Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy for the Win!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gms
They weren't. Look at the date shown in the original post.
I’ll share here the seat maps at 15:30 on Sunday for my BA269 from LHR to LAX. I’ll take the screenshots right at the point of departure.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
But you still have to sit in economy seats (and eat economy food), not much of a win on route to a luxury holiday.
Yes you take a seat, but on a night flight and with an entire row to yourself (and a spare row both in front and behind) I would have happily saved $2k PP.
Note that on the return leg of our SEZ flights we had the same cardboard box meals as economy... here is meal no.2. (to be fair the OUTBOUND cardboard box in club was actually really good)

this was the 2nd meal...
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Yes you take a seat, but on a night flight and with an entire row to yourself (and a spare row both in front and behind) I would have happily saved $2k PP.
Yep, the only reason we fly in CW is to get a decent night's sleep.

Had numerous holidays to Asia/Oz ruined by being a zombie for the first 2-3 days as not slept on the flight over in economy.

Otherwise, happy to sit in the cheap seats and spend the 2-3 bags on a nice hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.