VeriFLY experiences

Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:03 pm

On Verifly’s website Spain is now explicitly listed as not available for Verifly. I just don’t understand why BA doesn’t offer, for returns in its home country, the same service available for outbound travels.
paulaf likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by 13901
On Verifly’s website Spain is now explicitly listed as not available for Verifly. I just don’t understand why BA doesn’t offer, for returns in its home country, the same service available for outbound travels.
I've just seen it in the list of locations no longer supported along with a dozen or so more, maybe as it's only the PLF to show now, no pre departure or Day 2 tests for fully vaccinated?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I finally got the app to work. The trick was... nothing. I just tried over and over, during different times of the day, etc... and finally, one time it "fetched" my vaccine photo. Why it wouldn't take it the other 15 times I've tried Verifly can't answer.

Anyway, once all uploaded Verifly experience was excellent. Got through check-in as easy as pie with the "pass". They barely even looked at it. Just saw a green circle around my photo and waved me along. Phone was held far away, I could've shown anyones photo and green circle. In any event, it worked. It is a good app when it works properly.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:00 pm

Basic question. Pre departure, BA would email and ask that we upload docs / vaccine certs / PLFs etc. Is this interface what's being referred to as Verifly here, or is that something else entirely?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
I've just seen it in the list of locations no longer supported along with a dozen or so more, maybe as it's only the PLF to show now, no pre departure or Day 2 tests for fully vaccinated?
Nope. OLCI doesn’t work, I tried the direct upload to traveldocs but it’s been 10+hrs and no dice. It’s OK today because I’m not on the clock but in a couple of weeks’ time I will and that’ll be a pain!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by 13901
Nope. OLCI doesn’t work, I tried the direct upload to traveldocs but it’s been 10+hrs and no dice. It’s OK today because I’m not on the clock but in a couple of weeks’ time I will and that’ll be a pain!
I contacted support last night and this was the reply I received no help:

"Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.Our airline partners are responsible for sending us their flight schedule.

Please note that VeriFLY is not mandatory and all travelers have the option to present their travel documents at the airport to obtain their boarding passes."

Just got another reply and they reiterated it is the airline that has not submitted the routes so not sure if you use Twitter whether its worth contacting BA?

Last edited by paulaf; Feb 20, 2022 at 4:59 am
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
I contacted support last night and this was the reply I received no help:

"Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.Our airline partners are responsible for sending us their flight schedule.

Please note that VeriFLY is not mandatory and all travelers have the option to present their travel documents at the airport to obtain their boarding passes."

Just got another reply and they reiterated it is the airline that has not submitted the routes so not sure if you use Twitter whether its worth contacting BA?
thanks Paula. I’ll give it a go.
paulaf likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:38 am

Does Verifly allow Covid Recovery Certificates to be uploaded?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:38 pm

So I tried to use VeriFLY as I now have my negative PCR test. It came back in minutes with a big TICK. Just need to wait for my husbands results and then hopefully that will be it. Are there special check in lanes for the smug??
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum BAEC Silver
VeriFLY was useful last week on an all AA booking to/from GIG with domestic US connections, but anything codeshare it hates.
Have a BA booking tomorrow with the first leg being AA metal with a BA codeshare and it appears BA are ok with their own flight and reference number for the LHR flight, but they don’t share that I’ve been VeriFLY’d with AA and their separate reference number, so I can’t check in. Have to do it at the desk tomorrow. Can’t see the point.. I mean - I’ll have a VeriFLY pass to show at the AA desk but it’ll all be manual..
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by kc1174
.... - I’ll have a VeriFLY pass to show at the AA desk but it’ll all be manual..
YMMV I think.

Checked in yesterday for an MCO-ORD-LHR AA/BA connection and tried to show AA check-in at MCO the VeriFLY pass, but check-in agent demanded to see the QR codes for both vaccination and UK PLF (and has no interest in seeing the VeriFLY pass). AA was then unable to print boarding passes for the TATL so had to get BPs from BA check-in in ORD where the VeriFLY app was accepted.

By comparison, on the GLA-LHR-CLT sectors last week (on 001 ticket stock), BA at GLA accepted VeriFLY and provided both UK domestic and AA TATL BPs.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Definitas
Does Verifly allow Covid Recovery Certificates to be uploaded?
Doesn’t seem like
Three time I already ended up getting a covid test i didn’t need to return to the US simply because I didn’t feel like arguing with some clueless agent
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Flying from New York to London this week (I'm vaccinated). Verifly wants me to assert that I have a negative Covid test as part of the "Before you go to the airport" step - no way to check-in online otherwise. Anyone come across this?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Flying FRA-LHR-JNB. Verifly lets me select LHR-JNB. The BA OLCI doesn't let me upload anything as would be the case on a FRA-LHR flight. Is there any way to get this to work?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Tried to use Verifly for ZRH-LHR-PHX, but the app only offered LHR-PHX. Nonetheless, I was able to get Verifly passes for the return to US based on digital covid test results. But apparently nothing was communicated to BA, as BA app and website claimed I had not provided proper documentation and kept inviting me to download the Verifly app

Gave up and just did in-person check-in at ZRH. Took about 2 minutes. Now regretting all the time I wasted trying to use VeriFlop. #totallyworthless

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.