Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA e-Store

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 4:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by xenole
I bought a Lego set a couple of days ago, and it says "up to 10 Avios/£. Was 5).
Got the email saying I've earned 3 Avios / £.

Never had an issue like this before, although this is a higher value item, so I'm possibly getting screwed over due to that.

Will be chasing that one up.
Just to check : was this one of those high value items that's 'Exclusive' to the Lego site ? The T&Cs say "You will earn a lower reward when purchasing Exclusive products", but fail to state what the lower reward rate actually is. IME, it's 3 Avios/£.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just to check : was this one of those high value item that's 'Exclusive' to the Lego site ? The T&Cs say "You will earn a lower reward when purchasing Exclusive products", but fail to state what the lower reward rate actually is. IME, it's 3 Avios/£.
No. It's available at a few other places, and doesn't appear under the exclusive bit on the site either.
Have had items before that were "exclusive" to Lego (and maybe another store such as John Lewis) and they've been fine.
Will chase it up when my invoice gets emailed to me as they seem to want a image of that.

Impossible to submit a claim, as in true BA tradition, the submit button doesn't work. Possibly date related, possibly not.

Last edited by xenole; May 6, 2021 at 6:42 am
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Is anyone else having problems logging in to the e-store or is their IT enhancement still only half done?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
I managed to get in fine on Tuesday and it seemed to work just fine. Received emails yesterday notifying that both purchases had registered and when my avios would be available.

A couple of purchases I made before the IT downtime didn't track at all, however. At only around 200 avios combined, they are not worth pursuing.
PlaneSpeaking likes this.

Last edited by Bohinjska Bistrica; Nov 25, 2021 at 4:27 am
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
I managed to get in fine on Tuesday and it seemed to work just fine. Received emails yesterday notifying that both purchases had registered and when my avios would be available.

A couple of purchases I made before the IT downtime didn't track at all, however. At Only arpijd 200 avios combined, they are not worth pursuing.
cz

Thank you - I’ll keep trying!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:43 am

No. It's available at a few other places, and doesn't appear under the exclusive bit on the site either.
Have had items before that were "exclusive" to Lego (and maybe another store such as John Lewis) and they've been fine.
Will chase it up when my invoice gets emailed to me as they seem to want a image of that.

Impossible to submit a claim, as in true BA tradition, the submit button doesn't work. Possibly date related, possibly not.
I had to chase them up a while ago for an "exclusive" Lego item that was also sold elsewhere. Did get the extra 3000+ Avios after a week or so.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Hi, recently made a purchase with Sainsburys click and collect. At the 20/1 offer they should owe me over 2000 avios for the transaction (first time user). However the transaction did not come through. I tried filing online and it says that Sainsburys don't review missing avios. I have submitted to BA the receipt and the evidence of using the e-store. Am I likely to be out of luck for this?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:25 am

Has anyone ever had anything for AirBnB pay out? Have used them a few times this year, but no sign of anything.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone ever had anything for AirBnB pay out? Have used them a few times this year, but no sign of anything.
Yes, in August this year, for a July transaction. First time I had used the eStore for the AirBnB booking.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
After noticing for the first time that Hilton is on the eStore portal (I haven't seen it before there), I cancelled and rebooked some flexible bookings. It doesn't seem to have tracked though. Has anyone else had issues with Hilton bookings?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:52 am

It’s hit and miss for me too although I’ve noticed I seem to have more luck on my laptop (Windows) than I do with my iPad.
headingwest likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by headingwest
After noticing for the first time that Hilton is on the eStore portal (I haven't seen it before there), I cancelled and rebooked some flexible bookings. It doesn't seem to have tracked though. Has anyone else had issues with Hilton bookings?
Hilton is, for me, by far the worst offending merchant for not tracking or declining with garbage reasons months after the stay. There was the extremely annoying pull out from all portals completely a few years back wiping all pending amounts from all the various portals. I lost £'00s on that (Waldorf Astoria Palm bookings).

When it came back on a few months ago I used the aer lingus estore - they have tracked ok. As to payout - who knows.... I consider portals a bonus and with Hilton a very very lucky bonus if it actually pays.
Markie and headingwest like this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 6:07 am

Hilton used to be there in the past. Can't be bothered searching all the different sites to see if any of them earn anything.

IHG seem fine for me, although sometimes they pay out at 3x rather than the say 6-8x Avios rate that was going when you booked. Some take a few days, others months later which makes things harder to see if you've been awarded correctly (but then again, anything is a bonus and I don't scrutinise things too closely).

AirBnB I've given up on through the e-store. 100% non-tracking on different devices.
Easier to buy an AirBnB gift card (£60 and above I believe) and get 7.5% cashback a day or two later from a popular cashback site.

Got 5% cashback on an IHG booking in my Lloyds account at present. May combine that with the 6x Avios going at present through the e-store.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Still not getting Hilton to track, I even tried via the Aer Lingus eStore. Has anybody actually managed to get Hilton to track recently!?

'Booking.com' seems to have a 100% tracking rate, but Accor and Hilton are hopeless!
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Airbnb declined following a chaser.

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your recent booking with Airbnb made on 10 May 2023 for a stay on 15 May 2023.

I am unable to credit Avios to your account as you did not make this booking through the British Airways website.
Meh. Inaccurate as of course I booked through the portal using a sterile browser. I’d have bought the Airbnb in any event and assumed the e-store would be unlikely to pay, but thought I’d give it a go. Topcashback gift cards for UK £ Airbnb in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.