Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

My case is stuck in India instead of Italy - still shown as missing on WorldTracer!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My case is stuck in India instead of Italy - still shown as missing on WorldTracer!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Lost luggage is (at least in most airports, maybe not in some tiny one's only served twice a week..) airside, thus you won't pass customs with not-your-bag. (Which might be dangerous, in case the other person packed non-legal items into it)

Of course you could also approach lost luggage without the bag in question and explain the situation (Depending on their language skills, it might make it slightly more difficult, and they won't leave their station to grab the bag from the belt for you)
Just to explain how BA dealt with this at Gatwick (and I am guessing would be the same at Heathow) as far as I recall it - was a couple of years ago, but still after the South terminal move.

The staff member did come out of the office and get the other bag off the belt. They then used the tag to look up the passenger’s mobile number. Having turned them round from the taxi queue they were directed to the BA check in zone.

They then needed to do some paperwork with the bag and take it through the red channel and use the phone to Customs to explain the situation. We then went to the BA check in zone to do the swop.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i have fortunately only had lost luggage three times in my life and hundreds of flights later. twice on AA and once on BA and all were found and returned within a few days thankfully. i would never pack anything truly valuable in my bags and always am ready for the fact that it very well can be lost and im ok with that. annoyed, but ok. so i can see why it would take time for BA to find something like this, especially given most airport ops are not running at full staffing these days.

that said, there are times when i get home with my bag, and it will sit in my entry hall for weeks before i even open it because thats just how i am. of course i always check the tags before taking it out of the airport, but im just saying the other pax could have easily gone a few days before opening or noticing it was not their bag.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
[QUOTE=_kurt;33046593]That’s funny, I would be fine using the razor but I wouldn’t trust the Kindle ever again even with a factory reset. Once a device is outside your possession someone could have installed anything. A razor can be inspected and disinfected.

What is this paranoia?

Has COVID made people go mad?
GrumpyYoungMan and mnhusker like this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 2:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Will100
[
What is this paranoia?
Have you not heard the of spyware/virus that is running riot on Kindles?

No? Neither have I
Will100 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Have you not heard the of spyware/virus that is running riot on Kindles?

No? Neither have I
I mean, bad lost, bag (potentially) returned, great.

I’d assume it hasn’t been abducted by the Kindle assassins 😎😎😂😂😂😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.