Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by camdentown
ALC (Alicante) seems to have disappeared from the timetable from November.
Traditionally a Gatwick route ...
No ALC at all this winter I believe from LGW or LHR
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Anyone know if the LGW- Barbados service is still scheduled to operate this winter?

Flight next month still showing as operating on BAs site but a few other places including FR24 can find no record of the flight actually operating?

Personally wouldn’t mind a LHR departure, but would be good to know either way before too long!
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:29 am

BGI is now winter-only from LGW which is why you cannot find anything on FR24 (its still summer at present). Flights look busy on BGI so I cannot see why BA would not fly from both LHR and LGW this winter to BGI.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by GSTBD
…. Flights look busy on BGI so I cannot see why BA would not fly from both LHR and LGW this winter to BGI.
As with ANU from both airports, of course.
I could guess that as more destinations become ‘manageable’ for pax, congestion at LHR might drive BA to operating more l/h from LGW for we winter sun-seekers.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: British Airways Exec, Virgin Atlantic
I am still sitting on cancelled Gatwick Seville Flights for July 22 and Seville Gatwick for August 22. Is anything happening with Gatwick or should I switch to GiB?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by Jammers20
I am still sitting on cancelled Gatwick Seville Flights for July 22 and Seville Gatwick for August 22. Is anything happening with Gatwick or should I switch to GiB?
do nothing for 6 months (at least) hold on to that flexibility rather than lock in something now.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:55 am

I agree with the previous response, as in do nothing. I had LGW FAO flights for next June and flights have already been moved to LHR a good few weeks ago.
Jammers20 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I agree with the previous response, as in do nothing. I had LGW FAO flights for next June and flights have already been moved to LHR a good few weeks ago.
I will, just that there are no Seville flights next summer from Heathrow and whilst I don't mind flying to Gibraltar I don't want to leave it so long there are no seats left.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
You never know you may well find that BA will be flying to Seville from Gatwick next Summer anyway. They seem to be pushing ahead with the new short haul subsidiary plans.
Jammers20 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I will, just that there are no Seville flights next summer from Heathrow and whilst I don't mind flying to Gibraltar I don't want to leave it so long there are no seats left.
Most bookings are made in the last 8 weeks prior to departure. So I wouldnt worry too much, unless theres something like the Gibraltar Grand Prix happening at the same time. Now your flight has been cancelled they willl even book you into the most expensive booking classes anyway if it does start to fill up.
Jammers20 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:49 am

Ok thanks
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Never pounce too soon, you only get one shot at a change to suit you. We've seen many examples of people accepting early options and then complaining when their original or a better option opens up
A P Yu and Jammers20 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
So.....looking at a trip to DBV this summer for work (and some play). Routing there will be via IB from IAD or JFK. The return options are: DBV-LGW-JFK with about a 90-minute layover or DBV-LGW ... LHR-IAD with a four-hour layover. Not thrilled with flying via LGW to NYC and am not thrilled with having to do a manual transit which means customs and bus/train.

Any idea if BA will return DBV to LHR, or are the chances good that I'm stuck with two not so pleasant choices?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Any idea if BA will return DBV to LHR, or are the chances good that I'm stuck with two not so pleasant choices?
Cant say for certain, but DBV has traditionally been a LGW route so I doubt it will go back to LHR.

As an alternative, if you have a bit of time you could take the catamaran from DBV to Split and fly back to LHR from there. Takes about 4.5 hours but it’s a more scenic journey that’s LGW-LHR would be!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by volar
Cant say for certain, but DBV has traditionally been a LGW route so I doubt it will go back to LHR.

As an alternative, if you have a bit of time you could take the catamaran from DBV to Split and fly back to LHR from there. Takes about 4.5 hours but it’s a more scenic journey that’s LGW-LHR would be!
Interesting option! Thank you. I assume then that last year's LHR-DBV service was a COVID-influenced exception then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.