Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

June 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

June 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Old May 15, 2021, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sammyg901
No. You could try Swiss or Lufthansa though - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8216
Many thanks.
would they rebook the longhaul (not cancelled) too, LX HKG-ZRH-CDG, or would I need to do HKG-LHR on BA then LHR-FRA-CDG on LH which would take all day?
Old May 15, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Oxymore
Make sure you are not using US as a point of sale for BA flights on EF. There is a bug that returns 0 for all BA flights when using US as a point of sale.
Thank you so much! US point of sale was the issue. And also to TBS, true indeed on the "do you feel lucky?".

Incidentally, this is probably the only place that anyone won't think I'm crazy for saying that I crave being back in the air....
Old May 15, 2021, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Many thanks.
would they rebook the longhaul (not cancelled) too, LX HKG-ZRH-CDG, or would I need to do HKG-LHR on BA then LHR-FRA-CDG on LH which would take all day?
Think you'd just have to give it a go and push that isn't a reasonable option for you
brunos likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
CHQ-LHR on 9 June cancelled. Outbound flight on 5 June still OK at the moment and looks very full on EF. Strange. I'll have to cancel as there doesn't seem to be any return flights so I assume the outbound will be cancelled shortly too....
Old May 15, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by sammyg901
They won't rebook you on SN. You could see if there is a Lufthansa/Swiss/Austrian option that is less than 7hrs as they'd be able to book you on that. Otherwise you could use the small claims online MCOL service to recover the difference if you end up buying the SN ticket yourself
Thanks for the help!
sammyg901 and WindowSeatFlyer like this.
Old May 15, 2021, 2:07 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
LHR-BDA reduced from five to two weekly for the first two weeks in June. TravelHealthPro reports that 'Based on currently available information, there is a high risk of exposure to COVID-19 in this country.' (Bermuda)
Old May 16, 2021, 4:29 am

Programs: GGLfL
The on JFK-LHR flight early June has quietly changed from a 2300 departure to a 2135 departure. No notifications sent out at anyone in our bookings. Hopefully people will check the timings of the flight at OLCI, otherwise there will be a lot of people showing up around 2100 and missing the flight!
Old May 16, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: Meow Mix
LHR-BER cancelled for 19 JUN 2021 - seems odd because there are other LHR-BERs on either side of these dates.

I wonder why?
Old May 16, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by angeloedades
LHR-BER cancelled for 19 JUN 2021 - seems odd because there are other LHR-BERs on either side of these dates.

I wonder why?
It's not only 19 June that's canx, though, is it? There's a consistent pattern.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's not only 19 June that's canx, though, is it? There's a consistent pattern.
i see somekind of pattern but i wont call it "consisent"
starting JUN01
its
- no service on Tuesday and wedneyday
- a morning rotation thu,
- a morning rotation FRI,
- no saturday service,
- a sunday midday rotation,
- two rotations on monday
- no services on tuesday and wedney day,
- two rotations on thursday
- two rotations on friday
- no service on saturday
- a sunday midday rotation,
- two rotations on monday
- no services on tuesday and wednesday
- two rotations on Thursday
- two rotations on friday
- no service on Saturday
- one rotation on Sunday
--- end of trimmed schedule
- 4 rotations per day starting JUN21
Old May 16, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
May have been noted upthread (but hard to check), LCY boarding sequence for E190 is rows 8-19 first and then the other rows.

nice to see people not make a lunge for the queue as soon as the gate agent starts to speak!

(feel this comes under “operational changes” in thread title, but if better elsewhere pls ask Mods to move)
Nephoi likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
May have been noted upthread (but hard to check), LCY boarding sequence for E190 is rows 8-19 first and then the other rows.

nice to see people not make a lunge for the queue as soon as the gate agent starts to speak!

(feel this comes under “operational changes” in thread title, but if better elsewhere pls ask Mods to move)
fun fact: there are numerous videos on youtube of how to improve boarding sequences. long story short: best system (as far as I remember correct) is WilMA (window middle aisle) on alternating odd and even rows in an order from back to front (1 door boarding) or middle to either end (2 door boarding): starting odd Window, then even window, then odd middle, then even middle, then odd aisle and even aisle last.
its simply not implemented cause customers wont find that system "fair". and DKYWIA? im a gold member!!! i want to board in group 1!!!
Old May 16, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Le Club Accorhotels Plat; Marriott Gold
BA is selling tickets to Moscow for June. How come since Russia is closed for Brits due to pandemic and there are no direct flights? Or does this mean they will resume? Has anyone heard any announcements?
Old May 16, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by tenn_ace
BA is selling tickets to Moscow for June. How come since Russia is closed for Brits due to pandemic and there are no direct flights? Or does this mean they will resume? Has anyone heard any announcements?
It's the same as every other destination and route for which airlines are selling tickets for flights that may or may not operate. If the flight is later cancelled, you will have certain rights. Even if the flight is not cancelled, you have some rights. The selling of tickets now is no promise that there will be a flight.
Nephoi and ISTFlyer like this.
Old May 17, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
Just had an e-mail for 4th June BA0554 LHR-FCO to notify me that there is a seating change, added an equipment change now changed from an A320 to 777.

think there is some sort of glitch.....

The seat map is showing 2-4-2 layout in rows 12-40 (economy on the 777 should be 3-3-3) .... and they have put us in J (described as aisle) and H (described as middle, which isn't a middle on the 3-3-3 layout, but doesn't appear on the seat map anyway for 2-4-2).

Last edited by Giblets; May 17, 2021 at 4:12 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.