Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I suggest you look at some of the other connecting itinerary posts upthread, and perhaps my explanation of ADOC. But the short version is don't worry, don't call BA, just turn up at AMS about 3 hours to departure and AMS will issue your boarding passes within a minute or two if you have done VeriFLY. The 3 hour business is due to security at AMS, nothing to do with this, and tomorrow is a peak day according to their own blog.
It is really weird. I took the time and found the boarding passes that I received at the check in desk back in February and on the BS there is the “ADOC” indeed, BUT if I didn't need to check in my suitcases I could go right to the gate with the boarding passes from OLCI in my phone. The exactly same happend in December 2021 and as I mention all three reservations were done the same and only with the last one there were problems. Everytime green tick on verifly.
So either they changed something or they have another buf in their IT
Old May 4, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I suggest you look at some of the other connecting itinerary posts upthread, and perhaps my explanation of ADOC. But the short version is don't worry, don't call BA, just turn up at AMS about 3 hours to departure and AMS will issue your boarding passes within a minute or two if you have done VeriFLY. The 3 hour business is due to security at AMS, nothing to do with this, and tomorrow is a peak day according to their own blog.
As ever, C-W-S’s advice was spot on (thank you). I got to Schiphol at 06:45, waited 20 mins to get seen at the BA check in desk. They checked my VeriFLY, asked to see my ESTA (for my onward DFW flight), and issued me with boarding passes (which I could then pick up on my phone). Whole process took about 2 minutes, so panic over.

Pleasant surprise with security - the queues were non-existent so I was through and in the lounge about 10 mins after picking up my boarding passes.
Old May 6, 2022, 1:42 am

This is the sort of niche case, affecting less than 1% of passengers, that VeriFLY won't be accommodating. I don't think it matters much, just act as a visitor to the USA, since the rules are broadly similar to those for citizens so long as you are vaccinated.
Just leaving a definitive answer for this here. Don’t know if this was updated in a dynamic web page in the app but there is an item in the attestation form as to whether you are a US citizen or resident. Answering yes removes the vax status item in the previous checklist page when you get back. That might explain the serial nature of the checklist. May be it has always been there. You don’t see it until you are allowed to attest and then you attest for the test and scroll down. That also controls whether you see the additional non-resident attestation.

They could have put it in the previous checklist items screen for better UX and allowed parallel uploading instead.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Completed the Verifly steps successfully for a trip to the US tomorrow. I used the Klarity plus NHS test route which was straight forward and all accepted.

Quick question.. I assume I only need to complete Verifly for the outbound to the US (ex LHR) and I don’t need to use Verifly or anything else for the return trip? Thanks
Old May 6, 2022, 7:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Correct. Let us know if OLCI works for you. If you need to do a passport scan then you can use the self service machines in T5 to get that aspect dealt with quickly.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Correct. Let us know if OLCI works for you. If you need to do a passport scan then you can use the self service machines in T5 to get that aspect dealt with quickly.
The outbound is with AA. At first the AA website said that Verifly was not completed. It was because I hadn’t completed the final Verifly step to say I had a valid passport etc… that then gave me the Verifly green tick.

However AA check in now displays this message:-

Please check in with an agent at the airport.

Which is fine. Feeling quite relaxed.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ah ok, that's different. So you need to use the AA flight number, the AA airline in VeriFLY and the SABRE PNR. Not the BA equivalents.
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I suggest you read up on some of the recent posts, and I gave a technical explanation about ADOC and how it works on multi sectors. But the summary version is that this is normal, OLCO may work in a few hours, but if it doesn't a quick flash of the VeriFLY tick at check in will produce the boarding passes. I'd only allow a few extra minutes for this process at EDI and you should not be concerned at all abou this.
Thanks, was wondering what was going on with this but should have guess BA as usual can only cope with a simple from/to LHR itinerary and not connecting flights Annoying not to be able to OLCI.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:57 pm

Here is another idiotic consequence of Verifly’s braindead design. If you are connecting to US via LHR from somewhere and even if all flights are on the same date, it will not allow you to upload the test result until it is the “previous day” in London not your origin which it knows nothing about. As long as the test result specifies and satisfies the previous day requirement in its date which Daon can verify, why make people wait to submit it until it is past midnight in London? People do connect from Far East timzones and have the test in hand earlier than that.

I think they used just one slmple test case for requirements and to test the app.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Weirdly the ADOC issue seemed to resolve overnight and I was able to OLCI - albeit staff still wanted to see VeriFLY at checkin. Not sure if any sort of manual/matching process is run overnight?
Old May 8, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Where does it say you need to use VeriFLY? I’m off to SIN soon and keep looking at mmb but there’s no mention of VeriFLY anywhere.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Where does it say you need to use VeriFLY? I’m off to SIN soon and keep looking at mmb but there’s no mention of VeriFLY anywhere.
I think SIN is Document Upload / Salesforce, not VeriFLY. You would normally get some emails about it around 2 or 3 days to departure directing you to the correct channel. Once you are within 3 days of departure then you don't need to wait, you can just use Salesforce.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
I think SIN is Document Upload / Salesforce, not VeriFLY. You would normally get some emails about it around 2 or 3 days to departure directing you to the correct channel. Once you are within 3 days of departure then you don't need to wait, you can just use Salesforce.
Thank you.
Old May 8, 2022, 6:44 am

I’ve received my all clear from VeriFLY but BA won’t let me OLCI for CDG LHR LAX tomorrow. It keeps saying Covid docs need to be validated. Normally I would be fine waiting to check in at the airport but this is for an 0640 departure so the extra time really makes a difference.

I wonder if it’s my US address—I must have updated that a dozen times but each time MMB insists that “more information is required” even after I get a green “information complete.”
Old May 8, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by prof
I’ve received my all clear from VeriFLY but BA won’t let me OLCI for CDG LHR LAX tomorrow. It keeps saying Covid docs need to be validated. Normally I would be fine waiting to check in at the airport but this is for an 0640 departure so the extra time really makes a difference.

I wonder if it’s my US address—I must have updated that a dozen times but each time MMB insists that “more information is required” even after I get a green “information complete.”
No, it's just the connection / on-carriage. See the more recent posts in this thread, and my explanation about ADOC upthread. OLCI may work later today or tomorrow morning, but in any event all CDG need to see is the VeriFLY tick.
prof, EDIflyer and MaxFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.