Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Assuming you mean a 2xxx flight number, yes it does. Other 2xxx flight numbers do appear in the app for the route, just not this one. The flight was added to the operating schedule relatively recently (about 4 weeks ago), but so was the outbound flight booked (also 2xxx flight number), and that did appear in the app.
Yes, that confirms my suspicion, namely that BA told VeriFLY to add all LHR flights, then legacy LGW flight numbers, but didn't take account of extra flights then added with a LGW flight number but actually using LHR. What I think they were doing was keeping VeriFLY to LHR services (rather than LCY and the token LGW services), so that would have been all sub 2k flight numbers. They knew they had to add on those LGW services which were repointed to LHR from way back, but then other flights were added with 2k. They couldn't just say "all 2K please" because some flights really do go to LGW. Your outbound was I suspect legacy LGW.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Even more jibberish has now appeared on the app (see post above)
Though it looks to be correct to me, and even uses 3 days rather than 72 hours.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:57 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that confirms my suspicion, namely that BA told VeriFLY to add all LHR flights, then legacy LGW flight numbers, but didn't take account of extra flights then added with a LGW flight number but actually using LHR. What I think they were doing was keeping VeriFLY to LHR services (rather than LCY and the token LGW services), so that would have been all sub 2k flight numbers. They knew they had to add on those LGW services which were repointed to LHR from way back, but then other flights were added with 2k. They couldn't just say "all 2K please" because some flights really do go to LGW. Your outbound was I suspect legacy LGW.
Quite possible, though the outbound flight from LHR doesn’t look like legacy LGW (both outbound and return are 28xx), and the outbound did appear. I’m not such an expert on the exact nature of the legacy LGW flight numbering, happy to bow to your greater knowledge. No response or update to the app so far, guess they will only make a change if BA itself requests.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
So it’s accurate to say you don’t need a pre departure test if you’ve been fully vaccinated?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:15 am

So it’s accurate to say you don’t need a pre departure test if you’ve been fully vaccinated?
I see what you mean. You are exempt from the day8 testing requirement and won't need to do day5 either if applicable, but the pre-flight and day2 tests do need to be lined up, there are very few exemptions to those tests. It's also the Travel Covid Pass rather than as described on your screenshot.

I hope someone from VeriFLY or BA is reading this thread!
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
I have a 48 hr round trip to Majorca with BA coming up - wondering if I have a test in the UK within the 72 window of returning will that be approved on VeriFLY and accepted for the entry into U.K. - I couldn’t find any info stipulating test had to be done at destination just that a test was required within 72 hours of flight back.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I see what you mean. You are exempt from the day8 testing requirement and won't need to do day5 either if applicable, but the pre-flight and day2 tests do need to be lined up, there are very few exemptions to those tests. It's also the Travel Covid Pass rather than as described on your screenshot.

Exactly, and if you look at the first screen shot I posted, you can’t even upload a negative test result now if you’ve already uploaded a Travel Covid Pass, as the checklist also tells you it’s not required and even gives you a little green tick.

What could possibly go wrong!
Old Jul 17, 2021, 5:20 am

Exactly, and if you look at the first screen shot I posted, you can’t even upload a negative test result now if you’ve already uploaded a Travel Covid Pass, as the checklist also tells you it’s not required and even gives you a little green tick.

What could possibly go wrong!
Well one (unlikely) explanation is that I think the relevant Statutory Instrument hasn't been updated for this yet, though some related SIs have been updated. The guidance has been updated and the way it is laid out may give someone unfamiliar with the situation the wrong impression if they didn't read the whole page.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 6:08 am

Well one (unlikely) explanation is that I think the relevant Statutory Instrument hasn't been updated for this yet, though some related SIs have been updated. The guidance has been updated and the way it is laid out may give someone unfamiliar with the situation the wrong impression if they didn't read the whole page.

slightly off topic but the UK govt passenger locator form has also not been updated, so the exempt vaccinated still have to tick a box stating that they will isolate at home for 10 days
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
This morning tried to add my upcoming trip to Greece. Only AA shows in the dropdown box to select an airline. BA does show up if I try to add a trip to another country.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Does anyone know how quickly they update the requirements for each country? I’m headed to France on Friday and lots has changed this weekend !
Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
I have used VeriFly or tried to 3 times. In Faro in May a flash of the green screen was accepted after a quick check with a colleague. In Malta last month they ignored it and still wanted to see documents. In Mallorca despite our flight being added 10 days before it wasn’t on the drop down list so couldn’t use it. Also couldn’t use Speedbird cafe due to same issue. I find it amazing that BA can’t manage to add flight numbers to their system to make things like this work given the constant changes at the moment.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

ha, I thought this was them finally sorting out the issue for trips to Ireland from tomorrow - no need for test if vaccinated. It’s asking me (on the checklist) to confirm I have a printed copy of a PLF that’s now online only so I should have known it was a bit sketchy…
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Loaded my VeriFLY app with all the requirements - checked in at VCE today- the guy in front of us tried to use it and got nowhere with the agent. She had never used it and he didn’t have his documents. Spent 15 minutes as she tried to figure things out from his phone screen. We didn’t even try our codes, just showed her our printed tests and UK PLF’s and went quickly on our way.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Entirely possible I missed something, but is there any linkage of Verifly in relation to the BA process
Granted, it's been useful in advising of requirements and collating all the information and forms for my trip to PMI later this week and ensure everything is done.
But then I kind of had to add everything again to the BA record or the manage my booking to be complete as well which seemed a duplicative process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.