Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:53 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Have there been any experiences using Verifly USA-->UK for those on a BA booking/ticket but the flight is a BA codeshare on AA metal? As I would be checking in with AA, does that mean I would have to follow AA's Verifly procedures?

Thanks so much for any information (however anecdotal it may be!) Apologies if I missed it elsewhere in the thread.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt
I flew LHR - NCE last week. I had completed all the VeriFLY information. I was able to check in online but couldn’t download a boarding pass. At the airport I asked the agent why. He put it down to BA’s IT but crucially he said he could see all the VeriFLY information on his screen. So it seems there is some sort of data transfer going on in the background.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flew JTR-LHR last Monday (19th) in CE. VeriFLY all completed on the day before but unable to check in online. Check in agent asked for vaccination status etc documents. When shown the VeriFLY app, he glanced at it but didn't appear to know what it was. However, he didn't ask for anything else so we were on our way.

There were no checks at the UK Border in T5 on arrival and getting through the self-service passport machines was quick. Even though the queue to get to them looked daunting, I would say it took no more than 5-10 minutes total. By far the longest wait - another 30-40 minutes - was for bags.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Does anyone know what the “arrival test reference number” is on the VeriFLY app? It’s a requirement that goes along with the uk govt travel authorization form, but I don’t have the slightest idea what it is. I will just be transiting through heathrow on the way back to the US
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
[QUOTE=fender5787;33433692]Does anyone know what the “arrival test reference number” is on the VeriFLY app? It’s a requirement that goes along with the uk govt travel authorization form, but I don’t have the slightest idea what it is. I will just be transiting through heathrow on the way back to the US

I believe that’s where we entered “0000000” - transit passengers do not need the UK test to release kit. Or is that where we scanned in the UK PLF QR code? It all blends toegether….
Old Jul 25, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Well… the least said about FNC check in today, the better! Over an hour… very poorly managed. Reason for posting here is that they told me that VeriFLY doesn’t work at FNC, even though I got two emails and two texts from BA telling me to use it….
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Originally Posted by pH
Have there been any experiences using Verifly USA-->UK for those on a BA booking/ticket but the flight is a BA codeshare on AA metal? As I would be checking in with AA, does that mean I would have to follow AA's Verifly procedures?

Thanks so much for any information (however anecdotal it may be!) Apologies if I missed it elsewhere in the thread.
Yes on 21 July I (attempted) to fly AUS-DFW-LHR-SPU on a BA ticket with AUS-DFW-LHR on AA metal. AUS-DFW was canceled as I arrived at the airport so I spent a lot of time with the AA TA as he re-booked me AUS-MIA-LHR. During the rebooking he asked if I had used Verifly and I told him I had. He looked at the app and tapped a few things but accepted it quickly. Never had to show my paper covid test result or PLF BUT I was not able to check in online the day before. I did passes for a trip to the UK and one for a trip to Croatia. Got the green checkmarks for both trips pretty quickly from when I submitted docs.

Annoyingly my ticket kept getting canceled every hour and I'd have to have someone reinstate my ticket. I was going to post a new topic here to complain but figured there was no point and there probably wasn't any lesson to be shared.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
I filled in the sections but had to make a change to my PLF since I submitted it.

how do I upload the new PLF (wrong info about the date arrived at location)

do I have to delete myself and add the whole info again or do I just show the up to date PLF to border force when I arrive in LHR?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
[QUOTE=QT31415;33434343]
Originally Posted by fender5787
Does anyone know what the “arrival test reference number” is on the VeriFLY app? It’s a requirement that goes along with the uk govt travel authorization form, but I don’t have the slightest idea what it is. I will just be transiting through heathrow on the way back to the US

I believe that’s where we entered “0000000” - transit passengers do not need the UK test to release kit. Or is that where we scanned in the UK PLF QR code? It all blends toegether….
In the app ref number box I couldn’t figure out how to add the number so I had to send the QR code to my work mobile and then scanned that.

in the arrival test reference I put my randox reference number for my test
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:54 am

I noticed today that it thinks BA2157 is flying from LHR to GND, not LGW. Either it knows something I don't or this is an error
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:33 pm

PRN-LHR today. Completed Verifly, did OLCI and was able to download BP. As the airport was bit of a zoo, I was happy I was HBO and had everything sorted. Until I tried to enter airside, scanned my BP and got a message that every pax has to visit check-in desk. No communication from BA about that and no visible signs in the airport.
Luckily I had enough time and returned downstairs. About 15 or so people in front of me in Club queue, six of them had a brief chat with agent and then stood aside frantically tapping on their phones, presumably filling PLFs/booking tests/whatever. Didn't see some of them on the flight later.
After 40 minutes it was my turn. Handed the agent my passport which she looked at and asked if I have any other document with me . I expressed my confusion and she asked if I have an ID valid for travel. I pointed out that it's my passport, which is a form of ID and valid for travel, that seemed to satisfy her. Next I was asked for Covid test and PLF, I showed Verifly green tick. What followed was predictable - "what is that? I don't need that, I need to see Covid test and PLF!" Handed her test certificate (test performed on 29th of July and anticipating issues less than 72 hours before departure). Quick look and she said she can't accept that as it's not recent enough. Bit of arguing from me and after using calendar and her fingers to count she agreed that certificate is valid. Next she took my PLF which she read in full, but without any additional comments or questions, paper BP issued and I was good to go.
If anyone needs a test in Pristina, there's a big testing centre next to the airport, LFTs were €15 and PCRs €35, don't know their turnaround times though.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
My wife and I recently completed RT travel from SAN-DFW-LHR-GVA. We used VeriFly successfully both ways. Gate agents seemed pleased we had the green check marks. Though we did need to show completed paper UK PLF forms on arrival at LHR to a government rep at the gate to proceed for transit to DFW.

The application reference number came from the completed UK PLF forms. Outbound, I entered it manually from the completed paper forms. Inbound, I scanned the QR code from the UK PLF form using my iPad.

For the arrival test reference number, outbound I used the "Accession Number" on my paper US test results. That worked fine and figured it matched my paper results. Inbound, from my COVID tests done in France, I used the "Dossier Number" from my paper results. Again, figured it matched my paper work if examined closely.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:14 am

Not in use at CHQ (Chania, Greece)

Tried to use the VeriFLY app (29/07/21) when we checked in at CHQ with no luck. They called the supervisor but refused and made us show all the individual documents on our phones.

Somewhat frustrating when BA tells you to use it and you spend an hour making sure the all the family had downloaded the app and uploaded everything.
endoman, LCSinTexas and oceanscape like this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
I have just completed my Verify for two upcoming flights. Overall it went pretty smooth but a minor hiccup when uploading my CDC card as a proof of vaccination. First couple of times a scan of my CDC card got rejected with no explanation, which got me wondering if they wanted my GP record or the scan I submitted was of a poor quality. DMed Verify team - no response, but third time a charm, they accepted this same scan. Not sure if that was due to my whining or my persistence.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
I was very surprised to have it accepted with a smile at CFU airport at the weekend. Although her colleague on the next check-in desk did notice and question her about what I was showing. All checked in, bags labelled and boarding pass issued in less than a minute. On arrival into LHR the e-gates worked and I didn't have show paperwork to anyone.
ianwall likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.