33104686)
Just had my BHD-LHR flight in July cancelled.

I was due to depart at 19:25 and they’ve rebooked me onto the 15:15 flight. There’s now no later flight than 15:15 on any day...seems a bit nuts.

That is pretty tough bearing in mind there used to be two evening flights at around 19.20 and 20.10. Just looking at a random day in July, your BA alternatives aren't much better with a flight to LCY at 17.05 or a BA codeshare on an Aer Lingus flight at 17.40.

If you really need to leave later the only alternative is Easyjet from BFS to LGW/LTN/STN, but unfortunately you don't get tier points or avios on those.

BAeuro Mar 16, 2021 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by ECR (Post 33104975)
That is pretty tough bearing in mind there used to be two evening flights at around 19.20 and 20.10. Just looking at a random day in July, your BA alternatives aren't much better with a flight to LCY at 17.05 or a BA codeshare on an Aer Lingus flight at 17.40.

If you really need to leave later the only alternative is Easyjet from BFS to LGW/LTN/STN, but unfortunately you don't get tier points or avios on those.

Yep, in 2019 in was 2 evening flights as you say, but they cut that down to 1 for S21. Now they’ve gone further and cancelled that, thus reducing LHR-BHD to 3 flights per day (and only 2 at the weekend!).

I was looking at BHD-LCY, but the 17:05 flight is only operated Tue-Fri. I also don’t fancy EI/EZY, so I guess I’ll just stay an extra night and come back the day after to LHR. Shame BA can’t pay for my extra night :D

andymcdonnell Mar 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Just had a BRU-LHR cancellation on a transatlantic booking (that I’m still hoping will happen). Notification says I’ve been rebooked to flight 5hrs earlier. Any chance I can ask them to rebook me ex DUB or drop the BRU leg entirely and start in LHR?

PGberkshire Mar 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell (Post 33105522)
Just had a BRU-LHR cancellation on a transatlantic booking (that I’m still hoping will happen). Notification says I’ve been rebooked to flight 5hrs earlier. Any chance I can ask them to rebook me ex DUB or drop the BRU leg entirely and start in LHR?

is it 300 miles change? if so 217.82 miles between LHR and BRU. DUB is too far.

corporate-wage-slave Mar 16, 2021 4:13 pm

If BA have cancelled a sector, but you are OK with the remaining sectors, you don't have to worry about the 300 mile rule, you can simply ask BA to cancel that sector altogether and fly the rest. You may get a bit of a refund, at least the TFC component. If you want the last LHR-BRU sector removed as well, then that's not automatically OK to drop, some agents will do it, but maybe that will also get cancelled anyway.

For DUB you would be on to fare difference, which of course is always worth checking, but unlikely to be interesting.

GK1981 Mar 16, 2021 4:39 pm

same here for August, unfortunately it’s the flight back to LHR, then onwards to GLA, after flying into BRU returning from a LUX-HNL-BRU trip. No later flights that day and we’ve been rebooked on what will now effectively be a back-to-back, not gonna happen with luggage etc.

to be fair I’m waiting on the whole trip being shelved....

BAeuro Mar 16, 2021 4:43 pm

Wow they’ve really chopped down LHR-BRU. I guess this is the start of the summer shakeup where we will see business destinations trimmed to the core and holiday destinations boosted to the max.

MM00LL2 Mar 16, 2021 4:52 pm

13/7 my Avios booking BA114 21:30 dept: JFK-LHR looks to be gone. Appears I've been moved to BA0182 23:00 service. As yet no notification from Avios.

Lefly Mar 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro (Post 33105611)
Wow they’ve really chopped down LHR-BRU. I guess this is the start of the summer shakeup where we will see business destinations trimmed to the core and holiday destinations boosted to the max.

As a non business flyer I'm quite disappointed for the BRU situation and I really hope it will improve later in the year. I don't think there could be not enough leisure traffic from here once limitations are lifted...

andymcdonnell Mar 17, 2021 12:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 33105549)
If BA have cancelled a sector, but you are OK with the remaining sectors, you don't have to worry about the 300 mile rule, you can simply ask BA to cancel that sector altogether and fly the rest. You may get a bit of a refund, at least the TFC component. If you want the last LHR-BRU sector removed as well, then that's not automatically OK to drop, some agents will do it, but maybe that will also get cancelled anyway.

For DUB you would be on to fare difference, which of course is always worth checking, but unlikely to be interesting.

Is this enough of a reason to get our destination in the US changed? We’re booked to BOS (in J but upgraded to F using avios) but our ultimate destination is Washington. We’d planned to hop an AA flight down to DCA but could we ask to be routed straight to IAD instead?

corporate-wage-slave Mar 17, 2021 1:11 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell (Post 33106325)
Is this enough of a reason to get our destination in the US changed? We’re booked to BOS (in J but upgraded to F using avios) but our ultimate destination is Washington. We’d planned to hop an AA flight down to DCA but could we ask to be routed straight to IAD instead?

Unfortunately no, not unless the BOS sector gets cancelled, in any case IAD is 413 miles from BOS so even that wouldn't necessarily be entertained. PHL would be OK, but as things stand I can't see BA turning BRU to BOS to DUB to IAD when they are still running services to all 4 locations.

andymcdonnell Mar 17, 2021 3:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 33106393)
Unfortunately no, not unless the BOS sector gets cancelled, in any case IAD is 413 miles from BOS so even that wouldn't necessarily be entertained. PHL would be OK, but as things stand I can't see BA turning BRU to BOS to DUB to IAD when they are still running services to all 4 locations.

Cheers thanks CWS

alex67500 Mar 17, 2021 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 33106253)
As a non business flyer I'm quite disappointed for the BRU situation and I really hope it will improve later in the year. I don't think there could be not enough leisure traffic from here once limitations are lifted...

I think between Eurostar and LCCs who also serve the destination, if BA's corporate contracts don't have much traffic it's hard for them to compete.

And of course there no more MEPs to carry.