Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Eaunoire
I was booked to PMI, they just moved me to LHR.
I had to move myself!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:02 am

I was booked to PMI, they just moved me to LHR.
when were you booked for? mine on 22nd july still shows running in app
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
when were you booked for? mine on 22nd july still shows running in app
6th August
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:31 am

6th August

ah just checked on webpage and showing cancelled
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
It is indeed frustrating not knowing exactly what is happening, however much of this is being driven by events outside BA or any other airlines's control. Until the Government says what is happening with these so called Air Bridges, or quarantining upon return, it is hard to forward plan. I'm afraid that all our patience is wearing thin, but we can only wait. These rolling cancellations have far from abated - and I suspect that if the US keep their ban, then a lot of Transatlantic aircraft will not be flying.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you are keen to travel and aren't too bothered by LHR versus LGW versus LCY, then I would book if you see a reasonable fare. The removal of (say) LGW would only push fares higher overall, but holding a LGW booking would allow you a free switch to LHR or LCY. You would need to stay on top of the situation on routes where seats are selling out. I've highlighted AGP, I suspect some other Spanish resorts will be similar, but it won't be the case for all places.
BA must've heard me, just had an email to say "Seat changes for British Airways booking:", clicked on the link and it led to a page advising the LGW-ACE flights were cancelled, one of the options given was to take an alternative booking.

'click', this showed the flights have simply moved to LHR (seats as I'd selected months ago), I gladly accepted that!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My outbound has now flipped to LHR, with a change of flight number (albeit still in the LGW 4 digit range) with only a marginal change in timings. The messaging is a bit crap though:

* app just shows the original flight as cancelled
* an email announcing a seat change (even though they have preserved the seat numbers i was allocated
* MMB correctly shows the cancellation and rebooking

quite pleased with the shift to LHR - First Wing and a coffee in GF (even if it will be full with Silvers maximising the experience &#128521
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Return now flipped over too.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC
So will every route get switched to LHR or just the ones they want to keep? Some services like Bordeaux still arent showing any flights.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Looks like my LGW-ACE holiday booking (with a car) has automatically rebooked to LHR in the App
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Flight to HER cancelled from LGW, phoned up and moved it to LHR. Lost our exit row seats, grrr
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
My outbound has now flipped to LHR, with a change of flight number (albeit still in the LGW 4 digit range) with only a marginal change in timings. The messaging is a bit crap though:

* app just shows the original flight as cancelled
* an email announcing a seat change (even though they have preserved the seat numbers i was allocated
* MMB correctly shows the cancellation and rebooking

quite pleased with the shift to LHR - First Wing and a coffee in GF (even if it will be full with Silvers maximising the experience &#128521

Gahhh both options to accept or choose alternative flights errored out

On hold now to Gold Line - imagine it's going to be a busy time for the call centre. Annoyingly two bookings of two so hope we all get the same switch across
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
My LGW IBZ have just switched in the app to Heathrow
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver
My LGW-JER on 01/09 just got switched to LHR - saw the seating change email and looked at MMB to confirm my suspicions.

Not too fussed as LHR suits me better...also, cash prices are at least 3x across the board now! (400 in J!)
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
My BA2786 LGW to Bordeaux flight on 1st August has now changed to Heathrow too, same times. Flight back on 5th not yet updated.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by dalbyl
My BA2786 LGW to Bordeaux flight on 1st August has now changed to Heathrow too, same times. Flight back on 5th not yet updated.
I think there is some pruning along side the the switching. Ive had a CTA flight cancelled with the daily service reduced to 4x.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.