Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by dennyzrh
Verifly approved, but no OLCI for JFK-LHR-ZRH…. OLCI says: Error. We’re sorry, your OLCI can’t be completed right now. A BA representative have to check our Passport before you fly
Same last week for ZRH-LHR-SFO
This is a problem that has persisted with BA since at least Oct of last year. Not necessarily a Verify issue. Happened when BA alowed document uploads to their site and sent verified emails saying ine can do OLCI but still threw up that error when trying OLCI for many (requiring document verification at the airport).

Document and information inter-operability across multiple providers and sources is prone to many points of failure.
dennyzrh likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I have used VeriFLY several times, but it won’t allow me to put British Airways in for a trip to Portugal. It only allows Aer Lingus. I’ve also tried the download of documents in the BA app and on manage my booking on my laptop, but it never saves the information and after several attempts I’ve given up and will do it at LHR.

yesterday we did a passenger locator form for Portugal, which I saved on my computer, but on the BA app there’s no space for uploading this information, you have to do it all over again.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:32 am

24 hours vs 1 day

Quick question - I'm flying to GCM tomorrow and have had an antigen test done this morning before work. This should be fine as Cayman Islands is a test the day before. However, Verifly is insistent that it must be 24 hours before, for which I'm just outside of. When BA come to check my paperwork, what will they use to decide who is right? Is there an authoritative source I can check?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Trying to checkin for MAN-LHR-JFK-IND tomorrow and although I have successfully completed verifly and got the green tick, BA website is still not letting me check in, per this message ... any advice on what's wrong or is it just wait and see later in the day or present docs at MAN in the morning ?

Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Try checking in for each flight separately. Normally with a US flight visa and document checks are required before boarding but you should be able to OLCI.
Did you get the green tick for both the LHR and JFK flight?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Try checking in for each flight separately. Normally with a US flight visa and document checks are required before boarding but you should be able to OLCI.
Did you get the green tick for both the LHR and JFK flight?
It won't let me checkin for MAN-LHR or LHR-JFK. On verifly I have only completed "A Trip To USA", there is no option to do a trip within the UK now after the changes this morning.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:24 am

My mum is on the same flight and getting the same issue, so looks like an earlier start than planned
allycat53 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Verifly is no longer being used by BA
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Radtel
its the traveldocs system. you get a tracking number, look at it and it says all docs are fine and verfied and to check in. But when you go to check in, it says the docs are not verified

However, I noticed that of the 2 docs it asked me to upload, only one is showing as verified, there is no mention of the 2nd doc so maybe that is an issue
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:23 am

Where has this been stated / confirmed by BA?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by tartan 201
Where has this been stated / confirmed by BA?
I can't confirm this is BA wide but flights to the UK don't require Verifly currently.

Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I can't confirm this is BA wide but flights to the UK don't require Verifly currently.
Yes, but that's because there's no restrictions on entering the UK. Restrictions (tests etc) are still in place for many destinations BA flies to from the UK, so Verifly (or similar) would still make sense.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
It is for outbound flights
"Outbound routes from the UK - Available on selected outbound routes (including all destinations in Antigua, Argentina, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Egypt, France, Grenada, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, South Africa, St Lucia, Switzerland, Turks & Caicos, UAE and USA).

Common Travel Area - The Common Travel Area is comprised of the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands. You don’t need to use VeriFLY if your journey is only within the Common Travel Area."
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by allycat53
Trying to checkin for MAN-LHR-JFK-IND tomorrow and although I have successfully completed verifly and got the green tick, BA website is still not letting me check in, per this message ... any advice on what's wrong or is it just wait and see later in the day or present docs at MAN in the morning ?

had the exact same experience so frustrating I was on the BBC new north west last night about the chaos at Manchester airport. There is no BA premium check in so you have to show your verifly app and that’s it. Main thing is ensure you have completed your first nights accommodation in the USA. That was holding up check in for many. Arrive early and I mean early for your flight!!

check in staff said the verifly issue was impacting many. I tried everything to get check in to work to no avail.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I fly to Canada often. I have used ArrivCan but never Verifly.
Again, a post that I did earlier. Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.

Travelers do not need to use VeriFLY for flights that arrive in the UK after 4am on the 18th.

For more information on VeriFLY, please check out our Help Centre.

If you have any further queries, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist!

Kind Regards,

Daon Customer Support Representative

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 19, 2022 at 7:11 pm Reason: Cloak staff member’s name per FT rules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.